Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

2018 Offseason Thread

2018 Offseason Thread

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Re: 2018 Offseason Thread

Unread postby hockeypuck » 18 May 2018, 06:32

CenterIceView
‏@CenterIceClub
21h21 hours ago
More
For those wondering...yes, newly installed SCSU President Robbyn Wacker is well aware of the impact of Division One college hockey being a native of Colorado Springs, CO.

CenterIceView
‏@CenterIceClub
19h19 hours ago
More
I'll be compiling my 2018-19 "Road Trip Ranking" piece in the near future. With the outstanding 2018-19 @SCSUHUSKIES_MH schedule it looks like Duluth will be knocked off it's #1 perch this season.
2018-19 St. Cloud State University Men’s Hockey Schedule

Mick Hatten
‏@MickHatten
19h19 hours ago
More
Northern Colorado administrator is the new president of @stcloudstate https://www.sctimes.com/story/news/loca ... 615051002/
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby HuskyFan64 » 18 May 2018, 18:38

From what I've read in the SC Times plus the CIC tweet, I'm excited for what President Wacker brings to our university :)
Conference Regular Season Titles: 1987 (NCHA), 2013 (WCHA), 2014, 2018
Conference Playoff Titles: 2001 (WCHA), 2016
Frozen Four: 1987 (DII), 2013
Hobey Baker: 2013 Drew LeBlanc!
HuskyFan64
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 21 May 2018, 09:53

I have high expectations for this coming season. I'm less optimistic after that.

I know everybody wants to believe that Larson has the ability to lead SCSU to future greatness, but as of right now I just see a coach who failed to bring any of his recruits over from UMD, lost three to UMN, and whose first two recruits came courtesy of Gibbons. He comes off as genuine but low energy. If the Huskies have success this season, I'll give as much credit to Gibbons and Oliver as I give to Larson. Hell, Schuldt should probably get most of the credit.

In short, I'm pissed. You can say that makes me a bad fan, and that's your prerogative, but you can't say I'm not a passionate fan. It's the only reason I'm so worked up about all this.

Meanwhile, though I have no idea how far the discussions went, my preferred head coaching candidate just won gold at the World Championship.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 21 May 2018, 10:40

I'm not pissed. Just anxious. The recruit news just gets me wondering about various scenarios which is just a waste of energy and time. Probably why most don't want to know until it's confirmed, just easier to deal with.
I'll give the new guy a couple years before I make any hasty judgement. I at least have to meet him first, hopefully next Wed eve.
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 21 May 2018, 12:47

Dave Starman
‏Verified account
@DStarmanHockey
May 19
More
Blake Lizotte of @SCSUHUSKIES_MH reminds me of an NCAA version of Tyler Johnson.
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 21 May 2018, 15:41

You're pissed Larson hasn't poached guys he recruited? Really?

Last edited by Rabid_Husky on 21 May 2018, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mikecgrimes » 21 May 2018, 16:19

So far we've lost a high school sophomore and junior. I'm sure there are guys in those classes that would love to come here that you could sell to fans as decent replacments but we have a long time before we actually need to replace them. If we come up a little short in the replacements it's no disaster. If we didn't have Ryan poeling and had to replace him his final year of high school we would still be a nchc contender.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread postby hockeypuck » 22 May 2018, 05:51

College Hockey Inc. Monday, May 21, 2018
Commits Claim Junior Titles
Champions crowned in USHL, NAHL and RBC Cup.

Star Tribune
Bob Motzko driving hard (and long) nearly two months into Gophers hockey job
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 22 May 2018, 11:20

Brett Larson
‏@BrettLarson18
May 20
More
Great to get together with an old friend and SCSU Hockey Alum Sandy Gasseau(91-95) #GoHuskies
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 23 May 2018, 05:05

SCSU Men's Hockey
‏@SCSUHUSKIES_MH
15h15 hours ago
More
Did you know? A total of 5 former @SCSUHUSKIES_MH participated in the 2018 @IIHF World Championships including @usahockey Charlie Lindgren & Nick Jensen, Denmark's Patrick Russell and Oliver Lauridsen and Sweden's Coach Rikard Gronborg. Impressive! #unleashSCSU
SCSU Men's Hockey
‏@SCSUHUSKIES_MH
15h15 hours ago
More
SCSU Stick tap goes out to former @SCSUHUSKIES_MH Rikard Gronborg on leading Team Sweden to the 2018 @IIHFHockey World Championship title as head coach. Gronborg played at SCSU from 1989-92.
https://www.new-iihf.com/en/events/2018 ... we-sui-gmg
#unleashSCSU @TheNCHC #CollegeHockey #NCAAHockey

