Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Zack Fisch

Zack Fisch

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Zack Fisch

Unread postby mdneilson » 15 Mar 2012, 11:02

Our Mr. Zach Fisch has been named the St. Cloud Rox's play-by-play announcer. Congratulations Zach! Husky hockey will miss you.

http://www.kvsc.org/news-detail/st-clou ... 2012/3261/
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Re: Zach Fisch

Unread postby ThomaSCSU » 15 Mar 2012, 11:20

Congrats Zach! Whoever does the play by plays for Husky hockey next season will have some big shoes to fill. I wish you the best of luck in the future (which I think is promising).
USCHO username: Husky13
ThomaSCSU
3rd Line

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 15 Mar 2012, 16:30

Good Luck Zack! you will be missed.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Boomer » 16 Mar 2012, 10:52

Congratulations on the Rox job--and thanks for providing Husky Hockey Fans with exceptional coverage over the past few years! You certainly brought a D-I performance to SCSU and Husky Hockey.

I'll come up and pester you sometimes at Faber Field.
Boomer
1st Line

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 16 Mar 2012, 10:53

Best of luck to you Zach. Job well done.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby motox » 16 Mar 2012, 11:09

Thanks for the years Zack. You did a great job calling the games and set the bar high. Best of luck in the future and congrats on the Rox job.
motox
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Fangs » 16 Mar 2012, 17:50

I spent some time as a KVSC DJ so I can attest to the fact that Mr. Fisch works as hard off the air if not harder than he does on air. Best of luck to you in all of your future endeavors Mr. Fisch!! You deserve all that you have achieved!!!
St. Cloud State University GGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!!
Fangs
2nd Line

Unread postby mdneilson » 16 Mar 2012, 22:28

PS. Zack, if you want to return to Husky hockey. I'm sure Don could take an unfortunate tumble down some steps. ;)
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Skeeterman » 17 Mar 2012, 09:41

Is someone new going to be the announcer, too?
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby zackfisch » 18 Mar 2012, 22:03

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Really not needed and far too kind, but greatly appreciated!

I grew up in Kansas. Not exactly a hockey hotbed. Coming here for college was the best choice I ever made. Calling Husky Hockey was my life for the last 4 years. Has not really set in yet that it is all said and done, but I am sure it will this week when I head to the station without games on the docket. I can't say thanks enough to the listeners and fans who have said nice things and who I have had the pleasure of meeting over the years. You all make our jobs fun. In addition to that, a big thanks to everyone involved with Husky Hockey. From Coach Motzko down, I have been treated with nothing but class and even though I am a student, like just another member of the media. The players and staff have been great and I really think we have a great program here at SCSU.

As for the Rox job, I can't wait to get rolling with that. I worked in the league in Rochester last year and am looking forward to staying at home in St. Cloud. The name has generated a lot of excitement. Hockey is my forte and I want to get a Play-by-Play job in that right after the Rox season ends, so fingers crossed.

Also, in regards to Don Lyons, he has been nothing but great to work with over the years. I wish him all the best and would never send any ill will in his regards. If down the road a Play-by-Play position opened up for Husky Hockey, I would hope that I would be considered because I would be more than interested. I love SCSU Hockey and would love to be a part of it down the road.

Thanks again to everyone and I will still provide updates and such on here at about SCSU Hockey as long as I am in St. Cloud!

All the best
zackfisch
3rd Line

Unread postby mdneilson » 08 May 2012, 18:06

Zach has been named an all-american broadcaster. Congratulations Zach.

http://www.bottomlinecom.com/olathe-gra ... oadcaster/
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 09 May 2012, 11:15

Awesome job Zach, you deserve it!!!
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby zackfisch » 13 May 2012, 23:18

Thanks again folks for all the support. It was an amazing four years at SCSU. Will never forget it. You all made it great.
zackfisch
3rd Line

Unread postby Huskie » 14 May 2012, 22:39

zackfisch wrote:Thanks again folks for all the support. It was an amazing four years at SCSU. Will never forget it. You all made it great.

Never met you Zack but know you are surely a rising Star. Best of luck and hope to see you back with the Huskies someday!!
Huskie
1st Line

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 15 May 2012, 11:49

Huskie wrote:
zackfisch wrote:Thanks again folks for all the support. It was an amazing four years at SCSU. Will never forget it. You all made it great.

Never met you Zack but know you are surely a rising Star. Best of luck and hope to see you back with the Huskies someday!!

Hopefully with Kurtz gone the athletic program will actually make some smart moves. you know smart moves like hiring zack and getting a radio station that goes farther than 10 miles out of town.....
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Next

Return to Men's Hockey