Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Penrose watch

Penrose watch

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Penrose watch

Unread postby mikecgrimes » 10 Feb 2019, 08:42

With a 13 point lead and 8 games left for Duluth and Western Michigan it's probably more of a matter of when and not if. I have a hard time imagining it won't be clinched prior to the final weekend against Duluth.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nchc-hocke ... dings.html

If Duluth and Western drop 2 (or some combination of ties) in the next two weeks and we sweep Omaha we can clinch with 2 weeks remaining.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Re: Penrose watch

Unread postby Doe » 10 Feb 2019, 12:07

Would be desirable if they win at WMU when I'm in attendance. I was in Madison when they clinched the last McNaughton, so I'm sort of good at picking games to go to.
Doe
Redshirt

Unread postby ts8801 » 10 Feb 2019, 17:57

Ha, I'll be at the last three games, but I won't complain if we've already clinched
ts8801
3rd Line

Unread postby mikecgrimes » 10 Feb 2019, 19:49

Doe wrote:Would be desirable if they win at WMU when I'm in attendance. I was in Madison when they clinched the last McNaughton, so I'm sort of good at picking games to go to.

Seems pretty probable. It's possible to clinch with a sweep over Omaha but at least one of Denver Duluth or Western would probably still be hanging on by a thread, and unless Western sweeps us any points we get against them should eliminate them even if we split with Omaha.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread postby mikecgrimes » 15 Feb 2019, 19:00

While I would consider Western Michigan behind Duluth in Denver in chance to make us sweat their down 3-0 early to North Dakota. A 4 game Fighting Hawk win streak starting tonight would do the trick.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread postby mikecgrimes » Yesterday, 23:30

With Duluth's loss the magic # is 3 wins. The Huskies should be able to take care of all that on their own, outside of the head to head games against the Huskies the 3 teams hanging on have fairly easy schedules so it wouldn't shock me if at least one of them wins out the other games.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Return to Men's Hockey