Huskies At Colorado College March 7th and 8th, and beyond?

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread post 02 Mar 2014, 09:41

Just another NCHC series. A sweep and who cares what North Dakota does we win the cup in style. Even when Prochno and possibly Morley out a sweep should be expected. I think it would only take one tie to clinch an NCAA birth, but I pretty much know 1 win this weekend and we're in. I suppose if North Dakota struggles we might not play CC, but we should expect to play them 4 or 5 straight. CC has scored just 61 goals in 32 games but have won a few games recently, still 3 goals is about as good as it gets for them.
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 02 Mar 2014, 15:34

SCSU is DUE to win a nationally televised game (Friday, 8:37 pm)!! Huge, emotional win for the Huskies on Saturday night against UND. Lets hope the boys will ride that wave as they enter the playoffs. I like our chances of a sweep better than UND sweeping Western Michigan.

Concerns: The seriousness of injuries to Morley and Prochno. Not sure how one team's defensive play can be so different night to night--2nd period Friday and all game Saturday. Think that is why they play the games! (UND had a lot to do with that, too.)
aries
3rd Line

Unread post 02 Mar 2014, 20:59

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm making the trip to Colorado Springs this weekend. Anyone else making the trip? I'm not expecting to see much black and cardinal in the building but I'd be thrilled to mingle with some other Husky fans.

Side note, for anyone who has previously made the trip, as this is a question of Vital Universal Importance: Do they serve alcohol at World Arena?
Pump It Up
2nd Line

Unread post 02 Mar 2014, 21:05

aries wrote:As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm making the trip to Colorado Springs this weekend. Anyone else making the trip? I'm not expecting to see much black and cardinal in the building but I'd be thrilled to mingle with some other Husky fans.

Side note, for anyone who has previously made the trip, as this is a question of Vital Universal Importance: Do they serve alcohol at World Arena?
I sure wish I was going. Have fun. And yes to your alcohol question. Drink up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 03 Mar 2014, 00:55

I have yet to make a trip to the home of either Rocky Mountain team. I'm planning on going to UNO next year, to check out the old digs, before the new ones are finished. It'd be nice if there was a back to back DU/CC series; then I'd just take a long vacation in CO.
LadyHusky17
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 03 Mar 2014, 01:50

Been on a road trip to DU when my roommate won a trip years back to watch the team play. Was nice if you had a hotel near or next to the tram lines because you could just take that to the area and back. Some great places to eat in downtown Denver too. Only bad thing about it, at this time, is that the airport is so far away from the city itself. Think it took about a half hour to get to our hotel, heard from my cousin and her husband though that they're working on building a tram or train to travel the distance easier.

Would love to make the trip to CC some time, if I'd known I wasn't going to have any work conflicts I might have seen about setting it up this year.
Come to SCSU! Get whip-Lasch! -LadyHusky17

Did I mention I'm a bad speller? -LadyHusky17
Husky4Life
1st Line

Unread post 03 Mar 2014, 15:11

You just know this won't be easy, and I hope they don't have it in their head that CC is going to lay down for them. Go out and earn it boys!! Hard work and mental toughness gets 6 points this weekend and the cup! I have sneaky suspicion Western Michigan is going to steal a game up in Grand Forks.
"SCSU Hockey-Future Multiple National Championship Winners!"
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 04 Mar 2014, 00:34

Of course it won't be easy but I don't think they will be overlooking CC. Again, they know every team in this league is a capable squad and can beat any other team in this league. Something has been working for CC lately as they had gone 4-2-2 before being swept at UNO. Still .500 hockey in their last 10 for a team that was 2-15-3 before then is something they can be proud of and they have a respectable 5-7-4 home record this year. Only UNH has swept them at home, another team that plays on the Olympic sheet (just us and CC do in this league) so maybe there is something to that. Come out firing, avoid whatever crap has been happening in the 2nd. Get a National TV win for once and put some pressure on UND. Whatever happens it's likely we either face this team again or get Miami. We put ourselves in position for a title, go grab one boys.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
mikecgrimes
1st Line

Unread post 04 Mar 2014, 21:27

Morley practiced today, no Prochno.
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 05 Mar 2014, 06:02

hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 05 Mar 2014, 07:48

Colorado College Men's Hockey site, includes weekly press release *.pdf...
CC set for home finales
Tigers look to derail St. Cloud State's title hopes, regain momentum for playoffs
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 05 Mar 2014, 18:15

SCSU Men's Hockey site, includes complete game notes *.pdf...
#4 St. Cloud State On the Road to Colorado College
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 06 Mar 2014, 20:52

It's time for this team to make a statement by sweeping the Tigers. I hope they're sick of losing on national TV, sick of losing on Fridays and sick of flat second periods. Enough, already.

The other day I was picked up and brought in for rhetorical questioning.
SCSUEuro
1st Line

Unread post 06 Mar 2014, 22:18

Have we heard anything about Prochno? I'm assuming he's gonna be out, just wanted to know what we know