Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 29 Mar 2018, 15:53

Husky1 wrote:Schuldt to follow eventually I'm sure. Robby J also a flight risk and I'm guessing coin flip.

Rumor is Jackson is leading the campaign to keep the band together. I'm not worried about him. Schuldt can get the same deal now as he could in the summer. I think he'll wait to see who they hire as coach.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
User avatar
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 4330
Joined: 20 Jan 2003, 22:21

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby Husky1 » 29 Mar 2018, 15:55

The_Exiled_One wrote:
Husky1 wrote:Schuldt to follow eventually I'm sure. Robby J also a flight risk and I'm guessing coin flip.

Rumor is Jackson is leading the campaign to keep the band together. I'm not worried about him. Schuldt can get the same deal now as he could in the summer. I think he'll wait to see who they hire as coach.


What band at this point?
User avatar
Husky1
1st Line
 
Posts: 757
Joined: 21 Jan 2003, 06:35

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 29 Mar 2018, 16:11

Husky1 wrote:What band at this point?

Even with the departures of Eyssimont and Borgen, the Huskies are poised to return 106 goals and 299 points... potentially tops in the nation for both. The next HC is taking over the reigning NCHC championship team with a lot of firepower and a high likelihood to make the NCAA tourney. The boys that return have a lot to prove to themselves and the world. The right coach could potentially be an upgrade from Motzko.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
User avatar
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 4330
Joined: 20 Jan 2003, 22:21

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 29 Mar 2018, 17:23

The_Exiled_One wrote:
Rabid_Husky wrote:Mikey gone.

To nobody's surprise. I had him better than 50/50 to leave, and that was before Motzko's betrayal.

Leaving for the AHL to me is never smart but that's me. Walker should be able to step in fine.
If Schuldt stays we will still have damn good depth on D as i would assume Bushy and Perbix come in.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
User avatar
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 7050
Joined: 30 Jan 2003, 11:01

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby HuskyFan64 » 29 Mar 2018, 17:40

Sucks to lose Mikey, but like TEO said he was totally a 50/50 chance to leave

I have a feeling that if Bob stayed Mikey would've been much more likely to stay, but such is life

Now the spotlight is 100% on Schuldt, but I get the feeling he's gonna test the waters a bit and see who we bring in to be the coach before he decides

We're bringing back so much, the next coach would have to TRY to not contend; we have a pair of legitimate Starters in goal, a deep D-Core that got plenty of experience this season, and the only major loss up front is Mikey when it comes to production.
Conference Regular Season Titles: 1987 (NCHA), 2013 (WCHA), 2014, 2018
Conference Playoff Titles: 2001 (WCHA), 2016
Frozen Four: 1987 (DII), 2013
Hobey Baker: 2013 Drew LeBlanc!
User avatar
HuskyFan64
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: 03 Nov 2012, 09:00
Location: St. Cloud, MN

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 29 Mar 2018, 17:57

Rabid_Husky wrote:
The_Exiled_One wrote:To nobody's surprise. I had him better than 50/50 to leave, and that was before Motzko's betrayal.

Leaving for the AHL to me is never smart but that's me. Walker should be able to step in fine.
If Schuldt stays we will still have damn good depth on D as i would assume Bushy and Perbix come in.

Spencer Meier too.

Walker will be good. Miller will be good too, he just doesn’t look as good on paper. Hentges is legit but his injury probably pushes him back a year. It probably also keeps him from getting poached.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
User avatar
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 4330
Joined: 20 Jan 2003, 22:21

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 29 Mar 2018, 19:07

Would Meier come in if Schuldt stays? That'd be a crowded blue line.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
User avatar
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 7050
Joined: 30 Jan 2003, 11:01

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 29 Mar 2018, 19:28

Rabid_Husky wrote:Would Meier come in if Schuldt stays? That'd be a crowded blue line.

If they don’t bring him in they lose him, and he’s too good to lose. They’ll make room if they need to.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
User avatar
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 4330
Joined: 20 Jan 2003, 22:21

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 29 Mar 2018, 19:57

The_Exiled_One wrote:
Rabid_Husky wrote:Would Meier come in if Schuldt stays? That'd be a crowded blue line.

If they don’t bring him in they lose him, and he’s too good to lose. They’ll make room if they need to.


They don't automatically lose him if he gets deferred another year...especially when it was just his 1st junior year. 9 defensemen is too many to have.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
User avatar
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 7050
Joined: 30 Jan 2003, 11:01

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 29 Mar 2018, 20:03

Rabid_Husky wrote:They don't automatically lose him if he gets deferred another year...especially when it was just his 1st junior year. 9 defensemen is too many to have.

It’s not automatic, it’s logic. LOI’s are only good for the following year. If he’s deferred, Bob will bring him in for the goofers.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
User avatar
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 4330
Joined: 20 Jan 2003, 22:21

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 29 Mar 2018, 20:09

The_Exiled_One wrote:
Rabid_Husky wrote:They don't automatically lose him if he gets deferred another year...especially when it was just his 1st junior year. 9 defensemen is too many to have.

It’s not automatic, it’s logic. LOI’s are only good for the following year. If he’s deferred, Bob will bring him in for the goofers.


Maybe he does. I'm of the mind that having 9 defensemen...we lose one as well to transfer.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
User avatar
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 7050
Joined: 30 Jan 2003, 11:01

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby mikecgrimes » 29 Mar 2018, 20:56

The_Exiled_One wrote:
Rabid_Husky wrote:They don't automatically lose him if he gets deferred another year...especially when it was just his 1st junior year. 9 defensemen is too many to have.

It’s not automatic, it’s logic. LOI’s are only good for the following year. If he’s deferred, Bob will bring him in for the goofers.


If that's how Bob gets one of our/his recruits I think I can live with that. If Jimmy comes back and we have to much depth we don't need the extra recruits and can start to work on future recruiting classes.
User avatar
mikecgrimes
1st Line
 
Posts: 847
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 08:15
Location: Anoka

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby hockeypuck » 29 Mar 2018, 21:44

User avatar
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 5051
Joined: 04 Apr 2011, 21:45

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby mdneilson » 29 Mar 2018, 22:52

Plot twist: Bob took the UMTC job, because Mack wanted to come here, but Bob didn't like the idea of trying to coach his own son in college.
User avatar
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 2466
Joined: 03 Apr 2010, 00:15

Re: 2017-18 SCSU Men's Hockey Season

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 29 Mar 2018, 23:12

mdneilson wrote:Plot twist: Bob took the UMTC job, because Mack wanted to come here, but Bob didn't like the idea of trying to coach his own son in college.

Mack has better break every record we have then. :D
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
User avatar
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 7050
Joined: 30 Jan 2003, 11:01

Previous

Return to Men's Hockey

Who is online

  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 546 on 06 Jun 2012, 11:08
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests