Huskies At Colorado College March 7th and 8th, and beyond?

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!
HuskySuperFanDave
Redshirt

Unread post 08 Mar 2014, 23:58

Way to go Huskies! Back to Back Championships! No sharing this year! 1st NCHC Penrose Cup Champs! Great night! ... And Thank You Broncos !
southernhusky
3rd Line

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 00:00

Wow! What a season and unexpected final weekend. Boys stood strong when they had to and got an icredible result
motox
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 00:11

Big congrats to the 2013-14 St. Cloud State Huskies! Being the inaugural NCHC regular season Champion is a significant accomplishment. This is clearly a group of young men that play as a team without relying on any one "superstar." Just a lot of very talented hockey players that work together. Looking forward to the post-season.
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 00:46

Nice photo...they are on the front page of USCHO too.
http://uscho.photoshelter.com/img-show/I0000rNjYCeWPHSo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 00:47

A lot of work left to be done, but that was fun!!! It's shame both cup clinching games these last two years have happened on my birthday, but what a night. If you were paying close attention to that North Dakota game, you had to feel like we were going to share it when they got a 5 minute power play and then they give up the shorty and commit a penalty to end the PP early and it was on as the Huskies coasted through the third to victory. We did slip to #5 in the pairwise, but who cares about that until at least after next weekend.

How bout them Huskies!!!
Pump It Up
2nd Line

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 00:59

mikecgrimes wrote:A lot of work left to be done, but that was fun!!! It's shame both cup clinching games these last two years have happened on my birthday, but what a night. If you were paying close attention to that North Dakota game, you had to feel like we were going to share it when they got a 5 minute power play and then they give up the shorty and commit a penalty to end the PP early and it was on as the Huskies coasted through the third to victory. We did slip to #5 in the pairwise, but who cares about that until at least after next weekend.

How bout them Huskies!!!
Please stick around. I don't agree with you on Faragher, but we need more active fans like yourself.

Oh yeah, we won. Watched the UND game with a bar full of Sioux fans and Terhaar screaming in my ear. I am still getting **** for my Huskies toque.

Savor this one and for some late night schadenfreude, head over to siouxsports.com.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Pump It Up
2nd Line

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 01:13

Pump It Up wrote:
mikecgrimes wrote:A lot of work left to be done, but that was fun!!! It's shame both cup clinching games these last two years have happened on my birthday, but what a night. If you were paying close attention to that North Dakota game, you had to feel like we were going to share it when they got a 5 minute power play and then they give up the shorty and commit a penalty to end the PP early and it was on as the Huskies coasted through the third to victory. We did slip to #5 in the pairwise, but who cares about that until at least after next weekend.

How bout them Huskies!!!
Please stick around. I don't agree with you on Faragher, but we need more active fans like yourself.

Oh yeah, we won. Watched the UND game with a bar full of Sioux fans and Terhaar screaming in my ear. I am still getting **** for my Huskies toque.

Savor this one and for some late night schadenfreude, head over to siouxsports.com.

Seriously guys. gfhockey is on a roll.

LadyHusky17
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 01:35

Shot from last week Friday in prep. Couldn't bring myself to show it until after UND lost. I should have trimmed it down some to take out that empty space but still worked. Original picture is muuuuch bigger.
Come to SCSU! Get whip-Lasch! -LadyHusky17

Did I mention I'm a bad speller? -LadyHusky17
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 01:51

Pump It Up wrote:
Pump It Up wrote:

Seriously guys. gfhockey is on a roll.

That guy is a piece of work, but I also love Izzy calling out the schmuck who was so pissed about Thorson's celebration. Reading what she wrote really made me smile. Well done.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 02:11

How bout them Huskies!!!
It is nice to see you back on. Since I was rude enough to overreact publically, I'll apologize in the same way. I'm sorry for being overly sensitive. I owe you a beer, or something.

Great to be alone on the top! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D

There is still more hockey to be played before the NCAA seeding is final. I think it is statistically impossible for us to drop out now, which is really all that matters. Last year was proof, seeding is just a number.

Celebrate this weekend boys, but we're winless in the 2014 post-season and game 1 is Friday. To use Bob's favorite saying: Time to hunker down.
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 08:55

Wait a minute! Weren't we one of the "bottom feeders" that were kept out of the original group that formed the NCHC? Was I dreaming, or did the Huskies actually win the NCHC and the first Penrose Cup? UND actually lost to Western Michigan?
Now we have to play that Bottom Feeder known as Miami of Ohio? Bottom Feeders are dangerous. We probably should have lost to CC so we didn't have to play a Bottom Feeder.
Wait a minute! We're champions! It doesn't matter who we play! We can keep winning.
I still need to see the Penrose Cup hoisted in our building to make sure this is real.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 11:44

Celebration time is over. It's time to focus Miami and get a sweep. The leaders on this team are top notch. They will be ready. #inBobWeTrust
HuskySuperFanDave
Redshirt

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 12:54

Great Post Skeeter! I agree 100%! ... It's not a dream! It was great listening to and waking up as NCHC CHAMPS! We did it! As great as it is to show everyone where not bottom feeders, it's time to focus on Miami. They could be dangerous. They are healthier than earlier in the Season. As always...GO HUSKIES!
Rev
2nd Line

Unread post 09 Mar 2014, 17:14

Thank goodness for Dan Terhaar, watching that feed from the CC web site was BRUTAL! What a night! Congrats boys, now the BIG push starts!
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 10 Mar 2014, 10:21

FYI,The games this weekend are going to be on fox sports north plus. Looks like our usual TV crew will be doing the games. Hopefully the Brooks center will be at least half full with students on spring break and locals to cheap to go to games.....