Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

2018 NCAA tournament regionals

2018 NCAA tournament regionals

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Re: 2018 NCAA tournament regionals

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 18 Mar 2018, 12:36

mdneilson wrote:
Rabid_Husky wrote:So much for protecting the #1 seed.

I expected this, obviously. The NCAA refuses to send Eastern teams Westward if it can avoid it. And This all but guarantees a MN team in St. Paul. All the NCAA cares about is money - they've never given a single thought to bracket integrity.

They already have the money though...the tickets are sold. We got hosed.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 18 Mar 2018, 21:11

SCSU Men's Hockey
‏@SCSUHUSKIES_MH
8h8 hours ago
More
The #1 seed @SCSUHUSKIES will play Air Force on March 23 at 3 pm in Sioux Falls at the @NCAAIceHockey West Regional. Watch on ESPNU and listen on The River 96.7 FM.
Tickets at: http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/unmjq ... IONALFINAL
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mikecgrimes » 19 Mar 2018, 05:13

just win. Outside of the Air Force game there is nothing that even resembles an easy game. I also really don't think there is any difference at all between the top 2 seed and bottom 3 seed, the one seeds this year are on another level and the 4 seeds are all slightly lesser teams. I didn't like the bracket when I first saw it but all we have to do is beat Air Force and beat a team we did pretty good against already this year and then probably a rematch of Saturday night to get to the National Championship game. It's a lot to ask but we should expect nothing less.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread postby hockeypuck » 19 Mar 2018, 07:27

hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby DirtyBottles » 19 Mar 2018, 08:25

Does anyone know if we'll be able to buy tickets via the SCSU ticket office?

Also, we did some searching for hotel rooms and options seemed fairly limited unless you want to spend $250 / night. We ended up getting a house via AirBnb.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work - Thomas Edison.

Today I will do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't - unknown
DirtyBottles
3rd Line

Unread postby ozzie » 19 Mar 2018, 10:06

DirtyBottles wrote:Does anyone know if we'll be able to buy tickets via the SCSU ticket office?

Also, we did some searching for hotel rooms and options seemed fairly limited unless you want to spend $250 / night. We ended up getting a house via AirBnb.

SCSU will get an allotment of tickets to sell to the public. (200-300 IDK) Season ticket holders and donors get first dibs if SCSU runs things like they did for the Fagro regional
ozzie
Redshirt

Unread postby hockeypuck » 19 Mar 2018, 11:50

SCSU Men's hockey
NCAA Regional tickets packages available to SCSU season ticket holders

St. Cloud State University men's hockey season ticket holders can purchase NCAA Division I West Regional ticket packages through the SCSU Athletic Ticket Office through the end of the day on Tuesday, March 20.

The tournament ticket packages are priced at $74 per person and they include tickets to all three games of the 2018 NCAA West Regional, which will be held in Sioux Falls, S.D. at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center on March 23-24. The Huskies open regional play at 3 p.m. on March 23 against Air Force.

For complete information on how SCSU season ticket holders can purchase these tournament ticket packages, please call the SCSU Athletic Ticket Office at 320-308-2137 or 1-877-SCSUTIX.

If you are not a SCSU men's hockey season ticket holder, you can purchase regional tournament tickets at:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/unmjq ... IONALFINAL
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby PokeCheck » 19 Mar 2018, 12:08

Yes, hotel rooms in SF appear to be a challenge. I was lucky to grab a room at the Hampton near the mall yesterday afternoon, after showing that it was all booked a few hours before that (so keep checking back). Try Candlewood Suites (IHG website), looks like they have rooms for about $135.

Also, quite a few ticket options available on Stub Hub. Upper and lower levels available for reasonable cost.

Good luck and see all you Husky fans in SF!
PokeCheck
2nd Line

Unread postby Pump It Up » 19 Mar 2018, 12:22

Got a UND buddy who is trying to get rid of his 18 person suite. Center ice. At the regionals, the suites are the only places you can get beer/liquor. He's willing to let it go at a discount, obviously. Let me know I can put you in touch with him.
Pump It Up
2nd Line

Unread postby mdneilson » 19 Mar 2018, 19:14

Pump It Up wrote:Got a UND buddy who is trying to get rid of his 18 person suite. Center ice. At the regionals, the suites are the only places you can get beer/liquor. He's willing to let it go at a discount, obviously. Let me know I can put you in touch with him.

FYI Suites include 8 tickets. And drinks must be pre-ordered.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Pump It Up » 19 Mar 2018, 19:41

mdneilson wrote:
Pump It Up wrote:Got a UND buddy who is trying to get rid of his 18 person suite. Center ice. At the regionals, the suites are the only places you can get beer/liquor. He's willing to let it go at a discount, obviously. Let me know I can put you in touch with him.

FYI Suites include 8 tickets. And drinks must be pre-ordered.
He had the option to purchase an additional 10. This is a suite, not a loge box.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Pump It Up
2nd Line

Unread postby hockeypuck » 19 Mar 2018, 22:10

SCSU Men's Hockey Retweeted
SCSU Alumni Assoc.
‏@SCSUGrad
6h6 hours ago
More
Anybody coming to Sioux Falls this weekend? Shout out if you are! #GOHUSKIESWOOOOO
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 19 Mar 2018, 23:50

Pump It Up wrote:He had the option to purchase an additional 10. This is a suite, not a loge box.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was just making sure someone that might be interested knew that they didn't include a full box of tickets. :D
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby DirtyBottles » 20 Mar 2018, 08:26

I honestly don't know what to think in terms of predictions. In looking at Air Force's stats, they don't score a lot of goals but they don't give up many either. And they're undefeated when leading after 2 so Captain Obvious says, lets not get behind.

If we manage not to choke against AF, then Mankato/UMD game is a complete toss up. I just hope we give our selves a chance and find a way to St. Paul.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work - Thomas Edison.

Today I will do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't - unknown
DirtyBottles
3rd Line

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hockey