Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

2018 Offseason Thread

2018 Offseason Thread

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

2018 Offseason Thread

Unread postby hockeypuck » 30 Mar 2018, 05:43

College Hockey News
Motzko: 'Time to Get to Work Here'
St. Cloud Coach Returns to Twin Cities For Minnesota Job

SC Times
Motzko formally introduced as Gophers head men's hockey coach

Star Tribune
Bob Motzko 'can't wait' to take over Gophers hockey
New coach promises Gophers will be up-tempo and gritty.

gophersports.com Press Conference video
HEAR FROM GOPHERS HEAD COACH BOB MOTZKO
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Re: 2018 Offseason Thread

Unread postby mikecgrimes » 31 Mar 2018, 06:10

No news is good news on Jimmy Schuldt although as a free agent his process would be expected to take longer. I'd still guess he's moving on and his decision will not be based on the coaching search much if at all.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread postby mdneilson » 31 Mar 2018, 11:51

From the grapevine, he has interest in Montreal and Los Angeles. They're both interested, but LA signed a good D from Mankato, so they've cooled off. Montreal is finished for the season on the 7th, so a bit after that is a likely time. Or after we finally hire a new HC.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Husky1 » 31 Mar 2018, 14:45

mdneilson wrote:From the grapevine, he has interest in Montreal and Los Angeles. They're both interested, but LA signed a good D from Mankato, so they've cooled off. Montreal is finished for the season on the 7th, so a bit after that is a likely time. Or after we finally hire a new HC.

Makes sense and I'd be shocked if he comes back, as much as I pray that he does.Question is does he convince Robby Jackson to follow? I'm not convinced he is really trying to keep the band together, but I'm 900 miles away from campus with no connections so who knows.
Husky1
1st Line

Unread postby Boomer » 31 Mar 2018, 15:36

I think Robby Jackson is sincere to keep the "band" together. He seems to really enjoy college life, he is preparing for a good gig in the media/entertainment business, and with a good senior year, will be worth more to the pros. Schuldt, IMO, is a pretty sure bet to sign a contract--but there isn't a great rush, evidently. He is a smart young man and will make a good decision.

Lets hope Bob Motzko quickly chooses assistants--that might be crucial of who the Huskies have to pick for a head coach.
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mikecgrimes » 31 Mar 2018, 16:18

I assume the situation with Gibbons and Raboin is the delay in Motzko naming assistants. If he had his way I'm guessing he would bring both with. I get the feeling from Bob Motzko's interview this morning on KFAN that the Huskies have pretty much decided on the new head coach and it's either Gibbons or Raboin.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread postby Boomer » 31 Mar 2018, 17:03

mikecgrimes wrote:I assume the situation with Gibbons and Raboin is the delay in Motzko naming assistants. If he had his way I'm guessing he would bring both with. I get the feeling from Bob Motzko's interview this morning on KFAN that the Huskies have pretty much decided on the new head coach and it's either Gibbons or Raboin.

I agree. Just hope he doesn't gut the entire SCSU coaching staff. . .

Missed the interview--what did he say to make you think it is either Raboin or Gibbons?
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mikecgrimes » 31 Mar 2018, 20:15

Pat Micheletti indicated he knew something about Motzko's potential assistant coaches but said he'd let them ask Motzko. I didn't think of it when I first heard but they asked him what happens to the Husky recruits he said something along the lines of the Huskies coaches are probably in communication with them. I'd have to listen again, and for all we know it's a future Gopher coach or two who's talking to our recruits. I might be overly confident in my prediction of Raboin at this point and hear things that way.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread postby SlapShot » 04 Apr 2018, 15:18

I just read this, so sorry if it was already mentioned, but if there was any doubt on Ryan Poehling coming back next year:

https://awinninghabit.com/2018/03/31/mo ... xt-season/

I’m still very young at 19. Next year, I’ll be the youngest player in the Huskies for a third year in a row! I will also have the pleasure of playing another season with my twin brothers, Nick and Jack.

