2019 West Regional - 29-30Mar19 - Scheels Arena, Fargo, ND

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 30 Mar 2019, 06:43

SCSU Men's Hockey
‏@SCSUHUSKIES_MH
8h8 hours ago
More
Post-game comments from @SCSUHUSKIES_MH coach Brett Larson and Jack Ahcan.
youtube SCSU1869
Huskies NCAA West Regional Press Conference 3-29-19

SCSU Men's Hockey
‏@SCSUHUSKIES_MH
8h8 hours ago
More
Read more on @SCSUHUSKIES_MH game vs. AIC at NCAA West Regional.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IopHqA0pX7Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

SCSU Men's hockey
#1 Huskies lose 2-1 heartbreaker at NCAA West Regional

Huskies celebrate Easton Brodzinski's third period goal.

AIC Men's hockey
No. 18 ice hockey sinks No. 1 St. Cloud State to advance in NCAA Tournament

collegehockeystats.net
Box

therinklive.com - Mick Hatten
American International upsets No. 1 SCSU in NCAA West Regional semifinals

masslive.com
AIC-NCAA hockey tournament: Yellow Jackets stun No. 1 St. Cloud State, 2-1, move within a win of the Frozen Four

sctimes.com
Upset again! 16th seed American International ousts Huskies in NCAA opener

CHN - Brad Elliott Schlossman
Devastating Deja Vu
St. Cloud's Dominant Season Goes Up In Flames, Just Like Last Year

Happy, Not Satisfied, To Be There
AIC Stuns St. Cloud, One Game From Frozen Four

uscho.com
Photo gallery: Denver, American International win West Regional semifinals

American International becomes third No. 16 overall seed to win NCAA tournament opener with West Regional victory over St. Cloud State

SBN College Hockey
American International Tops St. Cloud State 2-1

ncaa.com
AIC men's hockey stuns No. 1 St. Cloud State in NCAA tournament debut
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 30 Mar 2019, 08:21

centericeview.wordpress.com
#16 AIC Scripts 2-1 Win Over #1 St. Cloud State

AIC Celebrates their 2-1 Win Over SCSU in the West Regional (Photo Prout)

ESPN3 replay
American International vs. #1 St. Cloud State (West Regional Semifinal #2) (NCAA Men's Hockey Championship)
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 30 Mar 2019, 10:12

AIC did a great job clogging up zone entry, neutralizing pressure and cashing in on their opportunities. Sounds like their coach had a very good plan and they executed it (broke it down into 5 min intervals and the TV timeouts).
SCSU played into it with one player trying too hard getting ahead of the play (and into the trap) and then the others not quite in on puck support.
AIC also did a great job with sticks and tight gaps even on players without the puck. A lot of stick lifts and cross checks after whistles.

A couple thoughts...
They need to move the regionals back to home sites and get the NCAA out of it for the incentive of the top seeds performing all season. Watching ND fans root for AIC was vomit inducing.
Watching the crap ice and the ND logos was also vomit inducing. Just seeing ND snot green...
Also wondering why there was nothing scheduled between periods.

Pretty appropriate...
The name "Sioux" was adopted in English by the 1760s from French. ... The name is sometimes said to be derived from an Ojibwe exonym for the Sioux meaning "little snakes"

They also need to change the flipping the puck out of the d zone into the stands into a delay of game penalty just like the NHL. AIC had the rafter flip down pat. I think their goalie flipped it into the stands a few times.
I've wasted NC$$ money on regional tickets two years in a row. Weather and car issues(throttle body recall - ensured it would be done in plenty of time and then wasn't) last year and no one willing to go to Fargo on Friday. Basically making regional college hockey a joke. ESPN3 made it worse since it took till 7 minutes left in the first to find the game. I was looking on my computer/ESPN website, my daughter finally found it on the ESPN app. The early game Denver vs Ohio State was on ESPN news and then switched to ESPNU in the middle and then the late game is only Notre Dame / Clarkson... so frustrating. ESPN should be fired for incompetence, announcing etc.. Clay Matvick bringing up our NCAA "track record" and Air Force so many times during the broadcast should automatically disqualify him from ever broadcasting another SCSU game.
I guess since I lived in Denver for a year and Cole Guttman was a SCSU recruit I am leaning on Denver to get one more championship than ND. Kind of divided since I liked Papa so much. Either way it should be decent hockey unless AIC gets ahead again and goes into the garbage rafter flip or icing again. AIC played good hockey and took it to us in the first, they should have been up 3-0(once I had a chance to see the part I missed).
Going to make the trek to Fargo tonight if I can convince anyone to go with, no sense wasting the tickets.

Forgot to add... GO HUSKIES!!! Good luck next year, should be another very good team.
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 30 Mar 2019, 12:14

Some pretty good hockey Minnesota State vs Providence. Decent ice. Better Play by Play- she keeps confusing #11 Providence Printz with #11 Mankato Spooner. Hawkeye -Providence goalie denies Printz twice...
Minn State up 1-0 goal by Charlie Gerard. 2-0 Jake Jaremko- from Nowthen just east of Elk River. Assisted by Reggie Lutz from Elk River. 3-0 goal by Nick Rivera
3-1 Providence PP goal by Josh Wilkins. End of 1st...
https://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-men ... st-mankato" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HuskyFan64
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 31 Mar 2019, 18:11

Even though the ending was heart-breaking, it was still a fantastic season and I'm proud of the team and even more so of the Seniors for all they accomplished in their time here; 2 Penrose Cups, 1 Frozen Faceoff Title, 3 NCAA berths, 2 #1 overall seeds, and an unbeaten Home season :)
Conference Regular Season Titles: 1987 (NCHA), 2013 (WCHA), 2014, 2018, 2019
Conference Playoff Titles: 2001 (WCHA), 2016
Frozen Four: 1987 (DII), 2013, 2021
Hobey Baker: 2013 Drew LeBlanc!