Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Potential Recruits

Potential Recruits

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 18 Jun 2007, 09:53

Well, the 2007-2008 Recruits thread seems rather pointless now, so I'm starting this thread to be more permanent.  I realize I'm probably one of the few who likes to speculate about these things, so if you don't like it, suck it!

Anyway, the last offseason event to wrap up was Model Camp.  Apparently, Team #9 (featuring local defenseman Izaak Berglund from Little Falls) went undefeated.  Other players of interest include:  SCSU recruits Nick Oliver and Jared Festler; St. Cloud Tech defenseman Gus Miller; St. Cloud Tech forward Jared Maetche; Little Falls forwards Ben Hanowski, Riley Hirsch, and Ben Nelson; and Little Falls goalie Michael Sperl.

Going on right now is the regional Select 15 camp, including locals Andy Worzala and Austin Guggenburger of Sartell and Alex Koopmeiners of St. Cloud Cathedral.

Next up is National Select 16s which will feature SCSU recruit Nick Oliver, as well as locals Izaak Berglund, Nate Schmidt, and Jared Maetche.

That's all  I've got right now.  Anybody else have some good info?
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Skeeterman » 18 Jun 2007, 10:15

Where would there be a schedule for the Select 15 regional deal here in St. Cloud?

Get a boner.
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 18 Jun 2007, 10:27

Skeeterman wrote: Where would there be a schedule for the Select 15 regional deal here in St. Cloud?

http://www.minnesotahockey.org/assorted/Adv%2015%20Summer%20Festival%20Game%20Schedule.pdf

Are you going to scout it for us Skeeter?

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Skeeterman » 18 Jun 2007, 13:27

I'll certainly get over there to do some scouting. Mostly I'd be scouting for MILF.
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Skeeterman » 19 Jun 2007, 09:10

Select 15 report: Teal vs. Grey. Teal is a much nicer color. Teal 2, grey 1, midway through second half.

MILF=2 SILF=1 (scorekeeper)

More to come
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Skeeterman » 20 Jun 2007, 07:25

Select 15 report: MILF= 7 GILF=5

Red team vs. Blue, red wins, even though blue is a better color. Some guys were better than others.

Red-3 Blue-2
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Skeeterman » 21 Jun 2007, 15:06

Select 15, 6-20-07

Red vs. Gold. REd=1, Gold=0 after one. Then I left.

MILF=several GILF= 3

I won't be able to make it tonight, so there will be no more in-depth scouting reports.
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 28 Jun 2007, 00:35

According to a USCHO article, Winger Luca Cunti is looking strongly at either us for Clarkson
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Red_Cloud » 01 Jul 2007, 09:01

Rabid_Husky wrote: According to a USCHO article, Winger Luca Cunti is looking strongly at either us for Clarkson

With a name like that he'd fit in pretty good at Clarkson
Red_Cloud
3rd Line

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 02 Jul 2007, 17:05

Locals Nate Schmidt and Jared Maetche (as well as Husky recruit Nick Oliver) will be wearing RED, WHITE, & BLUE for the next U17 tournament in Europe.  Congrats fellas, make our country proud!

http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Usahockey.aspx?NAV=NO&id=181286&USAHockeyType=ICE

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 03 Jul 2007, 11:55

Rabid_Husky wrote: According to a USCHO article, Winger Luca Cunti is looking strongly at either us for Clarkson

He's definately coming to this hemisphere, but wasn't taken in the recent CHL import draft, so it looks like it is indeed down to SCSU or Clarkson. I haven't found any news from Chicago of the USHL claiming that he'll be reporting, but it's a fair assumption that he'll be playing there next season.

If he becomes a Husky, he'd be SCSU's only skater taken in the 2007 draft.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 05 Jul 2007, 08:01

The_Exiled_One wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1182178387/0#7 date=1183008903]According to a USCHO article, Winger Luca Cunti is looking strongly at either us for Clarkson

He's definately coming to this hemisphere, but wasn't taken in the recent CHL import draft, so it looks like it is indeed down to SCSU or Clarkson.  I haven't found any news from Chicago of the USHL claiming that he'll be reporting, but it's a fair assumption that he'll be playing there next season.

If he becomes a Husky, he'd be SCSU's only skater taken in the 2007 draft.[/quote]

He is on Chicago's protected list, so you would think he would be playing there this year. Even if he wanted to play for SCSU in 07'-08', I doubt Motzko has any money left to offer him.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 05 Jul 2007, 08:16

Next big event is the Select 17 camp.  It starts Sunday July 8th at the NHC.  Any Husky fans attending should keep an eye out for locals Ben Hanowski from Little Falls, Drew Olson from Brainerd, as well as Shattuck's Luke Greiner and (just in case) Tyler Landman from Roseau.  I don't have any special info on Landman, but as the available 17's start dropping off, I think the odds of SCSU landing a recruit like Tyler go up.  And considering the commitment of the coaches kid, I'm sure Motz & Ko. have made overtures to all the potenial Rams recruits.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 05 Jul 2007, 11:53

The_Exiled_One wrote: Next big event is the Select 17 camp.  It starts Sunday July 8th at the NHC.  Any Husky fans attending should keep an eye out for locals Ben Hanowski from Little Falls, Drew Olson from Brainerd, as well as Shattuck's Luke Greiner and (just in case) Tyler Landman from Roseau.  I don't have any special info on Landman, but as the available 17's start dropping off, I think the odds of SCSU landing a recruit like Tyler go up.  And considering the commitment of the coaches kid, I'm sure Motz & Ko. have made overtures to all the potenial Rams recruits.

What is the birth date cut off for the select 17 festival?
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 05 Jul 2007, 12:36

scsutommyboy wrote: [quote author=The_Exiled_One link=1182178387/0#12 date=1183641414]Next big event is the Select 17 camp.  It starts Sunday July 8th at the NHC.  Any Husky fans attending should keep an eye out for locals Ben Hanowski from Little Falls, Drew Olson from Brainerd, as well as Shattuck's Luke Greiner and (just in case) Tyler Landman from Roseau.  I don't have any special info on Landman, but as the available 17's start dropping off, I think the odds of SCSU landing a recruit like Tyler go up.  And considering the commitment of the coaches kid, I'm sure Motz & Ko. have made overtures to all the potenial Rams recruits.

What is the birth date cut off for the select 17 festival?  [/quote]
They should all be '90 birthdates.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Next

Return to Men's Hockey