Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Potential Recruits

Potential Recruits

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Potential Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 05 Jul 2007, 16:24

The_Exiled_One wrote: [quote author=scsutommyboy link=1182178387/0#13 date=1183654427][quote author=The_Exiled_One link=1182178387/0#12 date=1183641414]Next big event is the Select 17 camp.  It starts Sunday July 8th at the NHC.  Any Husky fans attending should keep an eye out for locals Ben Hanowski from Little Falls, Drew Olson from Brainerd, as well as Shattuck's Luke Greiner and (just in case) Tyler Landman from Roseau.  I don't have any special info on Landman, but as the available 17's start dropping off, I think the odds of SCSU landing a recruit like Tyler go up.  And considering the commitment of the coaches kid, I'm sure Motz & Ko. have made overtures to all the potenial Rams recruits.

What is the birth date cut off for the select 17 festival?  [/quote]
They should all be '90 birthdates.[/quote]

So they take no late 89' birthday's?
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 05 Jul 2007, 16:59

scsutommyboy wrote: [quote author=The_Exiled_One link=1182178387/0#14 date=1183656999][quote author=scsutommyboy link=1182178387/0#13 date=1183654427][quote author=The_Exiled_One link=1182178387/0#12 date=1183641414]Next big event is the Select 17 camp.  It starts Sunday July 8th at the NHC.  Any Husky fans attending should keep an eye out for locals Ben Hanowski from Little Falls, Drew Olson from Brainerd, as well as Shattuck's Luke Greiner and (just in case) Tyler Landman from Roseau.  I don't have any special info on Landman, but as the available 17's start dropping off, I think the odds of SCSU landing a recruit like Tyler go up.  And considering the commitment of the coaches kid, I'm sure Motz & Ko. have made overtures to all the potenial Rams recruits.

What is the birth date cut off for the select 17 festival?  [/quote]
They should all be '90 birthdates.[/quote]

So they take no late 89' birthday's?

[/quote]
I don't believe so.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Rookie » 06 Jul 2007, 09:25

When it comes to the national and select teams I'm pretty sure it's strictly Jan 1 to Dec. 31 of that birth year. In this case 1990. You can be younger, but not older. It seems silly to us due to the school year being Sept of one year to May/June of the next, but that's the way it is for the international competition.

Okay, everyone probably already knew that. :)
Rookie
2nd Line

Potential Recruits

Unread postby huskies18 » 07 Jul 2007, 02:52

The '90 class is one of the deepest classes in that Minnesota has seen in a long time. Look for most of the USA U-18 roster to be full of our boys from MN. It's to bad Minnesota landed Jordan Schroeder, he is going to be a easily a Top 10 Draft Pick in '09.
huskies18
3rd Line

Potential Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 09 Jul 2007, 08:46

How good are the two St. Cloud boys on the under 17 national team? I have never seen neither of them play.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby huskies18 » 09 Jul 2007, 20:06

St. Cloud boys as in locals, or players that have committed to St. Cloud?
huskies18
3rd Line

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Boomer » 10 Jul 2007, 01:28

Nate Schmidt is the kid from SC Cathedral. Very poised, very skilled. Good defenseman with very good offensive skills. Skates as well as most college players. --Would be a welcome addition to the Huskies.
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 10 Jul 2007, 13:02

Boomer wrote: Nate Schmidt is the kid from SC Cathedral.  Very poised, very skilled.  Good defenseman with very good offensive skills.  Skates as well as most college players.  --Would be a welcome addition to the Huskies.

What about the kid from tech? I had never heard of him before. I ahve heard nothing but good things about Schimdt.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby huskies18 » 10 Jul 2007, 15:59

Maetke(sp?) is more of a grinder type of player. He is not as flashy as most of the Minnesota boys, but still gets the job done. He will land somewhere in the WCHA.
huskies18
3rd Line

Potential Recruits

Unread postby WCHA_Fan » 12 Jul 2007, 22:24

Rabid_Husky wrote: According to a USCHO article, Winger Luca Cunti is looking strongly at either us for Clarkson

Heisenberg says Cunti committed to SCSU for the fall of '07.
WCHA_Fan
Redshirt

Potential Recruits

Unread postby LadyHusky17 » 14 Jul 2007, 04:11

WCHA_Fan wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1182178387/0#7 date=1183008903]According to a USCHO article, Winger Luca Cunti is looking strongly at either us for Clarkson

Heisenberg says Cunti committed to SCSU for the fall of '07.[/quote]

Times had a small artical on him in the Two-minute Drill as well

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070714/SPORTS/107140005/1002

Slight possablity that he might not be here until next fall from the sound of it, course that's if his "paper work" doesn't go through in time.

