Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Potential Recruits

Potential Recruits

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!

Re: Potential Recruits

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 28 Aug 2018, 13:17

Nick Perbix's brother Jack decommitted from Notre Dame. He's probably going to Minnesota though.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 31 Aug 2018, 09:39

SCSU has been doing a lot of gambling with young recruits lately. Though as far as I can tell, they've still never committed a 14 year old. I think they're depending on Gibby's famous talent scouting ability. I hope it's as good as usual.

So the blueline is already pretty full for a couple years down the road, but the big senior class this year will leave a hole or two for next season. In goal, they'll need a partial scholarship goalie to backup Hrenak next season. They MIGHT be all set up front, but I have a hunch that two of the four on my list will NOT be on the roster next season. I definitely expect the Huskies to continue recruiting forwards hard for the next few months. I do NOT expect them to pick up any of Bob's castoffs. I think they'll most likely watch the junior ranks closely and find some late bloomers emerging early in the season.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby FalcoBro8 » 23 Nov 2018, 14:59

Looks like Ryder Donovan has decommitted from North Dakota, wonder if there's interest in him. Would probably be a guy who would want to come in next year.
FalcoBro8
1st Line

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 25 Nov 2018, 01:12

FalcoBro8 wrote:Looks like Ryder Donovan has decommitted from North Dakota, wonder if there's interest in him. Would probably be a guy who would want to come in next year.

Interesting. Looks like he and Bushy and Ziemer all started following each other recently as well. Hmmmmm

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby hockeypuck » 26 Nov 2018, 10:50

stateofhockey.com
TOP 75 PLAYERS IN MINNESOTA BOYS’ HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY (2018-19)
As selected by Let's Play Hockey staff

11/21/2018, 11:45am CST By Let's Play Hockey
Celebrating 75 years of the state HS hockey tournament with this season’s top 75 players

I counted 30 players not committed. 2- N. Mich, Mich Tech, Omaha: 3- Wis, Ariz St: 4 - SCSU: 5 - UMD, CC: 14 - U of M
hockeypuck
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 27 Nov 2018, 01:22

I don’t think the Huskies have ever picked up a blue chip recruit at the peak of his value. Our first rounders committed well before people thought they would be first rounders. There are two right now to keep an eye on, but I doubt we’ll get either. Ryder Donovan from Duluth East just decommitted from UND. Also, Finnish forward Marcus Kallionkieli is tearing up the USHL playing with Sioux City. It’ll be interesting to see where these guys land.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 27 Nov 2018, 14:00

Another fairly high-profile decommittment...

https://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/statu ... 6615171073

Spencer Cox is a senior defenseman for Culver Academy and Fargo Force owns his USHL rights. Not a "can't miss" type of player, but certainly a solid D1 prospect.

Problem is, Huskies have a hole in the roster for a defenseman next season but are pretty full up after that, so Cox isn't a great fit. A walk-on would probably suffice.

As for forward, we technically have enough bodies for next season, but Enebak and Ward are likely to be cut loose if they haven't been already. Baker and Molenaar probably need a bit more seasoning. Krannila and Okabe should be ready to play. I think they'll need 1-2 forwards for next season. If they get one good one, I think they'll bring in Molenaar for the other spot.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby FalcoBro8 » 27 Nov 2018, 17:51

The_Exiled_One wrote:I don’t think the Huskies have ever picked up a blue chip recruit at the peak of his value. Our first rounders committed well before people thought they would be first rounders. There are two right now to keep an eye on, but I doubt we’ll get either. Ryder Donovan from Duluth East just decommitted from UND. Also, Finnish forward Marcus Kallionkieli is tearing up the USHL playing with Sioux City. It’ll be interesting to see where these guys land.

Would be a hell of a pull by Larson and staff if they can bring in either one of those two as they seem to be two of the most coveted uncommitted players on the market for next year yet possibly.

As far as Enebek and Ward, they just don't seem to be developing as expected and I understand that you need role players and whatnot but im not so sure that those 2 would be able to handle the transition to D1 hockey, seems as though the transition from high school to juniors has been a struggle enough.
FalcoBro8
1st Line

Unread postby FalcoBro8 » 11 Dec 2018, 22:52

Mike Gibbons was at the St Cloud Cathedral/Alexandria game tonight. Also saw former assistant coach Garrett Raboin there as well who was most likely watching Nate Warner.
FalcoBro8
1st Line

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 12 Dec 2018, 11:38

FalcoBro8 wrote:Mike Gibbons was at the St Cloud Cathedral/Alexandria game tonight. Also saw former assistant coach Garrett Raboin there as well who was most likely watching Nate Warner.

Not sure if there's anybody worth focusing on from the Alexandria roster, but Blake Perbix from St. Cloud Cathedral is still uncommitted. He's Nick and Jack's cousin. I have no doubt he's being recruited by both schools.

As for Cathedral kids in general, I have no faith. Schmidt, Poganski, Nate Warner, and Mack Motzko all claimed to be Husky fans only to stab us in the back. Forget them all.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby TRITT22 » 12 Dec 2018, 11:40

FalcoBro8 wrote:Mike Gibbons was at the St Cloud Cathedral/Alexandria game tonight. Also saw former assistant coach Garrett Raboin there as well who was most likely watching Nate Warner.

I think it's more likely they were watching Jon Bell and his defensive partner, Reid Bogenholm.
TRITT22
1st Line

Previous

Return to Men's Hockey