NCHC Playoffs: Miami @ St. Cloud - 3/14, 3/15, (3/16)

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 10:28

mikecgrimes wrote:I have my tickets but I just noticed on Dish the game will be join in progress at 8:30 according to the guide. Of course with the internet stream thats not as horrible news as it could be, and maybe they join in earlier, but just another reason why not a single person will subscribe to Dish or cable 5 years from now unless they make major changes such as not making me pay a dime to ESPN.
This was announced Wed afternoon...
FSN to broadcast weekend's National Hockey Conference playoff games
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 10:32

My post disappeared- using reply with quote (Mike Grimes quote), but it's on the new post view list but I can't see it, here it is again...
This was announced Wednesday afternoon...
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 12:18

The article on Murray just reinforces that while we have a team of good hockey players, they are even better people.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 12:21

hockeypuck wrote:My post disappeared- using reply with quote (Mike Grimes quote), but it's on the new post view list but I can't see it, here it is again...
This was announced Wednesday afternoon...
Problem is Fox Sports plus is not an actual channel so despite the fact I feel that it's a channel I'm paying for Dish or any other provider can do whatever they want with it. Not really sure why not showing the first period of the game is an option but thats what Dish is doing in this case according to the guide.
HuskyFan64
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 13:31

This weekend will be, bar none, THE hardest Games the Huskies play all Season.

We're facing the team that opened the Season #1 in the COUNTRY and was nigh-unanimously picked to take the Penrose.

Miami is SO much better than their record it's not even funny, AND they'll be playing for their Season.

But, as always Believe in Bob and we WILL win out! :)
Conference Regular Season Titles: 1987 (NCHA), 2013 (WCHA), 2014, 2018, 2019
Conference Playoff Titles: 2001 (WCHA), 2016
Frozen Four: 1987 (DII), 2013
Hobey Baker: 2013 Drew LeBlanc!
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 15:21

You heard it here first. The key for the weekend is winning on Friday, and then winning on Saturday. For the Huskies, of course.

Last week I was picked up and brought in for rhetorical questioning.
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 15:57

hockeypuck wrote:A very good story about Jimmy Murray and 11 year old Patrick McMullen by Mick Hatten, SC Times. I included it here instead of the season thread because at the end he lists probable lines and team stats for this weekend...
Relationship with SCSU hockey team brings inspiration to 11-year-old facing cancer
Terrific article by Mick Hatten, and what a great story on Jimmy Murray and the team.

Mike McMullen, Patrick's dad, played football for SCSU a while back. Great guy and a great family. Murray's right--there are a lot of things more important than a hockey game . . .
SlapShot
3rd Line

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 18:10

Anyone know what to do if my tickets haven't arrived in the mail yet? Can I show my e-mail receipt at the ticket office? I just got home from work and checked the mail, nada. The ticket office phone hours are only until 5pm, Mon-Fri, so that's no help at the moment.

I ordered 4 tickets to the Sat. game, at 8am last friday. I have ordered tickets plenty of times with mail delivery, and they always take 2-3 days to arrive (I live in Maple Grove).

I just assumed they would have been here by Wednesday, but still not here. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and what my options are. I blame the other couple that took so long to decide if they wanted to go with us!

Thanks!
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 22:34

Wow, to lose like that...after tying it like that...hope that isn't totally deflating
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 22:40

Skeeterman wrote:You heard it here first. The key for the weekend is winning on Friday, and then winning on Saturday. For the Huskies, of course.

Last week I was picked up and brought in for rhetorical questioning.
Welp, so much for that. Come out and play 60 minutes like we did in the third, and we'll go to three.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
FalcoBro8
1st Line

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 23:08

we gotta find some sort of consistency on the backend and it starts with goaltending, I still cant figure out how that shorty went in but that's why you put pucks on net.

Losing sucks but the fact that we have more or less locked up our spot in the NCAAs makes it easier to swallow, losing is still losing and this one hurts big time because it more or less means our odds of securing a 1 seed just got that much tougher.

Come back and get them tomorrow and force a game 3!
aries
3rd Line

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 23:34

That was a great hockey game to watch. I've had a chance to settle down but still pretty upset with the way it ended tonight. I hate to be the guy ragging on officials, but Miami was getting away with so much obstruction and holding all game long. They only got called for it a few times, and when they called Dowd on it that was ridiculous.

Did anyone see Blasi jump up and down like they just won the Stanley Cup after the OT goal? Thought it was a little over the top. Act like you've been there before, jeez. :)

Won't linger too much on the goaltending. The 2nd goal was utterly pathetic, but I did think it strange to plunk Lindgren in there late in the third. He played nervous (as expected from a freshman thrust into a playoff game) but I'd like to see the last goal again. I've heard from some that Daly was pushed into Lindgren which loosened the puck enough to squirt into the net. Anyone have a better look at it?

I want to win the series, no doubt, but I wouldn't be too upset if we lost tomorrow. We would get a week of rest instead of playing 5 games in 8 days, and there really isn't much of a difference between a 2 or a 3 seed.

What am I saying? Let's win tomorrow!
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 23:42

FalcoBro8 wrote:we gotta find some sort of consistency on the backend and it starts with goaltending, I still cant figure out how that shorty went in but that's why you put pucks on net.
I just watched that one again. It was a terrible one to let in. He tried redirecting it up to the netting, like he always does, and stuck his stick too far out, which cut down the angle to let it in.

Sorry, but the backend consistency does not start in net. 1 of 4 of Ryan's was not good, but when you only play 25-minutes of hockey at all, with very little defense at all, there is far more than one man to point the finger at.

That last goal should not have counted, and I don't understand why it did: "If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking
player and this action causes the defending player to come into contact
with the goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed initiated by the
attacking player. If necessary a penalty shall be assessed to the attacking
player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed."

I just watched the replay of it, and Daly is clearly pushed into the goalie, who had the puck under his leg pad for the save. What is the point of video review, if you don't observe the rules?
aries
3rd Line

Unread post 14 Mar 2014, 23:58

Do you have a link for highlights mdneilson?
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread post 15 Mar 2014, 00:10

It's one of those where seeing the replay you know it should be reversed but at the same time know they won't do it. I gotta wonder what the call would have been if we were trailing 4-1 at the time, because the contact seemed to result in the goal being scored.

Losing tomorrow is not a bad thing even if it's an ugly loss. I can't sat that I think we have a great chance of beating 4 good teams in a row, but I sure want to take on that challenge with a healthy lineup.