I can not predict if the next season will be my last at St. Cloud, but that might be the case. I will make the jump to the pros when I feel physically and mentally ready. In the short term, I have a dream and it is to win the national championship with St. Cloud. We had a chance to do it this year. We will still have a very good team next season. The Huskies have never won the national championship. I would like to live this conquest. I have a great attachment to my university.
SlapShot
3rd Line

Unread postby hockeypuck » 05 Apr 2018, 12:34

Let's Play Hockey
18h
Join us Friday night at @TomReidsPub with ESPN's @Buccigross and Barry Melrose as we present the 2018 Mike Richter Award for college hockey's most outstanding goaltender. #FrozenFour #CawlidgeHawkey
1500 ESPN
Apr 3
It’s #FrozenFour week, and you can meet ESPN’s @Buccigross and Barry Melrose this Friday at Tom Reid’s in St. Paul! The event is open to the public and starts at 7:15pm. Mike Richter will also be in attendance!
Let's Play Hockey
20h
The 2018 NCAA Men's Frozen Four has descended on the State of Hockey. A look at the field, its Minnesota connections and much more:
(link: http://bit.ly/2uIPHJg) bit.ly/2uIPHJg

The 2018 @HobeyBakerAward will be presented this Friday in St. Paul! A free autograph session will be held at 3 pm. (link: http://ow.ly/kuJf30j63Ot) ow.ly/kuJf30j63Ot
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby HuskyFan64 » 05 Apr 2018, 14:07

1390 Granite City Sports
Opinion: Motzko Exit Handled Poorly

Awesome article by Dave Overlund that covers the reasons we all feel so angry about the Bob situation

Huskies Hockey Podcast
The End of an Era

The final ( :( ) edition of the HHP, covering the past season, the Bob situation, and the future of the program
Conference Regular Season Titles: 1987 (NCHA), 2013 (WCHA), 2014, 2018
Conference Playoff Titles: 2001 (WCHA), 2016
Frozen Four: 1987 (DII), 2013
Hobey Baker: 2013 Drew LeBlanc!
HuskyFan64
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 05 Apr 2018, 20:34

hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby HuskyFan64 » 06 Apr 2018, 19:34

WAY TO GO JUDD!!! :D :D :D

SCSU Men's Hockey
SCSU's Jimmy Schuldt earns AHCA/CCM All-America First Team honors

WAY TO GO JIMMY!!! :D :D :D
Conference Regular Season Titles: 1987 (NCHA), 2013 (WCHA), 2014, 2018
Conference Playoff Titles: 2001 (WCHA), 2016
Frozen Four: 1987 (DII), 2013
Hobey Baker: 2013 Drew LeBlanc!
HuskyFan64
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby SlapShot » 09 Apr 2018, 08:38

I received notice to renew my season tickets for next year, and the price is substantially lower than last year. For the Saturday half season package, last year it was $232.50 per seat (which did not include the Mankato game for hockey day), this year it is $186 per seat. Do we have that many fewer home games this year, or did the prices change?

Has anyone tried to figure out the non-conf schedule for next year? I assumed we would play two at BC, but I was reading on USCHO that it most likely will be one at BC and one at Northeastern. Northern Michigan appears to be coming to us for two. UMN home and home still going? Anyone have other info?
SlapShot
3rd Line

Unread postby FalcoBro8 » 09 Apr 2018, 17:02

SlapShot wrote:I received notice to renew my season tickets for next year, and the price is substantially lower than last year. For the Saturday half season package, last year it was $232.50 per seat (which did not include the Mankato game for hockey day), this year it is $186 per seat. Do we have that many fewer home games this year, or did the prices change?

Has anyone tried to figure out the non-conf schedule for next year? I assumed we would play two at BC, but I was reading on USCHO that it most likely will be one at BC and one at Northeastern. Northern Michigan appears to be coming to us for two. UMN home and home still going? Anyone have other info?

I got an email from them today, waiting to get the stuff in the mail if they're doing that again this year.
FalcoBro8
1st Line

Next

Return to Men's Hockey