Husky Bracketology 2014: Better Late Than Never

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 16 Mar 2014, 11:41

Skeeterman wrote:Welcome back Red Cloud. I suppose there is a possibility we miss the NCAA tourney.
From what people have told me the Huskies are in the NCAA's. How far they drop I don't know. Seems like a 3 seed most likely. I. That is the case they might end up in St. Paul.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread post 16 Mar 2014, 13:14

Was just trying to figure out how we might miss it and got to the point where Northeastern and New Hampshire both have to win tonight. They play each other. The champion of Hockey East will either be a team currently ahead of us or will knock Providence behind us in the process. If there is a remaining chance of us being knocked out it's so remote I can't come up with it.
Red Cloud
Redshirt

Unread post 16 Mar 2014, 13:21

As best I can tell, SCSU is not going to miss out on the tournament unless we see a whole slew of upset champions, but losing this weekend means they're definitely missing out on a top-end seed, which is disappointing.

My best recommendations are to root for the home teams in Hockey East tonight, and root for Colorado College and Clarkson as well.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 16 Mar 2014, 13:40

I wouldn't cry if UND missed the NCAA's..... If was betting on the game I would UND will win today.
FalcoBro8
1st Line

Unread post 16 Mar 2014, 14:10

scsutommyboy wrote:I wouldn't cry if UND missed the NCAA's..... If was betting on the game I would UND will win today.
Would love to see UND miss the NCAAs, not only do they not win the Penrose but they also miss the big tournament as well, would be icing on the cake. (Next to us winning the national title.)
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread post 16 Mar 2014, 15:10

scsutommyboy wrote:I wouldn't cry if UND missed the NCAA's..... If was betting on the game I would UND will win today.
I'm sure there are plenty of ways for North Dakota to get in going 2-1, but without winning out and at the same time getting the auto bid I don't see it happening, so really Miami is almost in a better position. Either way it's a long shot at this point for the NCHC to get 3 teams.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 17 Mar 2014, 01:55

mikecgrimes wrote:I'm sure there are plenty of ways for North Dakota to get in going 2-1, but without winning out and at the same time getting the auto bid I don't see it happening, so really Miami is almost in a better position. Either way it's a long shot at this point for the NCHC to get 3 teams.
I've been playing with the pairwise predictor. I have been unable to get us off of a 3 seed, as red said, bouncing between 8th and 10th overall. BUT the only way for the Whioux to make it is by winning it all.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread post 17 Mar 2014, 03:16

I know the Hockey East results really hurt North Dakota's 2-1 chances, but I would think if Notre Dame wins hockey east there are still ways.
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread post 17 Mar 2014, 03:24

Just did a quick one, and got North Dakota and Miami in with 2 slots to spare. The keys, Michigan loses to Penn State, Mankato State loses, Ferris State wins WCHA, Notre Dame or probably Providence win Hockey East. Probably still a long shot but some of those results would be no shocks and like I said I had 2 spots to spare.
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 18 Mar 2014, 18:42

Nothing is official unless it comes from Red Cloud.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 18 Mar 2014, 18:53

Skeeterman wrote:Nothing is official unless it comes from Red Cloud.
:lol: Of course not.

Someone made a huge if-then article last year showing exactly the odds and scenarios needed for a team to make what seeds. Does anyone recall where, or has someone seen that this year?
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 19 Mar 2014, 05:07

I posted this in the wrong thread yesterday. But you can predict any outcome.

Even with all the lower seeds upsetting and 6 new titles I couldn't find any scenario that didn't include the Huskies getting in... we are at 9 and 6 new conference titles would be behind us.

North Dakota has to at least win one game this weekend with the prediction's I did to get in to the NCAA tournament and less than 2 (of 6) tournament champion (autobids) upsets - that are not above them already in the pairwise. Click on the link below...it's not that intuitive.

Just press the "update brackets" button each time you predict a winner in the drop down menus.
Then you fill out the entire bracket. When finished press the "show pairwise comparisons" button and it gives you the full breakdown and the autobids are highlighted.
hockeypuck wrote:I'm not sure if this was posted before but something to play around with predicting the games this weekend...

USCHO...
PairWise Predictor 2014
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 19 Mar 2014, 12:57

hockeypuck wrote:I posted this in the wrong thread yesterday. But you can predict any outcome.

Even with all the lower seeds upsetting and 6 new titles I couldn't find any scenario that didn't include the Huskies getting in... we are at 9 and 6 new conference titles would be behind us.

North Dakota has to at least win one game this weekend with the prediction's I did to get in to the NCAA tournament and less than 2 (of 6) tournament champion (autobids) upsets - that are not above them already in the pairwise. Click on the link below...it's not that intuitive.

Just press the "update brackets" button each time you predict a winner in the drop down menus.
Then you fill out the entire bracket. When finished press the "show pairwise comparisons" button and it gives you the full breakdown and the autobids are highlighted.
hockeypuck wrote:I'm not sure if this was posted before but something to play around with predicting the games this weekend...

USCHO...
PairWise Predictor 2014
Someone on USCHO found one crazy scenerio wher ethey didn't make it. They will be in
LadyHusky17
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 19 Mar 2014, 17:42

They're sponsoring a selection show get together for the second year in a row at Brothers once again:
NCAA Selection Show Viewing Party at Brothers on March 23

They say it starts at 10:30am, the actual selection show starts at 11am. It was fun last year. They had some free appetizers (buffet line style) for fans to have too.
Come to SCSU! Get whip-Lasch! -LadyHusky17

Did I mention I'm a bad speller? -LadyHusky17
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread post 20 Mar 2014, 17:48

Michigan out, not the greatest game to watch, but the shots kept piling up even if the good scoring chances didn't.