Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Boomer's Coaches Show Recap

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Unread postby Rev » 26 Oct 2011, 11:11

Thanks Boom, as ever it was thoroughly reviewed. Now if only a certain beat writer could do the same...!

Very appropriate for the Boomer and the Pope to hold the unofficial, official groundbreaking. Now things can commence!!!
Rev
2nd Line

Unread postby Boomer » 01 Nov 2011, 00:22

Halloween was a poor second to the "Bob Motzko Show Without Kevin Allenspach" at the Green Mill. The only casualty was Skeeterman--he was on assignment in Eau Claire, WI. I think he was trying to scout Bucky Badger, and that was as far as he got.

To put it gently, the coach was not overly impressed with Sterns and Bokal--the attorney firm that allegedly reffed the series. To his credit, he did not really comment on the officiating because of the sticky rules of the NCAA and the Bruce McLeod Empire. Suffice it to say, the Hanowski 5 minute major should have been a two minute penalty at best, and that sneaky little Lamaroux should have got 2 for embellishment. Asked if the Jensen great hipcheck was a penalty, he flatly stated, "No, they missed that call."

Motzko was happy with Ryan Faragher in net (surprise!). He was also happy with the character the team showed Friday night. Saturday night he was happy with the play in the third period. He answered why the intensity only in the third period by saying "there are things this team needs to work on." He also mentioned too many penalties--that this team needs to stay out of the box.

Look for different combinations/players on the penalty kill this coming weekend. I asked him why Jordy Christian hasn't been on the PK. "Well, he was injured for the first few games, but he sure might be killing penalties this weekend."

The coach said Taylor Johnson "was one sick dude" this weekend. Not "sick" as in real good, but sick like 103 temperature. He may play one of the games this weekend.

Speaking of sick, the coach looked a little under the weather himself. "No, not sick--just tired." (I think he is sick.) He left right after the show to go trick or treating with his kids.

Don Lyons was wearing a very large, very blonde wig. Kolorful Ken said he wanted it back right after the show. ----And they must have known Skeeterman wouldn't be there, because they didn't have the cordless mic. Ken was not deterred, and yelled out to Motzko, "Coach, what was your favorite Halloween costume?" Motzko shot back, "Chuck Foreman, number 44!" Then he and Don Lyons got into an argument of who was better, Barry Sanders or Chuck Foreman.

Flag Lady Karen and The Rev joined the first table.
Boomer
1st Line

Unread postby ThomaSCSU » 01 Nov 2011, 02:16

Thanks for all of the recaps, Boomer! I'm glad this thread exists because I work during the coaches show every week. I'd like to try to get to one, though.
USCHO username: Husky13
ThomaSCSU
3rd Line

Unread postby motox » 01 Nov 2011, 08:37

Well done Boomer, thank you!
motox
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby HockeyFan » 01 Nov 2011, 08:51

There were no questions or comments on Lee?
HockeyFan
1st Line

Unread postby gohuskies » 01 Nov 2011, 08:55

HockeyFan wrote: There were no questions or comments on Lee?

I was just wondering the same thing....
gohuskies
2nd Line

Unread postby scsu21 » 01 Nov 2011, 09:23

Bob said they hope to know more later this week. Said it would at least be 2 weeks. Could be more depending on what tests show, etc.
scsu21
1st Line

Unread postby Boomer » 01 Nov 2011, 09:49

I had put some info on another thread and forgot to add it to the Coaches Show thing.

The term "hip flexor" has been unofficially mentioned. Lee will be out at least two weeks--and could be out for the season. Depends on a "second opinion" mentioned by the coach at the Monday show. Rest is the recommended therapy. Caution not to come back too soon, because if re-injured, it's back to square one. (I just retired--so I have time to Google.)

From how I read it, Mr. Faragher will get adequate time to see some action.
Boomer
1st Line

Unread postby DirtyBottles » 01 Nov 2011, 10:56

Boomer wrote: I had put some info on another thread and forgot to add it to the Coaches Show thing.

The term "hip flexor" has been unofficially mentioned.  Lee will be out at least two weeks--and could be out for the season.  Depends on a "second opinion" mentioned by the coach at the Monday show.  Rest is the recommended therapy.  Caution not to come back too soon, because if re-injured, it's back to square one.  (I just retired--so I have time to Google.)

Someone needs to hook Mr. Lee up with ex Husky Dr. Mike Maristuen.  He's not your average Chiro.  The guy knows his stuff!   He's helped my wife and I (who are no spring chickens) stay upright and healthy through lots of endurance training.  He does a lot of deep tissue/myofascial release stuff, knows how to identify muscles that aren't firing, pinpoint the true cause of inflamation/pain, etc.  

http://www.spineandsportschiro.com/

My apologies for sounding like an infomercial :) I just think he's dang good at what he does....

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work - Thomas Edison.

Today I will do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't - unknown
DirtyBottles
3rd Line

Unread postby Rev » 01 Nov 2011, 13:23

DirtyBottles wrote: [quote author=Boomer link=1318301185/50#52 date=1320158941]I had put some info on another thread and forgot to add it to the Coaches Show thing.

The term "hip flexor" has been unofficially mentioned.  Lee will be out at least two weeks--and could be out for the season.  Depends on a "second opinion" mentioned by the coach at the Monday show.  Rest is the recommended therapy.  Caution not to come back too soon, because if re-injured, it's back to square one.  (I just retired--so I have time to Google.)

Someone needs to hook Mr. Lee up with ex Husky Dr. Mike Maristuen.  He's not your average Chiro.  The guy knows his stuff!   He's helped my wife and I (who are no spring chickens) stay upright and healthy through lots of endurance training.  He does a lot of deep tissue/myofascial release stuff, knows how to identify muscles that aren't firing, pinpoint the true cause of inflamation/pain, etc.  

http://www.spineandsportschiro.com/

My apologies for sounding like an infomercial :) I just think he's dang good at what he does....

[/quote]
After Farager's performance, Mike Lee will be getting better a lot faster now! ;D
Rev
2nd Line

Unread postby Skeeterman » 01 Nov 2011, 13:34

who is this Mike Lee?
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby ThomaSCSU » 01 Nov 2011, 16:56

Some say he was our goaltender in the before-times.
USCHO username: Husky13
ThomaSCSU
3rd Line

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 01 Nov 2011, 17:17

Faragher's played 3 games....and looked good in 1.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby pjoyn » 01 Nov 2011, 18:55

Rabid_Husky wrote: Faragher's played 3 games....and looked good in 1.

I would say, great in one, poor in one and above average in the other. 2 out of 3 goals this past Saturday were PP goals and all 3 goals scored were within 10 minutes of each other. I will take 110 out of 120 minutes to good to great goaltending on a weekend. The odds were bound to catch up to him and the team.
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 01 Nov 2011, 19:24

pjoyn wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1318301185/50#57 date=1320185830]Faragher's played 3 games....and looked good in 1.

I would say, great in one, poor in one and above average in the other.  2 out of 3 goals this past Saturday were PP goals and all 3 goals scored were within 10 minutes of each other.  I will take 110 out of 120 minutes to good to great goaltending on a weekend.  The odds were bound to catch up to him and the team.

[/quote]

Still this whole "who's Mike Lee" "goalie before-times" stuff, joking or not, is a bit much. He hasn't done **** yet.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hockey