MOTZKO SHOW 2016-17

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 16 Feb 2017, 17:35

hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 21 Feb 2017, 16:56

hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 08 Mar 2017, 17:52

rev967.com
Bob Motzko Show – Monday, March 6th

They didn't post last weeks till last Thursday am so I missed it.
Bob Motzko Show Podcast- February 27th
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 13 Mar 2017, 15:57

SCSU Men's hockey
There will be no Bob Motzko Show at Green Mill on Mar. 13
The final show of the season is scheduled for Monday, March 20 at 6 p.m. at the Green Mill.
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 13 Mar 2017, 21:41

hockeypuck wrote:SCSU Men's hockey
There will be no Bob Motzko Show at Green Mill on Mar. 13
The final show of the season is scheduled for Monday, March 20 at 6 p.m. at the Green Mill.
OK. Maybe I am not the most technical guy in the world, so never got the word that the show was cancelled for this evening. Drove from Becker to the Green Mill only to find one other Husky fan--Kolorful Ken--who had just heard that the show was "off" this evening. Before I have any facts, I will just put the blame on the media giant wannabe Learfield. Thought that they were smarmy and suspect from the start. And I hope that it wasn't cancelled because we got beat in the last two games, or that Jim Erickson was just plain exhausted from the very busy state tournament that he had called. That, IMO, would be the ONLY reason to cancel the show. Erickson, again IMO, was the only smart thing Learfield had done this season. And NOT from the start. I was a little pissy that Learfield did not retain Dan Terhaar. He was great on the play by play and did a great job hosting the Motzko Show each week.

When we first met Jim Erickson, he was an easy guy to like. A professional broadcast guy, a guy that has become known as the Voice of the Minnesota State Tournament, and an excellent host to the often disjointed radio show on Monday nights at the Green Mill. And he is a genuine, nice man.

The guy at the Green Mill told us that in the email sent to him regarding the cancellation, no reason was given. The email went on to say that next Monday, Mar. 20, was a "tentative" date for the wrap up show of the season. Now I am pissy again because myself and Ms. Boomer will be flying to the fine Caribbean island of St. Croix. (I think I may have relatives there, but then again I think I may be related to the Grand Rapids Superstar and spiritual leader of the State Champion Thunderhawks Micah Miller. AND he is a St. Cloud Husky recruit! I think he may be a relative because I am related to many of the Miller family from Grand Rapids.)

Don't get me wrong--we are really excited to visit St. Croix. High of 83 degrees, low of 75 degrees, and our little hotel is on a very small island about 300 yards from the largest city, Christianstad. But we will miss the "wrap up" show. Not sure how that will work--the team wrapped it up with must-need wins in the last two weekends, and didn't get it done. Not to mention some of the worst, mysterious and wacky officiating any good hockey fan could ask for. I also understand that this was a very young team with lots of Freshmen and Sophomores in the lineup. I understand there is some concern regarding goaltending. That maybe a drafted player may turn pro, and that the season--while entertaining--had more disappointments and low spots than highlights. I know,too, that the Huskies future looks very bright, that our coach Bob Motzko is one of the very top coaches in the country, and we still play in the best D-I collegiate league in the nation.

So I will miss Motzko wrinkling up his face when asked about the reffing in North Dakota--metering his words carefully so that the league doesn't take his vacation money. They already have taken all the lunch money. . .We will probably miss a guest appearance from Robby (Action) Jackson. Erickson began calling the show The Robby Jackson Show with an appearance from Bob Motzko because of all the airtime Mr. Jackson accumulated over the past season. And I will miss the opportunity to thank Jim Erickson the the job he has done for Husky Hockey this past season and for a job well done at the state tourney.

Ms. Boomer and self took a leisurely ride back to Becker--maybe the ride in and back was enough excitement for two retired hockey fanatics, both with bad backs.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 13 Mar 2017, 23:30

I think I speak for all of us when I say 'thank you' for your show summaries. Also, we'll need to talk to your parole officer, or whomever it is at the county that is making you miss shows ;). It is a sad week that we don't get one of your editorialized accounts. Enjoy the sun, nurse those backs over the summer, and Mrs. Izzi and I will see you two after several long months - ready for a new season, hopefully.
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Mar 2017, 00:04

Actually, we only missed one show--just didn't have the will to write that much! Thanks for the kind words. And, yes, we will be ready for a new season!! You and Ms. Izzi have a great time trekking around the US of A. See you late summer.