The NCHC
‏Verified account
@TheNCHC
May 21
More The NCHC Retweeted Damian Lillard
The newest #NCHCHockey & @collegehockey fan... @Dame_Lillard?
Damian Lillard
‏Verified account
@Dame_Lillard
Follow Follow @Dame_Lillard
More Damian Lillard Retweeted Husky Productions
Husky Productions
‏@hphky
Follow Follow @hphky
More
WATCH: @RobbyJackson23 score the first goal for the Huskies!
https://twitter.com/hphky/status/967573587522670592
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 23 May 2018, 05:23

CenterIceView
‏@CenterIceClub
17h17 hours ago
More CenterIceView Retweeted Dawnie Gronborg
LOL how great is this....
Dawnie Gronborg
‏@dawnie_gronborg
Follow Follow @dawnie_gronborg
More
There are different ways of celebrating the gold medal.... this is what my husband does. #vmguld #swehockey #trekronor #wehaveawesomeneighbors

CenterIceView Retweeted
Mike Gibbons
‏@gibhockey
15h15 hours ago
More
Buffalo Sabres singee, and Captain of the St. Cloud State Huskies, Judd Peterson, to coach at St Cloud State's Small Games Camp July 23rd-26th at the Herb. Link: http://hockey.scsuhuskiessportcamps.com/index.cfm

College Hockey News
‏@chnews
13h13 hours ago
More
You want to see a list of your team's alumni in the NHL, and their stats? Go to any team's history page, and click through to see. ... Also, the entire list is here: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/alman ... alumni.php

Eliteprospects
‏Verified account
@eliteprospects
4h4 hours ago
More
EP Premum Preview - One of many new features released next month is the option to specify "Favourite Teams", which will generate quick-access links in the top left menu. #eliteprospects
Eliteprospects
‏Verified account
@eliteprospects
May 22
More
EP Premium - Feature Preview: My Line-Up allows you to create a custom team and set line-combinations that you can share online #eliteprospects
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 23 May 2018, 06:54

Coming some time in June...
Rob Carmel
‏@robcarmel
May 3
How much are we talking about for premium?

Eliteprospects
‏Replying to @robcarmel
$9/month. Includes 10-12 new features (no ads, agency information for players, bookmarking players, transfer notifications via text or email, saving/sharing custom rosters/line-ups, generating hockey cards of a profile, custom transfers on start page, custom left menu etc)
... It’s responsive, faster, more secure, has an improved advanced search, more filters and sorting options.
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mikecgrimes » 25 May 2018, 06:11

I don't want to rip fans as I totally understand it, but I don't think the constant shots at coach Motzko are good for the Husky program. He was going to bring some recruits with him we all knew that all along. He was probably going to take the higher paying job if offered we all knew that all along. I get that the shouting match with Jim Montgomery in hindsight is a bad look, and little things like either doing the coaches show or being honest about why he didn't would have helped. Maybe bob is doing things on purpose to recreate the rivalry that many of us agreed is pretty non existent prior to Bob taking that job. I was hopeful that after some time Husky fans would move on to some extent but I don't know if Husky fans will be able to not emberass themselves even if the Motzko return doesn't happen until season 3. I hope future recruits don't see these things. Bob Motzko was a great coach here and deserves more respect then he's getting #InBbItrust
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread postby hockeypuck » 25 May 2018, 20:04

hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 25 May 2018, 22:03

SCSU Men's Hockey
‏@SCSUHUSKIES_MH
1h1 hour ago
More
Our very own @KatieEmmer from @hphky has been named the 2018 Jim Nantz Award winner, which recognizes the nation's top collegiate radio and television sports broadcaster. Congrats Katie! #unleashSCSU @TheNCHC #StCloudState @collegehockey @NCAAIceHockey
https://staatalent.com/all-america-program/

nchchockey.com
DENVER DUBS DAVID CARLE HEAD COACH
CARLE, A FIVE-YEAR ASSISTANT AT DU, BECOMES YOUNGEST ACTIVE HEAD COACH IN DIVISION I MEN'S HOCKEY

omavs.com
OMAHA HOCKEY HIRES NHL ASSISTANT JERRARD
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hockey