Tech Huskies vs Our Huskies:  15 drink minimum

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 20 Feb 2008, 01:10

According to the Sioux Calculator & Boomer's picks:

1. CC 40

2. UND 38

3. Denver 35

4. Mankato 29

5. UW 28

5. SCSU 28

7. UMD 25

8. U of M 24

9. Tech 21

10. UAA 12

Yowzers!! Wisco and SCSU tied for 5th?? Tie breaker stuff may be needed to decide home ice.

Who'd a thunk the Sioux would come up with such a cool guessing tool? I would have bet on Mich. Tech.
Husky_Fan_Roy
1st Line

Unread post 21 Feb 2008, 21:06

I know Michigan Tech sucks. But do they swallow? :o :-? ;)
TRITT22
1st Line

Unread post 23 Feb 2008, 10:31

One of the better all-around games I've seen the Huskies play in a while. I expect Tech will try to be very physical tonight. Hopefully it will result on numerous PP opportunities.
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 23 Feb 2008, 11:15

As long as they keep their cool and don't retaliate. Motzko liked the fact they were physical but was not happy about the all the penalties. But we've shown, especially against Tech, that our PP is lethal.

Jase has been amazing the last 3 games, something definitely clicked with that kid, he's saved 80 of 83 shots in those 3 games. We may have found our starter, but I think Dunn plays tonight as Motzko has said Dunn would get back in there and with UW and UND upcoming, now would be the time, and I think Tech plays Nolan tonight, and we pretty much own him.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
kidrob
3rd Line

Unread post 23 Feb 2008, 11:30

Rabid_Husky wrote: As long as they keep their cool and don't retaliate. Motzko liked the fact they were physical but was not happy about the all the penalties. But we've shown, especially against Tech, that our PP is lethal.

Jase has been amazing the last 3 games, something definitely clicked with that kid, he's saved 80 of 83 shots in those 3 games. We may have found our starter, but I think Dunn plays tonight as Motzko has said Dunn would get back in there and with UW and UND upcoming, now would be the time, and I think Tech plays Nolan tonight, and we pretty much own him.

Weslosky I guarantee will start. There's no time to experiment this type of year. We need these points mucho grande and why bench a kid who is putting up Bobby-like numbers?

Nodl-Roe-Swanson line could easily be the best line in college hockey.
TRITT22
1st Line

Unread post 23 Feb 2008, 11:41

I agree Weslosky will start tonight. He has put together a nice little run and with UND and Wisc coming up, two points are a must tonight.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 23 Feb 2008, 11:59

Rabid_Husky wrote: As long as they keep their cool and don't retaliate. Motzko liked the fact they were physical but was not happy about the all the penalties. But we've shown, especially against Tech, that our PP is lethal.

If motzko plays Dunn he should be slapped up side the F#cking Head! You do not F#CK with a hot goalie by sitting him for no reason. >:(
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 23 Feb 2008, 12:01

kidrob wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1203248238/0#18 date=1203783334]As long as they keep their cool and don't retaliate. Motzko liked the fact they were physical but was not happy about the all the penalties. But we've shown, especially against Tech, that our PP is lethal.

Weslosky I guarantee will start. There's no time to experiment this type of year. We need these points mucho grande and why bench a kid who is putting up Bobby-like numbers?

Nodl-Roe-Swanson line could easily be the best line in college hockey.[/quote]

Nodl-Roe-Swanson line gives me a chubby every time they are on the ice. :o
kidrob
3rd Line

Unread post 23 Feb 2008, 12:57

Question for anyone who was at the game last night too....Who did they keep showing on the scoreboard that was sitting in the press box?

Someone said Parrish was at the game, but it almost looked like Borer. anyone know for sure?
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 23 Feb 2008, 15:51

scsutommyboy wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1203248238/0#18 date=1203783334]As long as they keep their cool and don't retaliate. Motzko liked the fact they were physical but was not happy about the all the penalties. But we've shown, especially against Tech, that our PP is lethal.

If motzko plays Dunn he should be slapped up side the F#cking Head!  You do not F#CK with a hot goalie by sitting him for no reason. >:(

[/quote]

I don't think it would be **** with him. I'm sure he's said to both of them that Dunn would get back in there at some point, heck maybe that's the motivation for Jase at this point.

He's played well no doubt and it wouldn't be for no reason. Hell most of us a few weeks ago suspected there would be a rotation the rest of the way because neither goalie had stepped up to take the job, Jase now has and that's great.

To me it doesn't matter who's in there right now, everyone is playing well, so I won't be bothered either way.

It doesn't have to be taken as a bad thing, it could very well be, "hey you've been great why don't you have a night off, rest up and get ready to be the man the rest of the year."
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 23 Feb 2008, 15:52

kidrob wrote: Question for anyone who was at the game last night too....Who did they keep showing on the scoreboard that was sitting in the press box?

Someone said Parrish was at the game, but it almost looked like Borer. anyone know for sure?
Wasn't Borer, he was playing for Albany last night
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 23 Feb 2008, 17:10

It was Weldie--the guy that usually has the ref gear and gets all sorts of "air time" on the screen!! I thought it was great--obviously Weldie was working, but STILL got air time!

He's becoming a freaking legend among NHC fans. . . :o
LadyHusky17
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 24 Feb 2008, 00:29

Boomer wrote: It was Weldie--the guy that usually has the ref gear and gets all sorts of "air time" on the screen!! I thought it was great--obviously Weldie was working, but STILL got air time!

He's becoming a freaking legend among NHC fans. . . :o

Yeah, too bad he's graduating this semester. Weldie is well loved in the Pound and will be missed for his constant yelling while not being drunk (says he can't comprehend any insults to yell when he is most of the time); he's just that crazy ;D
Come to SCSU! Get whip-Lasch! -LadyHusky17

Did I mention I'm a bad speller? -LadyHusky17