Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

2019-20 Brett Larson Show

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Unread postby hockeypuck » 14 Oct 2019, 06:42

Forgot about this last week...
1390granitecitysports.com
BRETT LARSON SHOW 10-7-19 [PODCAST]
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Re: 2019-20 Brett Larson Show

Unread postby hockeypuck » 15 Oct 2019, 07:12

Last night's show...
Coach Larson was out recruiting.
Asst Coach Mike Gibbons arrived a little late, talked about Bemidji, being a BSU alumn, the BSU series, where the team is at and the bye week.

He also talked about Jack Ahcan's making fun of his fishing prowess- not taking the fish off the line.
Coach Gibbons also took credit for naming the "Intensity line" -Poehlings with Fitzy centering.

Nick Perbix and Kevin Fitzgerald were the player guests and they talked about their summer and the team this year.

(Nick a lot of golfing in Elk River, the Da Beauty League and the Tampa Bay dev camp -one week late June)
(Kevin working - production and his trip (with his GF from South Dakota) to Florida)

No coaches show next week because of the bye. Next show the Monday following the Northeastern series at home.
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 29 Oct 2019, 05:48

SCSU Men's Hockey
‏@SCSUHUSKIES_MH
16h16 hours ago
More
Stop by the @GreenMill in downtown St. Cloud tonight (Oct. 28) for the weekly @SCSUHUSKIES_MH Brett Larson Show from 6-7 pm.
Listen on The River 96.7 FM or https://river967.com

Brett Larson- 1st home game for the guys from jrs and older players were in bigger roles. Larson- My first home game I felt like I was in a blender. We were tentative we were watching , they had a few more games under their belt. Proud of the guys Saturday. Saw flashes , even as good as they were there were stretches where we were not so good but we still have a lot of work to do. Erickson- It's hard to keep that up the whole game. Larson- We played our best 15 min, then the mental mistake- too many men penalty- and then it took us 7 minutes to get going again. In that 7 min span we gave up a bunch of grade-A chances. I like Fitzy's line all the time, Sam's line been mixing in different guys. Playing Brodzy with Brand, some chemistry in practice. Really like Hammer's game, like his details and he's pushing guys for playing time. Really liked Jake Wahlin's play, not going to sit him after how he played Friday. Lot's of competition for those spots. Erickson- How did we get Chase Brand here? Gibby and I recruited him. Erickson- Did you text him good luck with that choice-going to Miami? Coach-Usually I say "I'll pull for you unless you play against us". Erickson- Taking a time out. Player guests Lakeville connection Nick Poehling and Henry Enebak.
Be back in a minute.
----------------Commercial Break--------------------------------------
Kwik Trip --
General rule of thumb, no show after an off weekend. Coach Larson is here. Share a funny story about Marcia, and the real ID thing, trophy unveiling, she (Marcia) shared that Brooks shared his salary with the asst coaches. Larson looked at Gibby and said that ain't happening.
Erickson- Graduate players can be a good pickup. Larson- Yes, They have a Family advisor , yes, you can't contact them. NCAA has a portal and then if they are on there we can contact them, always watching for the players on the portal.
Erickson - Sam when the net was jarred loose and David, Larson- yes that was a great first shot for David, it was a breakaway (sarcasm).
He's taking it to whole new level. He needs to get through those moments.
Erickson -Northeastern's coach was livid. Larson- But I saw the defenseman it go off his stick and it was a great heads up play by Sam. We have challenged those centers and Sam has really taken upon himself to fill that role. We created a lot of chances but didn't bury it. Need to be better in zone entries. Need better PP. Spence Meier looks really good over there in the PP.
----------------Commercial Break-------------------------------------
Infinity Plus Federal Credit Union, Bradshaw and Bryant, Polaris - Meis Outland in Watkins and St. Cloud, Rotor Rooter plumbing and water cleanup, JLG architects, Learfield IMG college

Intro- Friday night broadcast Goal call by Erickson - Kranilla to Hentges
Season 2 Episode 3

Princeton scrimmages Yale, Larson- I guess they study out there. Erickson- 2 ties last year. They are going to be tough. Nice to focus on us. Like about it, we need to be clean on breakouts, good on fore-check, Ozone identity, beating guys back to the net, good on the back check. Be as good as we can be, back to our identity. Erickson - Ensure it? Larson -I need to ensure it? All we can do is practice the right way, prepare the right way. We can't be thinking we just have to go do it.
Erickson- Lot of juggling the lines. Larson -Looking for the right combinations. Last year guys fit and knew their roles. This year there is competition. I like that but there will some changes early. But once they are there I like to keep them there. Patience with a young team, they need to make mistakes and trust in them so you know they'll be there when you need them at the end.

