Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

i was gone...

i was gone...

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

i was gone...

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 10 Oct 2006, 09:21

carl, did the other retards on my team manage to find themselves a goalie?
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

i was gone...

Unread postby Husky1 » 10 Oct 2006, 10:03

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: carl, did the other retards on my team manage to find themselves a goalie?

In a word, no. We forfeited. We played the game without a goalie and managed an 8-8 tie (the other team was lousy) but officially it will go down as a 3-0 loss. Someone actually brought goalie pads, but nobody would put them on. I would've had I known what I was doing. Needless to say had we had a goalie that person would've only faced about 2 real shots and probably would've recorded a shutout.

I will say that I had more fun Sunday than I have previously. The guys who showed up seemed more open to passing and in general it was a good time. Hope that trend continues (I won't hold my breath). That other team celebrated every open net goal they scored like they won the Stanley Cup. So did their exceedingly large fan club. That was embarassing. I guess they must not score goals too often when there is actually a goalie in the other net. ::)

Husky1
1st Line

i was gone...

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 10 Oct 2006, 12:27

why did we forfeit? glad u had more fun though...was it dif people then normal or what?
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

i was gone...

Unread postby Husky1 » 10 Oct 2006, 13:04

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: why did we forfeit? glad u had more fun though...was it dif people then normal or what?

Because the rules this year state that you must have a goalie by the end of the 1st period or you automatically forfeit. One ref knew the rule, the other didn't. By the time they told us it was already too late for anyone to go put the pads on.

It was mostly the same guys, although there were a couple guys wearing black jerseys that I didn't recognize. Keith was the only guy I noticed for sure that wasn't there. Not that he's the problem. There is one bigger guy who plays D (#8 or 9?) who tries to go coast-to-coast every time he has the puck. He even circled the net twice on one rush last time rather than passing to a teammate. He seems nice enough but he might want to learn to dish it off once in a while.

Husky1
1st Line

i was gone...

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 10 Oct 2006, 13:12

hes number 9...his name is jamie, he is a nice guy but ive noticed that too...but yeah, try being at the skill level of me and you and telling people better then you what they should maybe try and do...
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Return to Ice Times