Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Head Coach Search

Head Coach Search

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Who do You Want as the Next Head Coach?

Rikard Grönborg
27%
Eric Rud
3%
Mark Parrish
6%
Garrett Raboin
12%
Mike Hastings
18%
Scott Owens
3%
Mike Guentzel
3%
Tom Serratore
6%
Steve Johnson
3%
Mike Gibbons
18%

Total votes : 33

Re: Head Coach Search

Unread postby mdneilson » 14 Apr 2018, 10:49

HuskyFan64 wrote:Full disclosure: I took a shot in the dark based solely on the profile pic :lol:

Lol. His pic is the logo for this site that TEO worked up. I've been wanting to implement a redesign for a long time that uses the logo, but I've been too busy/lazy to work out all the kinks. I was planning on shutting down the site for a long time this summer, as traffic is very low typically. But this drama has likely ruined that idea.

mikecgrimes wrote:You would think if he was gonna go he'd already be gone. There's no way this hire is gonna change his thinking in a negative way, and of course Gibbons being back is a key factor.

Schuldt was waiting to see who the new HC would be before making his choice. We may have been very fortunate by happenstance this year. The teams with mutual interest were/are Montreal and Los Angeles. LA didn't want to wait and signed a very good free agent D from Kato, sorry I forget his name. And Montreal has 4th odds in the upcoming draft lottery. This year's draft is loaded with very good Dmen, so they're likely to take one of them, especially Dahlin if they get lucky and first pick overall. If they pick a high draft on the back end, they're unlikely to bring in another prospect right away. The upcoming expansion draft for Seattle will make sure any team staggers top prospect contracts.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 14 Apr 2018, 12:58

Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Boomer » 14 Apr 2018, 13:12

Brett Larson sounds like a good, solid choice. And great to hear that Mike Gibbons will stay with the Huskies. I believe it is very important--mostly to the players and recruits--that one of the coaches stays at SCSU.

Glad to hear that Raboin has re-applied for the assistant coaching position. Wonder if he has been offered the assistant position at the school in Minneapolis? He and Motzko have a great relationship, and Raboin would probably make more money in Mpls. Hope he stays, or gets offered a good deal as head coach with a USHL (or other coaching offer).

About the only negative thing about Larson is his previous school's colors! I am working through that . . .

Also see that we don't have the Mpls. school on our schedule this coming season. Good.
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby HuskyFan64 » 14 Apr 2018, 14:09

Where was the non-con schedule posted?

Not that I don't believe you, but it seems odd that SCSU would drop THE biggest money making Series; doubly so when UND isn't coming here this year, TRIPLY when Bob is now behind the bench down there giving us blazing heat with them
Conference Regular Season Titles: 1987 (NCHA), 2013 (WCHA), 2014, 2018
Conference Playoff Titles: 2001 (WCHA), 2016
Frozen Four: 1987 (DII), 2013
Hobey Baker: 2013 Drew LeBlanc!
HuskyFan64
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 14 Apr 2018, 14:55

iheart.com
Beyond The Pond April 14, 2018-93 min
New St. Cloud Coach Brett Larson and Micheal Russo join.
Brett Larson starting around 44:25 of the audio.
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 14 Apr 2018, 16:12

HuskyFan64 wrote:Where was the non-con schedule posted?

Not that I don't believe you, but it seems odd that SCSU would drop THE biggest money making Series; doubly so when UND isn't coming here this year, TRIPLY when Bob is now behind the bench down there giving us blazing heat with them

Doesn't have to be us that dropped it. MN has other series it wants to play for now.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby HuskyFan64 » 14 Apr 2018, 16:14

Fair enough lol

I can honestly say I'm fine with this, SO ready to have a year where we don't have to use a non-con Series on the goofs
Conference Regular Season Titles: 1987 (NCHA), 2013 (WCHA), 2014, 2018
Conference Playoff Titles: 2001 (WCHA), 2016
Frozen Four: 1987 (DII), 2013
Hobey Baker: 2013 Drew LeBlanc!
HuskyFan64
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 15 Apr 2018, 09:08

Rabid_Husky wrote:Doesn't have to be us that dropped it. MN has other series it wants to play for now.

Considering their lack of success against in-state teams, it may have been a strategic decision. ;)
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Sid » 15 Apr 2018, 14:27

The more this sinks in the happier I am with it. I see a seamless transition with a fresh new excited young coach who has a history of winning national championships. Plus, it looks like we will keep both assistant coaches. We will see what happens on the ice but this shake-up may turn out to be really good thing.
Sid
Redshirt

Unread postby Sid » 15 Apr 2018, 14:28

Where are you guys seeing our 2018-19 non-conference schedule?
Sid
Redshirt

Unread postby hockeypuck » 15 Apr 2018, 16:40

Sid wrote:Where are you guys seeing our 2018-19 non-conference schedule?

It hasn't been released yet but there are threads tracking the teams that have already released theirs or released that they are playing SCSU like N Mich, BC and Northeastern if you check the spreadsheet.
Scroll to the right in the "Schedules" tab or column "AX"
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=2

uscho Fan Forum
The 2018-19 Schedules Thread
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Sid » 15 Apr 2018, 17:16

Looking at the spreadsheet it looks like neither the UM nor SCSU’s nonconfrence schedules have been entered, it looks like someone deducted that UMD and UND will play the UM next year and entered those teams on the spreadsheet, but it looks incomplete (the U will certainly play more non-conference games than just those 3). Am I missing something?
Sid
Redshirt

Unread postby Boomer » 15 Apr 2018, 18:03

I heard from someone that was at the news conference announcing Larson's hire that the program had SCSU schedule on the back. And U of M was not on it. It may be that the dates were not solidified, or that we are not playing them this year. Doesn't matter much to me.
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 15 Apr 2018, 19:42

Sid wrote:Looking at the spreadsheet it looks like neither the UM nor SCSU’s nonconfrence schedules have been entered, it looks like someone deducted that UMD and UND will play the UM next year and entered those teams on the spreadsheet, but it looks incomplete (the U will certainly play more non-conference games than just those 3). Am I missing something?

The NC schedule has not been released yet. The dates above are known (usually tournaments etc. ... Gophers in Las Vegas) and the dates below are unknown at this time based on information that has been released.
You aren't missing anything unless you have some inside information. This is tracking what is known at this time.
If you have more information enter it into the spreadsheet.
GopherPuckLive has this for the Gophers so far...

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/vie ... =3&t=13177

Basically they haven't figured out the Mariucci Classic yet. 2x or 2 games.
Vegas against North Dakota 10/27 and the series against UMD (Home and Home 10/6 and 10/7) are the only ones where they also know the dates.
http://www.gopherpucklive.com/future-schedules/
There's also rumors the Clarkson/LSU has been dropped.

According to the spreadsheet the SCSU Huskies have 6 NC games that no one has any info about yet.
We know they have 2 games with N Mich and 1 each with BC and Northeastern but no dates confirmed yet.
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Previous

Return to Men's Hockey