Goofers and Huskies round 1

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Oct 2008, 07:32

It is obvious Bob Motzko is excited about this team. While he said there were a few mistakes on defense, over the weekend defensemen got 14 points. He didn't think the defensemen of last year had that many by Christmas!

Skeeterman asked if Motzko thought Mercyhurst and the Gophers were "about the same." The coach didn't answer. . .
Lady wore Black
Redshirt

Unread post 14 Oct 2008, 09:32

Junk wrote: Ugh, why did tickets have to sell out so fast!

I'll be out of town in January. A year without seeing the Gophers at the NHC. Bah!

I'm expecting a sweep, honestly. Yeah, last weekend was a cupcake, but I saw a lot of positives that I would expect to see against a competitive opponent as well.

Friday: Huskies 5-2.

Saturday: Huskies 3-1.

At least three PP goals on the weekend.

Call the ticket office on Friday morning and ask for call back tickets. I have been very successful at getting tickets on game day for the gopher series.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Oct 2008, 09:37

anybody going to Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday for the PA and Dubay show? I might take the day off and head up if a bunch of people are going to be hanging out.
jazzam
Redshirt

Unread post 14 Oct 2008, 11:18

scsutommyboy wrote: anybody going to Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday for the PA and Dubay show? I might take the day off and head up if a bunch of people are going to be hanging out.

I may do the same.
Rookie
2nd Line

Unread post 14 Oct 2008, 15:04

scsutommyboy wrote: anybody going to Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday for the PA and Dubay show? I might take the day off and head up if a bunch of people are going to be hanging out.

I wish.  I'm going with baby steps. I'm hoping to see more games at home than on the road this year.  My attendance record last year was horrendous.  I don't have season tickets anymore, so Waterlover can't yell at me to turn them in.

TB, you actually going to be a booster this year, or will you blame the Mrs. for misplacing the form again?   ;) ;D
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Oct 2008, 15:14

Rookie wrote: [quote author=scsutommyboy link=1223828029/0#17 date=1223995074]anybody going to Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday for the PA and Dubay show? I might take the day off and head up if a bunch of people are going to be hanging out.

I wish.  I'm going with baby steps. I'm hoping to see more games at home than on the road this year.  My attendance record last year was horrendous.  I don't have season tickets anymore, so Waterlover can't yell at me to turn them in.

TB, you actually going to be a booster this year, or will you blame the Mrs. for misplacing the form again?   ;) ;D[/quote]

Nuage gave me crap last year because they had my money before the season stared! :o Of course I haven't sent mine in yet this year.
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Oct 2008, 15:16

My exact questions was: "Aren't Mercyhurst and Minnesota equal in terms of everything"? That brought a chuckle from the panel, then right to commercial break.

Main thing of note from the show was that Lauridsen may be cleared soon and chances are good it may be in time for this series.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Oct 2008, 17:24

Skeeterman wrote: My exact questions was: "Aren't Mercyhurst and Minnesota equal in terms of everything"?  That brought a chuckle from the panel, then right to commercial break.

Main thing of note from the show was that Lauridsen may be cleared soon and chances are good it may be in time for this series.  

Good news. What else did he say?
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 16 Oct 2008, 12:56

According to the Gopher beat writer, this is likely the lines we'll see Friday

Stoa-Schroeder-Barriball

Flynn-Carmen-Lucia

Hoeffel-Sacchetti-White

Hansen-Matson-Bostrom

Fairchild-Fischer

Ness-Anderson

Wehrs-Lofquist

Kangas

Patterson
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 16 Oct 2008, 12:58

Rabid_Husky wrote: According to the Gopher beat writer, this is likely the lines we'll see Friday

Stoa-Schroeder-Barriball

Flynn-Carmen-Lucia

Hoeffel-Sacchetti-White

Hansen-Matson-Bostrom

Fairchild-Fischer

Ness-Anderson

Wehrs-Lofquist

Kangas

Patterson

Ouside of Kangas who are the other people? ;D
Rookie
2nd Line

Unread post 16 Oct 2008, 14:12

Rabid_Husky wrote: According to the Gopher beat writer, this is likely the lines we'll see Friday

Stoa-Schroeder-Barriball

Flynn-Carmen-Lucia

Hoeffel-Sacchetti-White

Hansen-Matson-Bostrom

Fairchild-Fischer

Ness-Anderson

Wehrs-Lofquist

Kangas

Patterson

That's 7 freshmen in the lineup including the backup goalie. That's a young team. Hopefully we can get the early jump and take advantage of it.
Deejer
Redshirt

Unread post 16 Oct 2008, 21:29

Rookie wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1223828029/0#23 date=1224179793]According to the Gopher beat writer, this is likely the lines we'll see Friday

Stoa-Schroeder-Barriball

Flynn-Carmen-Lucia

Hoeffel-Sacchetti-White

Hansen-Matson-Bostrom

Fairchild-Fischer

Ness-Anderson

Wehrs-Lofquist

Kangas

Patterson

That's 7 freshmen in the lineup including the backup goalie.  That's a young team.  Hopefully we can get the early jump and take advantage of it.[/quote]

Overall, a pretty decent top three lines.  Let's hope the "baptism" at NHC" of the Goof freshmen is no so pretty... 8-)
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 16 Oct 2008, 23:44

Deejer wrote: [quote author=Rookie link=1223828029/25#25 date=1224184343][quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1223828029/0#23 date=1224179793]According to the Gopher beat writer, this is likely the lines we'll see Friday

Stoa-Schroeder-Barriball

Flynn-Carmen-Lucia

Hoeffel-Sacchetti-White

Hansen-Matson-Bostrom

Fairchild-Fischer

Ness-Anderson

Wehrs-Lofquist

Kangas

Patterson

That's 7 freshmen in the lineup including the backup goalie.  That's a young team.  Hopefully we can get the early jump and take advantage of it.[/quote]

Overall, a pretty decent top three lines.  Let's hope the "baptism" at NHC" of the Goof freshmen is no so pretty... 8-)

[/quote]

They could be decent lines. We'll see if Barriball returns to what he was as a freshman and just how effective Stoa is. I don't see much scoring in that 2nd line unless it comes from Carmen. Sacchetti struggled in the USHL and I was not at all impressed with White, but Hoeffel could be the break out player for them.
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 17 Oct 2008, 00:02

No Lauridsen, thanks NCAA for continuing to drag your feet, assholes.

Bob Motzko beckoned Lauridsen after practice Thursday and told him they were close on receiving his clearance from the NCAA. The Huskies hoped they would know Thursday afternoon, but they did not. Motzko told the Great Dane that, even if he gets the green light Friday, he likely won't play Friday night at the National Hockey Center. But Motzko likes the hulking defenseman so much that he would toss him into his first college game on Saturday at Mariucci Arena if it's possible. If not, he could debut next weekend at Bemidji State.

U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
izzi
1st Line

Unread post 17 Oct 2008, 13:19

I just pray to God he doesn't go the way of Luca Cunti.

It pisses me off... they'll clear a linebacker for a football game in 2 days, but it takes six effing months to get Lauridsen ready to go? >:(

I'd like to have him out on the ice not only because he's going to be an enforcer, but since he's not playing, all he does currently is sit in the stands and make out with his girlfriend. Spare me.

Whatever. I've pretty much lost my voice already, so I can't yell that loud tonight, but I'll be sure to lose whatever voice I have left. Tonight should be awesome. 8-)