Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

WCHA officiating

WCHA officiating

Talk about those other, inferior, teams here.

WCHA officiating

Unread postby mdneilson » 19 Dec 2012, 01:25

I don't know how this has escaped everyone for so long, but I cannot believe this blunder by the officials. The WI player leaves his feet, like two feet into the air, and elbows the MTU player who was forechecking in the head. The WI player was not called for anything on the ice, and was suspended for one game. Let's break this hit down a little more:

1. The player getting hit is forechecking the posessor of the puck - interference
2. The hitting player leaves his feet - charging
3. The hit is a thrown elbow - elbowing
4. The primary point of contact is the head - contact to the head

The play was with 1:25 left in OT, so a penalty called could have decided the game. I really don't understand how one wasn't called - and I don't understand the officials' reluctance to make a call near the end of a game or in OT. A penalty is a penalty, no matter what the clock says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww8sVIT0Oo0

Marvin's hit against a Winny player was far less severe, and without the obvious intent that this hit had, and he got 3 games. I'm really glad we're getting clear of the Sheppard posse and their inconsistent bs.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Re: WCHA officiating

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 19 Dec 2012, 09:51

Marvin's hit on Geoffrion was also his 2nd offense. That's why he got 3 games.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Re: WCHA officiating

Unread postby mdneilson » 19 Dec 2012, 22:35

Rabid_Husky wrote:Marvin's hit on Geoffrion was also his 2nd offense. That's why he got 3 games.

I know, regardless. This is a very dangerous hit with clear intent. I think Marvin's first hit against Genoway should have been 2 games (for intent) and none for the second. This one is dirty as you can get, and should be punished to suit.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Return to Other Hockey Teams