Looking forward to next year 2008-09

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!
waterlover
2nd Line

Unread post 13 Sep 2008, 23:56

scsutommyboy wrote: [quote author=LadyHusky17 link=1206908057/150#152 date=1219730359]Didn't see this the other day but it was posted on the SCSU athletics home page Friday it seems.

This year the coach's show will be at Old Chicago

http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletics/s ... ryID=26462

At least I can take a bus this year if I find time to go. I've only ever eaten there once though.

Good, roosters has the **** service in St. CLoud!

[/quote]

You'll be happy to know they aren't open anymore.

Why would anyone go to Rosters anyway when Shooters (best cocktail in St. Cloud) is just up the road?
scsuhuskyfan
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Sep 2008, 00:02

What happened to Rosters? They had awesome all u can eat fish fry Fridays.....Anyhow, I wish they would have made B-Dubs the official place for the coaches show.
waterlover
2nd Line

Unread post 14 Sep 2008, 00:18

roblaplante wrote: What happened to Rosters? They had awesome all u can eat fish fry Fridays......

I'm not sure. I read in the paper a week or three ago that they closed. It wasn't in the same article that talked about Outback closing but maybe in the article talking about McMullins. Apparently a bunch of joints in St. Cloud have shut down in the past few months. Not shocking considering the number of restaurants in town, the lower than average income, $3.75 gas and less then good economy.
scsuhuskyfan
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 14 Sep 2008, 00:25

waterlover wrote: [quote author=roblaplante link=1206908057/150#166 date=1221368569]What happened to Rosters? They had awesome all u can eat fish fry Fridays......

I'm not sure.  I read in the paper a week or three ago that they closed.  It wasn't in the same article that talked about Outback closing but maybe in the article talking about McMullins.  Apparently a bunch of joints in St. Cloud have shut down in the past few months.  Not shocking considering the number of restaurants in town, the lower than average income, $3.75 gas and less then good economy.[/quote]

Makes sense. It's just they only were open about a year that's all. That part of town has always struggled with business with Premier Bingo, and AJ's and what not struggling for business.

I live in Maple Grove now, and a lot of their restaurants are closing as well. Gotta love the economy we live in. Rising prices in gas, food, taxes, clothing and still no cost of living raises.....WTF
scsuhuskyfan
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 17 Sep 2008, 14:52

Exactly 3 weeks from tonight I get my hockey fix! I'm guessing all 3 goalies will get a period of play in the exhibition game. and then Weslosky and Dunn will split the weekend series.
LadyHusky17
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 17 Sep 2008, 16:58

Feels like it's very close to hockey season already to me, of course hockey fixes are easier to come by with my class schedule.

On that note, the men had one of their preseason practices that they're allowed to have with the coaching staff. They seemed pretty pumped about the practice.

Of the freshmen, nobody totally stood out during it. Granted I can hardly remember which ones which when I feel like I have to keep an eye out for the odd puck that makes if over the netting on the practice rink which was a good 10-20 a few of which were batted away by each goalie that took up the position in net.

Of course the one Freshman that did stand out was because he stood about half a head higher than the next tallest person on the team. At times there looks to be not enough rink to contain him, he takes two or three strides from one side and seems to be near the center if not past it (Keep in mind this is going the short way across the rink, not end to end). He's height gives him two looks, one that is you've got a barrier to skate around and the other that he looks kind of thin, as if he needs a bit more muscle on him. But could not help keeping on saying "Good god he's huge!" when he'd skate in on the goalie or when the D was practicing with our newest goalie as their target.

Both Jase and Dan look like they did well over the summer in training and Jase is already acting like he's in the season.

For those wondering about Swanson, he was running around as a forward today partnered with Marvin and Peskskamp. The only other line I remember mildly as I didn't think to write things down until near the end was Lasch and Roe were on the same line though I can't remember who their third line mate was. They were working out with five lines of Forwards and four pairings of Defense. Which means that either one person wasn't at practice of I didn't notice the extra D or F skating around. I'm thinking one of the D wasn't in.

Either way the season gets closer.

Women play in 10 days which should be interesting to see how Nixon takes to being the #1 goalie for the women or if one of the two freshman can steal it away from her.
Come to SCSU! Get whip-Lasch! -LadyHusky17

Did I mention I'm a bad speller? -LadyHusky17
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 18 Sep 2008, 15:01

LadyHusky17 wrote: Feels like it's very close to hockey season already to me, of course hockey fixes are easier to come by with my class schedule.

On that note, the men had one of their preseason practices that they're allowed to have with the coaching staff. They seemed pretty pumped about the practice.

Of the freshmen, nobody totally stood out during it. Granted I can hardly remember  which ones which when I feel like I have to keep an eye out for the odd puck that makes if over the netting on the practice rink which was a good 10-20 a few of which were batted away by each goalie that took up the position in net.

