Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Committed Recruits

Committed Recruits

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Committed Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 04 Sep 2008, 10:02

NOTICE: Post hijacked by The Exiled One

(TEO's guess on incoming class)

2016 & Beyond
F - Mitch Slattery (96-4/20) - Wilderness - NAHL
F - Brendan Harris (96-7/10) - Wenatchee - BCHL
F - Jack Poehling (96-8/29) - Green Bay - USHL
F - Nick Poehling (96-8/29) - Green Bay - USHL
F - Josh Blanchard (96-9/19) - Salmon Arm - BCHL
F - Jake Wahlin (96-11/9) - Tri-City - USHL
G - Zach Driscoll (97-2/25) -
D - Jack Achan (97-5/18) - Cedar Rapids - MSHSL
F - Easton Brodzinski (97-8/13) - Penticton - BCHL
F - Blake Lizotte (97-12/13) - Fargo - USHL
D - Dennis Cholowski (98-2/15) - Chilliwack - BCHL
F - Ryan Poehling (99-1/3) - Lakeville North - MSHSL
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby scsuhuskyfan » 05 Sep 2008, 11:14

scsutommyboy wrote: 2009

F - Ben Hanowski - Team North (UMHSEHL)

F - David Eddy - Sioux Falls (USHL)

D - Taylor Johnson - Green Bay (USHL)

F - Bryce Ravndalen - Fargo Force (USHL)

F - Nick Oliver - Fargo Force (USHL)

G - Mike Lee - Fargo Force (USHL)

Fargo Force + St. Cloud State Huskies = Carolina Hurricanes ;D
scsuhuskyfan
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 14 Sep 2008, 01:02

Eddy pots 2 and gets an assist in Sioux Falls 5-2 win over Fargo in an exhibition game tonight. Scored the first goal with 8 seconds left in the first on Lee. Only one he gave up in the only period he played.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 15 Sep 2008, 08:51

Rabid_Husky wrote: Eddy pots 2 and gets an assist in Sioux Falls 5-2 win over Fargo in an exhibition game tonight. Scored the first goal with 8 seconds left in the first on Lee. Only one he gave up in the only period he played.

I'm still intrigued by Eddy. I know I get a lot of crap for putting too much emphasis on stats, but any player who doubles the points of the next guy on his high school team, carries said team to a 2-1 record at the state tournament, and leads said tournament in scoring would be an intriguing player to me.

I know this is just preseason (remember Festler's five shorties?), but I hope this bodes well for David's USHL career. Two goals and an assist in the first exhibition game looks promissing. Go Eddy!
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 16 Sep 2008, 07:14

The_Exiled_One wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1220540524/0#4 date=1221372130]Eddy pots 2 and gets an assist in Sioux Falls 5-2 win over Fargo in an exhibition game tonight. Scored the first goal with 8 seconds left in the first on Lee. Only one he gave up in the only period he played.

I'm still intrigued by Eddy.  I know I get a lot of crap for putting too much emphasis on stats, but any player who doubles the points of the next guy on his high school team, carries said team to a 2-1 record at the state tournament, and leads said tournament in scoring would be an intriguing player to me.

I know this is just preseason (remember Festler's five shorties?), but I hope this bodes well for David's USHL career.  Two goals and an assist in the first exhibition game looks promissing.  Go Eddy![/quote]

I agree, we might be small but he seems to have a lot skill. He was picked over Lehrke, so I hope he ends a better player than him.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 16 Sep 2008, 08:06

Hanowski is back in action with the Elite League. He's leading Team North with seven goals and an assist in three games. Technically, that's below his high school ppg average! ;) Team North has two wins and a tie after the first weekend of action.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 16 Sep 2008, 12:41

The_Exiled_One wrote: Hanowski is back in action with the Elite League.  He's leading Team North with seven goals and an assist in three games.  Technically, that's below his high school ppg average! ;) Team North has two wins and a tie after the first weekend of action.

Oliver was suppose to be on that team, but is playing with Fargo instead?
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 16 Sep 2008, 13:35

scsutommyboy wrote: [quote author=The_Exiled_One link=1220540524/0#7 date=1221570371]Hanowski is back in action with the Elite League.  He's leading Team North with seven goals and an assist in three games.  Technically, that's below his high school ppg average! ;) Team North has two wins and a tie after the first weekend of action.

Oliver was suppose to be on that team, but is playing with Fargo instead?

[/quote]

Either with Fargo or playing football for Roseau, he missed a lot of Elite games last year because of football.

I can't remember if he's playing with Fargo full time or going to do the split season thing.
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 22 Sep 2008, 23:39

Rumor has it Nick Pryor can't get into Wisconsin and is looking at other WCHA schools....go get him Bob! :)
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 23 Sep 2008, 14:25

Rabid_Husky wrote: Rumor has it Nick Pryor can't get into Wisconsin and is looking at other WCHA schools....go get him Bob!  :)

What position does he play? Is he a 09-10 recruit?
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 23 Sep 2008, 15:36

scsutommyboy wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1220540524/0#10 date=1222144753]Rumor has it Nick Pryor can't get into Wisconsin and is looking at other WCHA schools....go get him Bob!  :)

What position does he play?  Is he a 09-10 recruit?