Was bored just a moment and decided to not be lazy for once and decided to look up some stuff on him... found this artical, any merit there?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/columnist.jsp?content=20061228_142053_5228
Come to SCSU! Get whip-Lasch! -LadyHusky17

Did I mention I'm a bad speller? -LadyHusky17
LadyHusky17
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Huskie » 15 Jul 2007, 13:14

Here's an interesting quote from someone that claims to have sen the kid. I hope he shows this fall. Could be a great projrct for Bob.:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Electrifying talent that is the most individualist in the draft and may refuse to play in the AHL which would hurt his odds of ever playing in the NHL.

I’ve never seen him finish a check or sacrifice himself to make a play.

65. C Luca Cunti, Switzerland, 6-0 185, 7-4-1989, Switzerland

++ World Class skill

+ Quickness, scoring touch, creativity

- Attitude, lacks an resemblance of a team oriented game.

Cunti is the enigma of the draft as he possesses a skill set worthy of a top 10 selection but his attitude is a serious question mark. He rather stick handle around three opponents with an awe-inspiring display that gets him nowhere instead of making the simple pass that would get his team a goal. Cunti is a fluid skater with a dynamic change of gears and exceptional agility as he can turn on a dime. He effortlessly can reach speeds most dream of and he’s an end to end threat. Cunti possesses world class hand skill and can execute some impressive dangles while carrying the puck coast to coast. The main concern is that he doesn’t move his feet away from the puck and his defensive effort is horrid. He can often be caught floating on the back check. Cunti also is selfish with the puck and must learn how to utilize his line mates more. That said when he does decide to share the puck he displays great vision and poise with the puck executing some creative passes. An outspoken character, Cunti is interested in coming to North America to play college hockey and might play for the Chicago Steel of the USHL next season.

Huskie
1st Line

Potential Recruits

Unread postby pjoyn » 15 Jul 2007, 21:38

When I saw that he chose St. Cloud, all I could think about is Arnason. Someone with a load of talent, but poor work ethic. The more I read about him, it is not about work ethic, but rather team attitude. I think this is a great pick-up for St. Cloud State and possibly the blue-chipper that could push this team over the top. If Bob & Co. can merge his skill with a "team-first" attitude, they could really have something special. If not, they will just have wasted a one year scholarship at the most.

When you hear about draft picks, it is always a crap shoot. If Cunti really has the skill set he does, it is hard not to envision a player in an Ovechkin or Crosby mold. I know that is a bit of a stretch, but those players were top 10's in their draft years and made the NHL right away. Cunti could have that skill set and with the proper guidance and discipline, he could be even more.

A faithful Husky fan could dream. ;)
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby bert » 16 Jul 2007, 09:44

pjoyn wrote: When I saw that he chose St. Cloud, all I could think about is Arnason.  Someone with a load of talent, but poor work ethic.  The more I read about him, it is not about work ethic, but rather team attitude.  I think this is a great pick-up for St. Cloud State and possibly the blue-chipper that could push this team over the top.  If Bob & Co. can merge his skill with a "team-first" attitude, they could really have something special.  If not, they will just have wasted a one year scholarship at the most.  

When you hear about draft picks, it is always a crap shoot.  If Cunti really has the skill set he does, it is hard not to envision a player in an Ovechkin or Crosby mold.  I know that is a bit of a stretch, but those players were top 10's in their draft years and made the NHL right away.  Cunti could have that skill set and with the proper guidance and discipline, he could be even more.  

A faithful Husky fan could dream.   ;)

Over the top of what? ;D :D ;)
bert
2nd Line

Potential Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 16 Jul 2007, 14:25

bert wrote: [quote author=pjoyn link=1182178387/25#27 date=1184553499]When I saw that he chose St. Cloud, all I could think about is Arnason.  Someone with a load of talent, but poor work ethic.  The more I read about him, it is not about work ethic, but rather team attitude.  I think this is a great pick-up for St. Cloud State and possibly the blue-chipper that could push this team over the top.  If Bob & Co. can merge his skill with a "team-first" attitude, they could really have something special.  If not, they will just have wasted a one year scholarship at the most.  

When you hear about draft picks, it is always a crap shoot.  If Cunti really has the skill set he does, it is hard not to envision a player in an Ovechkin or Crosby mold.  I know that is a bit of a stretch, but those players were top 10's in their draft years and made the NHL right away.  Cunti could have that skill set and with the proper guidance and discipline, he could be even more.  

A faithful Husky fan could dream.   ;)

Over the top of what?   ;D :D ;)[/quote]

bastard!!!! >:( ;)
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hockey