----------------Commercial Break---------------------------------------
Missed first one-- Jules Bistro, Preferred One, Learfield IMG College Director's Cup, Rotor Rooter Plumbing and water cleanup, Scheel's -Crossroads Mall

Intro- Radio broadcast Erickson call Sam Hentges to Jack Poehling - Saturday night

Nick Poehling and Henry Enebak, Nick and Jack who's funnier, depends on the mood. Jack - dark humor.
Erickson -to Henry - Reminisce about the State Tournament? Henry -First year lopsided loss to Edina. Really focused the next year "unfinished business" Nick - was trying to keep Ryno and Henry focused.
Nick - Obviously Friday wasn't good, didn't execute. Really bounced back Saturday. Erickson -What was mood after the game Friday, angry, disappointed? Nick- I think we were more disappointed. Larson said No one feels bad for you so no reason to mope. It's hard to correct it when you get off to a bad start. Need to come to play.
Erickson -That move broke the guys ankles? Nick- We've been working on that, going hard and cutting to the middle. Erickson-How has Henry been? Henry - The Guys are great, been a lot of fun. Been a while since I have gone to school though. Studying Business Mgt. My grandfather runs a construction company. Definitely something I would like to get into.
My biggest focus is making everyone better, doing my best, putting my nose to the grindstone.
Nick- There are a lot of great freshmen. Coach great job in guys fitting in. Have to mesh, yeah for sure, a key , jrs and on a difference is who is on team and who is playing for each other makes the difference.
Erickson- Your Monday night hockey fix.
------------------Commercial Break-------------------------
PCI has the job for you, St. Cloud Orthopedics, Kwik Trip, Bradshaw and Bryant, Learfield IMG college -sync my game .com, Polaris Mies Outland

Intro- Radio broadcast Erickson -Brodzinski to Brand to Hentges goal.

Sam is really something to watch. Really wondering how he got so fast with the injury. This is a new level. He was great last year but he's really fun to watch this year. Henry what was jrs like? Henry- It was fun, mannerisms living in Canada, toboggan, stocking hats. Erickson -What was it like for hockey? Carleton is like a suburb of Ottawa kind of like home -Lakeville. Erickson-Mom in the track record book. Henry-I guess it kind of factored in there. My dad was a gopher. I remember the St. Cloud / Gopher games. Mom St. Cloud and Dad gopher. Nick (Gophers) They are always someone we want to play- fun.
--------------------Commercial Break----------------------------
Stop by your A country office to learn more, Scheel's, Polaris- Mies Outland, Bradshaw and Bryant, JLG architects, Jules Bistro

St. Cloud vs Princeton U Tigers, 7:37 Friday, 6:07 Saturday
Dave Reichel and I will be broadcasting. Welcome Freshman Henry Enebak and Sr. Nick Poehling.
Erickson-How's Ryan doing? Concussion, Laval Rocket. Nick -Doing good. We were there for his first game. We found out Friday night 3am and skipped dad's party and went to Montreal. Hat trick and SO game winner. We told him we could have used those goals a couple weeks early. Erickson- Brothers can do that. Nick- He didn't even look at his phone it was so many (texts). Couldn't leave the motel, security- had to go out the back- mobbed, Ryan couldn't believe what happened. Nick -Kind of reminded me - like the European soccer teams, crazy stuff, the fans out there (Montreal).
Nick-I am sure Princeton will be good, all college teams are good. I thought for our team the bye was good for us. Henry -Golfing at Legends club. Erickson-Interests? Enough about Nick we need to know about Henry. Henry- Hunting and fishing, gym or on the ice. Erickson-Lund boat? Henry- Yes. Erickson- Where do you fish? Henry- Poehling's cabin, more a water sport lake. Looking forward to more Henry and thank you Nick. Both players- Thank you.

Sponsors...
Green Mill, Preferred One, Bradshaw and Bryant, missed one, Cetera investment services, Deerwood Bank
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 04 Nov 2019, 22:23

Last week's show...
1390granitecitysports.com
BRETT LARSON SHOW 10/28/19 [PODCAST]

I only caught part of tonight's show...
Nick Oliver was in for Brett Larson. Talked about the Princeton series and the upcoming road series in the UP (Marquette) against Northern Michigan.
Zach Okabe and Nolan Walker were the player guests.
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 11 Nov 2019, 21:55

Brett Larson talked about the Northern Michigan series and the upcoming CC series.
Player guests were Chase Brand and Jack Poehling.
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 12 Nov 2019, 17:38

hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Return to Men's Hockey