Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

week 6 *****

week 6 *****

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

week 6 *****

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 13 Feb 2005, 11:47

man, yall better just watch out now....

honestly, the best weve ever played times 7...amazing things happen when everyone shows up.
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

week 6 *****

Unread postby HockeyBum » 13 Feb 2005, 19:19

P4H,

You guys looked sharp last night. If you get everyone to show up like that, you're a very tough team to beat. The Demons weren't very good, but I think you guys would have beaten any team in the league last night the way you played.

Rubes beat the Freeze 6-4 over at glorious Columbia 2 last night. I was pretty impressed with the Freeze. Those guys are good. They're a bunch of trees too... I think every one of them was over 6 feet tall.
HockeyBum
1st Line

week 6 *****

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 13 Feb 2005, 21:33

Doug and Jeremy, check your emails.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

week 6 *****

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 14 Feb 2005, 01:44

doug,

yeah i think i had like 10 shots on me, not very many, the one goal went off gregs leg and the other was thru a lot of traffic...

but yeah, everyone played friggen awesome as a team, i hope it got everyone spirits and team moral up so everyone will show up and kick ass
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

week 6 *****

Unread postby Husky1 » 14 Feb 2005, 01:54

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: doug,

yeah i think i had like 10 shots on me, not very many, the one goal went off gregs leg and the other was thru a lot of traffic...

but yeah, everyone played friggen awesome as a team, i hope it got everyone spirits and team moral up so everyone will show up and kick ass

P4H, how did your other game go?
Husky1
1st Line

week 6 *****

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 14 Feb 2005, 09:26

played for like 7 minutes and the goalie showed up

i guess it was a C level game and they are very bad he said
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

week 6 *****

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 15 Feb 2005, 00:03

Jacks were crushed by Icedogs 12-1. There were several things we did poorly, but mostly their team is just really good. I think I'm going to try and catch a Rubes/Freeze, Rubes/Icedogs, or Icedogs/Freeze game just to see some really good D hockey.

The big news is that the first goal of the game was scored by none other than... WADE! That was Wade's first career goal. Even though it was soft, he should be proud it came against such a good team. Nobody else on our squad managed to match his feat.

On a personal note, I made my first coast to coast run. I was playing defense and picked up a loose puck behind the net. The Icefags immediately began to back off. Our left side is weaker, so I decided to skate it out instead of pass it. One of their guys tried to poke check me at center ice but I passed it to myself off the boards, skated by him, and took it into their zone. I had one defender in front of me and decided to take the shot instead of deeking him. I turned perfectly and lined up the shot... WHIFF!! None of my players were trailing me so the Icefags got to the puck before I could recover it. As you guys all know I usually don't flip out on the ice, but I was so pissed at myself that I smacked my stick and nearly broke it while shouting a particular explitive. I don't get those chances all the time, especially against a good team like that. I'm still kinda fuming over it.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

week 6 *****

Unread postby HockeyBum » 15 Feb 2005, 00:52

Congrats to Wade on his first goal! :D

I saw on the SuperRink standings the other night that the Icedogs were undefeated, so don't feel so bad. The Rubes play them in 2 weeks at Columbia if you want to come watch. We beat the Freeze in a really close game on Sunday with only 10 skaters. Everyone was sucking wind by the third period. Hopefully we'll have a full line-up when we play the Icedogs.
HockeyBum
1st Line

week 6 *****

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 15 Feb 2005, 04:56

i see how it is, dont uclude us in the good d league game, well we will show you slappys!
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

week 6 *****

Unread postby Saint » 15 Feb 2005, 10:01

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: i see how it is, dont uclude us in the good d league game, well we will show you slappys!

Daz right! ;D

we've turned the corner, I have a pregame ritual that has energized my hockey career, and p4h is comin to the dance!

:D <--------pretty much like p4h
Saint
Hobey Baker Finalist

Return to Ice Times