Of course the one Freshman that did stand out was because he stood about half a head higher than the next tallest person on the team. At times there looks to be not enough rink to contain him, he takes two or three strides from one side and seems to be near the center if not past it (Keep in mind this is going the short way across the rink, not end to end). He's height gives him two looks, one that is you've got a barrier to skate around and the other that he looks kind of thin, as if he needs a bit more muscle on him. But could not help keeping on saying "Good god he's huge!" when he'd skate in on the goalie or when the D was practicing with our newest goalie as their target.

Both Jase and Dan look like they did well over the summer in training and Jase is already acting like he's in the season.

For those wondering about Swanson, he was running around as a forward today partnered with Marvin and Peskskamp. The only other line I remember mildly as I didn't think to write things down until near the end was Lasch and Roe were on the same line though I can't remember who their third line mate was. They were working out with five lines of Forwards and four pairings of Defense. Which means that either one person wasn't at practice of I didn't notice the extra D or F skating around. I'm thinking one of the D wasn't in.

Women play in 10 days which should be interesting to see how Nixon takes to being the #1 goalie for the women or if one of the two freshman can steal it away from her.

I am very disapointed in your review of their first practice. What do you mean you didn't write down lines? What were you doing the whole time? ;)

On a side note. How do you have time to go sit and watch a practice? Shouldn't you be studying or out getting drunk and laid like every other college student? ;D
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 18 Sep 2008, 15:27

scsutommyboy wrote: [quote author=LadyHusky17 link=1206908057/150#170 date=1221688686]Feels like it's very close to hockey season already to me, of course hockey fixes are easier to come by with my class schedule.

Of the freshmen, nobody totally stood out during it. Granted I can hardly remember  which ones which when I feel like I have to keep an eye out for the odd puck that makes if over the netting on the practice rink which was a good 10-20 a few of which were batted away by each goalie that took up the position in net.

I am very disapointed in your review of their first practice.  What do you mean you didn't write down lines?  What were you doing the whole time?  ;)

On a side note.  How do you have time to go sit and watch a practice?  Shouldn't you be studying or out getting drunk and laid like every other college student? ;D

[/quote]

Why should she do anything you didn't do? (besides the getting drunk) ;) ;D
LadyHusky17
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 18 Sep 2008, 22:41

scsutommyboy wrote: [quote author=LadyHusky17 link=1206908057/150#170 date=1221688686]Feels like it's very close to hockey season already to me, of course hockey fixes are easier to come by with my class schedule.

I am very disapointed in your review of their first practice.  What do you mean you didn't write down lines?  What were you doing the whole time?  ;)

[/quote]

Keeping an eye out for flying pucks. They're always trying to make sure I'm still awake out there.

On a side note.  How do you have time to go sit and watch a practice?  Shouldn't you be studying or out getting drunk and laid like every other college student? ;D

When they're not hurling pucks at my head I try to study at the same time as watch... not that I have much to study, I'm a part time student, 2 classes a semester and they're placed so they don't interfere with watching hockey games for either team, thus I make most practices quite easily if I want. As for getting drunk. little too early for me to be doing any such thing even if I was a drinker. I've had bottles of wine in my fridge that were two or more years old since I last touched them to drink... granted I found that I have little taste for wine, same goes for beer. Plus the prices at the bars, I don't even want to think about it unless I can find some friends of mine who are bar hoppers. I'm the weird college student who managed to make great friends with some people before finding out they never go out to the bars even though they are of age. ::)

Rookie
2nd Line

Unread post 19 Sep 2008, 10:45

I think there are still a few accountants going through TB's receipts to see what he spent more money on during his 7 year attempt at earning a Bachelor's degree: tuition, booze, or cigarettes.

;D
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 19 Sep 2008, 11:51

I really hope Lasch and Roe are on seperate lines, I don't like the idea of concentrating our offense so much.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
scsuhuskyfan
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 21 Sep 2008, 10:39

Seventeen days till we kick the University of British Columbia's azz!

LadyHusky17
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 21 Sep 2008, 23:17

Rabid_Husky wrote: I really hope Lasch and Roe are on seperate lines, I don't like the idea of concentrating our offense so much.

I'm not too sure you'll have to worry about it much. These preseason practices that the coaches are allowed to be at have a tendency to not be the final line up at the beginning of the season. We'll see if they have another one some time this week and they will probably change the pairings slightly.

scsuhuskyfan
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 21 Sep 2008, 23:31

LadyHusky17 wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1206908057/175#175 date=1221843108]I really hope Lasch and Roe are on seperate lines, I don't like the idea of concentrating our offense so much.

I'm not too sure you'll have to worry about it much. These preseason practices that the coaches are allowed to be at have a tendency to not be the final line up at the beginning of the season.  We'll see if they have another one some time this week and they will probably change the pairings slightly.[/quote]

I'd Love to see one of the freshman play one of the top 2 lines.

Something like this maybe???

Christian/Festler/Leblanc-Roe-Swanson

Mosey-Marvin-Lasch
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 22 Sep 2008, 00:10

I'd be shocked if one of the freshman wasn't on the top 2 lines.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle