Potential Recruits

Discuss the future NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Champions here!
FalcoBro8
1st Line

Unread post 17 Mar 2014, 17:32

The_Exiled_One wrote:
FalcoBro8 wrote:Jake Wahlin decommitted from UMASS, what are the odds of seeing him here? Kid was electric as a junior at White Bear Lake last year.
Probably headed to the Bulldogs.
Sandelin gets another one it looks like.
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 18 Mar 2014, 12:22

Story in the Times today on Hammer says he's practicing with Aberdeen (NAHL) but may not play with them as they only have 4 games left and he isn't eligible for the playoffs. Also says he has been contacted by UMD & UND as well as us.
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 18 Mar 2014, 13:34

Rabid_Husky wrote:Also says he has been contacted by UMD & UND as well as us.
Which makes me think that, if he goes with one of those two schools, SCSU probably never offered. Good luck to Mr. Hammer, whatever his future holds.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
FalcoBro8
1st Line

Unread post 18 Mar 2014, 18:08

The_Exiled_One wrote:
Rabid_Husky wrote:Also says he has been contacted by UMD & UND as well as us.
Which makes me think that, if he goes with one of those two schools, SCSU probably never offered. Good luck to Mr. Hammer, whatever his future holds.
Its been said here before but I think with the right players around him he can put up some solid numbers in juniors, he is a solid centerman who wins lots of draws although its only high school, the defensive side of the game can be learned and taught once the system is put into place.
ts8801
3rd Line

Unread post 20 Mar 2014, 19:48

The_Exiled_One wrote:
Husky4Life wrote:Wolf to UMD. CRAP
He's been leaning that way for a while. I don't know if SCSU was even recruiting him.
I work with his Dad and from what he had said to me he was leaning heavily towards UMD for a long while now.
Husky4Life
1st Line

Unread post 24 Mar 2014, 11:23

Can never fault or get mad at a kid for going to where he wants. Good for him.
"SCSU Hockey-Future Multiple National Championship Winners!"
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 04 Apr 2014, 14:12

FalcoBro8 wrote:
The_Exiled_One wrote: Probably headed to the Bulldogs.
Sandelin gets another one it looks like.
Looks like we may have jumped the gun on this one. A couple of people are now mentioning that SCSU is in the mix for Jake's services. I imagine the family would like whichever school to pick up Brandon as well. (Also cryptically mentioned: a B1G school other than Minnesota.)

I have no idea if Jake will be the stud everybody hopes he'll be, but right now he's standing at the top of Hype Hill. It'd be good for SCSU to land him simply for building the reputation of being a destination for top recruits. However, I won't be overly concerned if somebody else lands him instead.

~ Nic Dowd
FalcoBro8
1st Line

Unread post 04 Apr 2014, 15:15

The_Exiled_One wrote:
FalcoBro8 wrote: Sandelin gets another one it looks like.
Looks like we may have jumped the gun on this one. A couple of people are now mentioning that SCSU is in the mix for Jake's services. I imagine the family would like whichever school to pick up Brandon as well. (Also cryptically mentioned: a B1G school other than Minnesota.)

I have no idea if Jake will be the stud everybody hopes he'll be, but right now he's standing at the top of Hype Hill. It'd be good for SCSU to land him simply for building the reputation of being a destination for top recruits. However, I won't be overly concerned if somebody else lands him instead.
Came here to post this after reading it on the high school forum, it sounds like some people with the inside scoop are saying hes legitimately considering State, if he does come here he would be one of the bigger names we have gotten in quite a few years simply based on hype alone. And like you said TEO, to show other teams that we are a threat to pick up some big time talent would be nice as well.
Husky4Life
1st Line

Unread post 09 Apr 2014, 11:03

FalcoBro8 wrote:
The_Exiled_One wrote: Looks like we may have jumped the gun on this one. A couple of people are now mentioning that SCSU is in the mix for Jake's services. I imagine the family would like whichever school to pick up Brandon as well. (Also cryptically mentioned: a B1G school other than Minnesota.)

Came here to post this after reading it on the high school forum, it sounds like some people with the inside scoop are saying hes legitimately considering State, if he does come here he would be one of the bigger names we have gotten in quite a few years simply based on hype alone. And like you said TEO, to show other teams that we are a threat to pick up some big time talent would be nice as well.
Link?

Any more word on this?
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 09 Apr 2014, 12:17

Husky4Life wrote:Link?

Any more word on this?
http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 487#656487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nothing new since this.

~ Nic Dowd
Husky4Life
1st Line

Unread post 09 Apr 2014, 13:18

Well, hopefully it happens. Good hockey player.
FalcoBro8
1st Line

Unread post 09 Apr 2014, 19:15

Husky4Life wrote:Well, hopefully it happens. Good hockey player.
Agreed, a very dynamic player who very well could be a 4 year guy too should he choose to come here.
Husky4Life
1st Line

Unread post 13 Apr 2014, 23:18

It happened! In Bob we trust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 23 Apr 2014, 23:34

Harvard lost a couple blue liners: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2 ... to_and.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 24 Apr 2014, 09:44

mdneilson wrote:Harvard lost a couple blue liners: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2 ... to_and.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interesting. Fortunato is a bona-fide blue chipper, but I would suspect he'd be looking to stay out east. He's probably a QMJHL target as well.

Adam Plant looks decent enough, but he's not an upgrade over any of our current defensive recruits.

~ Nic Dowd