Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Potential Recruits

Potential Recruits

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Potential Recruits

Unread postby pjoyn » 16 Jul 2007, 16:41

bert wrote: [quote author=pjoyn link=1182178387/25#27 date=1184553499]When I saw that he chose St. Cloud, all I could think about is Arnason.  Someone with a load of talent, but poor work ethic.  The more I read about him, it is not about work ethic, but rather team attitude.  I think this is a great pick-up for St. Cloud State and possibly the blue-chipper that could push this team over the top.  If Bob & Co. can merge his skill with a "team-first" attitude, they could really have something special.  If not, they will just have wasted a one year scholarship at the most.  

When you hear about draft picks, it is always a crap shoot.  If Cunti really has the skill set he does, it is hard not to envision a player in an Ovechkin or Crosby mold.  I know that is a bit of a stretch, but those players were top 10's in their draft years and made the NHL right away.  Cunti could have that skill set and with the proper guidance and discipline, he could be even more.  

A faithful Husky fan could dream.   ;)

Over the top of what?   ;D :D ;)[/quote]

Apparently, over the top of a crack pipe, isn't that what Hammy said?
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 24 Jul 2007, 12:00

Not completely out of left field, one of the better remaining '89s in the state committs to SCSU...

Bryce Ravndalen
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Bursk » 25 Jul 2007, 13:32

This could turn into a very nice pickup for the Huskies.

I went to two Warroad games during the State Tournament to check out Aaron Marvin. I remember Ravndalen catching my eye right away. Two words came to mind....Rink Rat. Hopefully he can add a few inches and some muscle but the kid obviously has a ton of "rink sense" that you don't learn in camps or playing on select teams.

Recruiting continues to look good on offense. We need to get some high end blueliners committed. Here's hoping our next verbal is a St. Cloud area defenseman.

Huskie Hockey: Central Minnesota & Section 8's pride on Ice
Bursk
Redshirt

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 27 Jul 2007, 16:07

Wishlist (Minnesotans Edition)

D - Nate Schmidt

F - Zach Budish

F - Tyler Landman

F - Jared Maetche

G - Aaron Crandall

F - Luke Grenier

D - Matt Crandell

D - Nick Leddy

F - Ben Hanowski

D - Drew Olson

D - Izaak Berglund

This is kind of in order. I think the Huskies probably have a realistic shot of landing any of these guys, though I don't know that the coaching staff is fully aware of how open Budish is to coming to SCSU (from what I've heard). Maybe he doesn't fit Motzko's style, but I know the goofers and the sue both have visits scheduled with him. I'm probably too high on the kid, but I'd still like to see some effort put towards signing him.

What do you all think?

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby huskies18 » 27 Jul 2007, 18:31

Buddish is easily one of the top 91 birthdates in North America.
huskies18
3rd Line

Potential Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 29 Jul 2007, 22:39

Didn't his Mom and dad both go to school at Minnesota? If so, I doubt the Huskies ahve a chance unless the goofers offer a lot less schollie.
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 29 Jul 2007, 23:00

Ok, So i jsut read the article on Festler and his former coach is a jerk. How could you just walk away from a kid when he tells you he is leaving? I know he told the times he has done a lot of great things for the program, but High school coaches are suppose to be above those type of selfish actions. How about shaking his hand and telling him good luck?
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 30 Jul 2007, 12:44

scsutommyboy wrote: Didn't his Mom and dad both go to school at Minnesota?  If so, I doubt the Huskies ahve a chance unless the goofers offer a lot less schollie.

I understand he's good friends with a current Husky recruit as well as a local defenseman who is also on my wishlist. He might want to get away from home for college, though I'm sure his parents would prefer the U. Also, you might want to find out his opinions on SCSU's, UND's, and UMN's coaching staff. Maybe he believes (as I do) that Motzko is a better coach?