[/quote]
Defense, and I do believe he's a high school senior. He's playing in Des Moines of the USHL this season.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 23 Sep 2008, 15:46

Rabid_Husky wrote: Rumor has it Nick Pryor can't get into Wisconsin and is looking at other WCHA schools....go get him Bob!  :)

The rumor (without any credible knowledge) is that his ACT scores are low.  Stats indicate that 75% of students enrolled at UW-Madison had an ACT score of 26 or higher.  Now on the one hand, I don't understand how Wisconsin could write off a kid a full year before he's out of time to bring his test scores up, but I suppose if his test scores were just too miserable to even contemplate meeting the challenge, he might just admit defeat and look elsewhere.  SCSU will take fairly modest test scores, but I would imagine any kid who has testing difficulties might second guess his decision to attend college at all.  We'll see.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 23 Sep 2008, 16:52

The_Exiled_One wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1220540524/0#10 date=1222144753]Rumor has it Nick Pryor can't get into Wisconsin and is looking at other WCHA schools....go get him Bob!  :)

The rumor (without any credible knowledge) is that his ACT scores are low.  Stats indicate that 75% of students enrolled at UW-Madison had an ACT score of 26 or higher.  Now on the one hand, I don't understand how Wisconsin could write off a kid a full year before he's out of time to bring his test scores up, but I suppose if his test scores were just too miserable to even contemplate meeting the challenge, he might just admit defeat and look elsewhere.  SCSU will take fairly modest test scores, but I would imagine any kid who has testing difficulties might second guess his decision to attend college at all.  We'll see.[/quote]

Not to blast SCSU but it does seem nearly everyone can be admitted, so if he can't even get in here, then yeah he probably would need to play elsewhere but I think we could get him in if he wanted to play here.
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 23 Sep 2008, 17:47

Rabid_Husky wrote: [quote author=The_Exiled_One link=1220540524/0#13 date=1222202778][quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1220540524/0#10 date=1222144753]Rumor has it Nick Pryor can't get into Wisconsin and is looking at other WCHA schools....go get him Bob!  :)

The rumor (without any credible knowledge) is that his ACT scores are low.  Stats indicate that 75% of students enrolled at UW-Madison had an ACT score of 26 or higher.  Now on the one hand, I don't understand how Wisconsin could write off a kid a full year before he's out of time to bring his test scores up, but I suppose if his test scores were just too miserable to even contemplate meeting the challenge, he might just admit defeat and look elsewhere.  SCSU will take fairly modest test scores, but I would imagine any kid who has testing difficulties might second guess his decision to attend college at all.  We'll see.[/quote]

Not to blast SCSU but it does seem nearly everyone can be admitted, so if he can't even get in here, then yeah he probably would need to play elsewhere but I think we could get him in if he wanted to play here.

[/quote]

NCAA rules are goofy.  I believe a player must get at least an 18 on his ACT to be eligible for the clearing house.  If this kid got a 19 or 20 they might have just told him he is never going to improve enough to get in.  If he has decent grades in high School SCSU would let him in even though the average SCSU students scores higher than that. I believe SCSU says there minnimum ACT score is a 21, but if your grades and class rank are at a certain level, it could be lower than that.

To put this in perspective, In the state of Minnesota the average high school senior gets a 22 on their ACT. The funny thing is I don't think there is abig difference in IQ between a person who gets a 21 and 26, but they need to rank students some how.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Committed Recruits

Unread postby LadyHusky17 » 23 Sep 2008, 22:12

scsutommyboy wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1220540524/0#14 date=1222206736][quote author=The_Exiled_One link=1220540524/0#13 date=1222202778][quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1220540524/0#10 date=1222144753]Rumor has it Nick Pryor can't get into Wisconsin and is looking at other WCHA schools....go get him Bob!  :)

[/quote]

NCAA rules are goofy.  I believe a player must get at least an 18 on his ACT to be eligible for the clearing house.  If this kid got a 19 or 20 they might have just told him he is never going to improve enough to get in.  If he has decent grades in high School SCSU would let him in even though the average SCSU students scores higher than that. I believe SCSU says there minnimum ACT score is a 21, but if your grades and class rank are at a certain level, it could be lower than that.

To put this in perspective, In the state of Minnesota the average high school senior gets a 22 on their ACT.  The funny thing is I don't think there is abig difference in IQ between a person who gets a 21 and 26, but they need to rank students some how.[/quote]

The UW is supposed to be a hard school to get into in the first place ACTs aside. I think at least when I was still in high school they required both the ACT and the SAT to even be consider. I remember shortly before I came to school at SCSU that there was a program on one of the local news stations in Madison stating how hard it was to get in even with straight A's. I'd assume it would be a bit easier for athletes at the UW but still.

I remember when I still entertained ideas of the UW (before I decided on my original major, which the UW does not have at all) back in Middle school they were telling us, they also re enforced this in high school, that you need two years of high school forian language in one language to even be considered at the UW along with your grades.

In the end if he can't get into the UW it could be many different reasons.
Come to SCSU! Get whip-Lasch! -LadyHusky17

Did I mention I'm a bad speller? -LadyHusky17
LadyHusky17
Hobey Baker Finalist

Next

Return to Men's Hockey