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 30 Jul 2007, 17:57

Don't let Gopher fans hear you say Motzko is a better coach. :) ;)
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby scsutommyboy » 31 Jul 2007, 08:03

The_Exiled_One wrote: [quote author=scsutommyboy link=1182178387/25#35 date=1185766767]Didn't his Mom and dad both go to school at Minnesota?  If so, I doubt the Huskies ahve a chance unless the goofers offer a lot less schollie.

I understand he's good friends with a current Husky recruit as well as a local defenseman who is also on my wishlist.  He might want to get away from home for college, though I'm sure his parents would prefer the U.  Also, you might want to find out his opinions on SCSU's, UND's, and UMN's coaching staff.  Maybe he believes (as I do) that Motzko is a better coach?[/quote]

I like the fact that guys like this list SCSU as a possible place to play. If Motzko lands this kid will have stolen him from under Lucia's nose. Win or lose on this kid it sure looks like the future is bright for our program.

In Bob we trust!!!
scsutommyboy
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 31 Jul 2007, 09:50

Rabid_Husky wrote: Don't let Gopher fans hear you say Motzko is a better coach.  :) ;)

Remind me again what Motzko's record against the goofers is? ;D

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby pjoyn » 31 Jul 2007, 10:22

The_Exiled_One wrote: [quote author=Rabid_Husky link=1182178387/25#38 date=1185836225]Don't let Gopher fans hear you say Motzko is a better coach.  :) ;)

Remind me again what Motzko's record against the goofers is? ;D[/quote]

You guys better keep these ideas to yourself. The Gopher "lurkers" will take all of this crazy talk of landing prize recruits and Motzko being a better coach than Lucia back to their Mickey Mouse club and accuse you of smoking crack. ;) ;D
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby cardinal0512 » 01 Aug 2007, 08:09

I'm glad SCSU fans still look at how their team does against UM as a measuring stick to determine success. The more things change...

I don't think many Gopher fans are losing sleep when it comes to Motzko out-recruiting Lucia. But, if many of you think like Kevin Allenspach and consider the Bryce Ravndalens of the world "blue chip recruits," as he noted in an article last week, then I guess Lucia should put in his papers ASAP.
cardinal0512
Redshirt

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 01 Aug 2007, 10:15

cardinal0512 wrote: I'm glad SCSU fans still look at how their team does against UM as a measuring stick to determine success.  The more things change...

Somebody get me the needle-nose-pliers, this one swallowed the hook!

I originally wasn't going to reply to Rabid's post, and I don't actually consider the interteam record as a reputable measuring stick, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to bait the rodent fans. This was the response I was expecting... thanks.

cardinal0512 wrote: I don't think many Gopher fans are losing sleep when it comes to Motzko out-recruiting Lucia.  But, if many of you think like Kevin Allenspach and consider the Bryce Ravndalens of the world "blue chip recruits," as he noted in an article last week, then I guess Lucia should put in his papers ASAP.

Can't speak for everybody, but I personally don't consider anybody 5'6" coming in as a 20-year-old freshman a "blue chip recruit". He should be a fine contibutor to the team though.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 01 Aug 2007, 12:05

Based (mostly) on stats, I've added a couple of '92s...

Wishlist (Minnesotans Edition)  

D - Nate Schmidt (St. Cloud Cathedral)

F - Zach Budish (Edina)

F - Tyler Landman (Roseau)

F - Emerson Etem (Shattuck)

F - Jared Maetche (St. Cloud Tech)

G - Aaron Crandall (St. Thomas Academy to Green Bay USHL)

F - Luke Grenier (Shattuck)

D - Matt Crandell (St. Cloud Cathedral to Sioux City USHL)

D - Nick Leddy (Eden Prairie)

F - Ben Hanowski (Little Falls)

D - Drew Olson (Brainerd)

D - Andrew Pitts (Brooklyn Park)

D - Izaak Berglund (Little Falls)

Etem might quickly rise out of SCSU's league, but maybe SCSU can offer him a full ride early and land a player likely to make the USNTDP with a shot to wind up a high draft pick.  It would be a gamble of course, but that's something Motzko and Rud have shown they're not afraid of.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hockey