Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Week 2

Week 2

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

Week 2

Unread postby HockeyBum » 16 Jan 2005, 21:30

Jackalopes 8

USHockey.com 3

Ankle Benders 6

Stickmen 3

Rubes 4

Wolves 2

I'm not positive about the Stickmen score, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't see most of the third period, but it looked to be a fairly even game through the first two periods. I think the Ankle Benders brought a few of their ringers back. #24 and #22 weren't on the team last session, but they were there 2 sessions ago.

The Rubes played a great defensive game last night against a very tough Wolves team. The Wolves have a much deeper bench this session. Someone (Bacardio?) was saying that they might have picked up a player or two from Old School. Anyway, it was a nice win for the Rubes.

HockeyBum
1st Line

Week 2

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 17 Jan 2005, 05:22

It looks like we dominated, but we've still got a lot of inexperience on the team. Jason and Ben scored at least 5 of our 8 goals if that says anything.

Thanks for the jersey Jeremy (Chris too). Carl and Doug, I'll still take yours if I can. I promiss I'll return them after we get our custom jersies made. Can I pick them up after your game next week?
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Week 2

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 17 Jan 2005, 05:45

we could have stuck with the ankle benders and prolly won but 2 really bad passes (one made by me) gave the anklebenders wide open **** from like 7 feet out so they could pick there spots, and the final goal was hit in by myself.

i dont really know what to say about the game cuz its not like anyone played bad and its not like the other team was any better then us, i think i noticed we lost our legs in the third and i heard others mention it as well...we also have like no breakout at all, and our goalie is a fricken sieve

ninja edit - usahockey.com is prolly the worst team ive ever seen in my life, it would actually have been a really close tight battle between afe (1st session) and usahockey. if we dont shutout, itll be a bad dissapointment
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Week 2

Unread postby Husky1 » 17 Jan 2005, 06:50

The_Exiled_One wrote: It looks like we dominated, but we've still got a lot of inexperience on the team. Jason and Ben scored at least 5 of our 8 goals if that says anything.

Thanks for the jersey Jeremy (Chris too). Carl and Doug, I'll still take yours if I can. I promiss I'll return them after we get our custom jersies made. Can I pick them up after your game next week?

Tracy,

I gave my #11 to Mike right when you guys were warming up. He brought it out to the guy who was wearing the old A4E jersey and he switched. I don't know who it was other than to say it was the little guy. So I don't have any more jerseys to give.

Nick is right that we lost our legs in the third. We could definitely use a practice/scrimmage to work on positioning. Chris is big on the idea of a practice or scrimmage and I tend to agree. Hopefully we can convince enough people to show up to make it worth it.

I don't know what it is about the Ankle Benders, but they always manage to find the biggest collection of jerks to play on their team. #19 was the chief offender last night but that group as a whole is full of sore winners/losers. And yes, they brought back a few of their ringers. Apparently mediocrity was too much for their fragile egos to take.

That said, we could've won the game if not for a few mistakes. It would definitely help to get the whole team to show up for a game for once. Once again we were short two of our better players (at least based on what i've heard about them) and we lost a third when Ben got kicked out about 5 seconds into the game.

Next week we get the Snowmen, which should be a little easier. Hopefully we can pull that out, since this team could sure use a win to gain some confidence.
Husky1
1st Line

Week 2

Unread postby HockeyBum » 18 Jan 2005, 00:18

Carl & anyone else on the Stickmen:

I'm trying to put together an icetime for Wednesday, January 26th... 10:15 - 11:45 PM at Tartan Arena. Right now we have 17 skaters signed up on POI.com. I'd like to have one to three more skaters sign up before I put down a deposit on the ice. Are any of you interested in playing? Carl? Greg? Chris? Ben? Anyone?

Let me know.... soon.
HockeyBum
1st Line

Week 2

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 18 Jan 2005, 00:33

Husky1 wrote:

I gave my #11 to Mike right when you guys were warming up. He brought it out to the guy who was wearing the old A4E jersey and he switched. I don't know who it was other than to say it was the little guy.  So I don't have any more jerseys to give.

In that case, thanks! Good luck next week. I'll make sure to watch the final minutes of your game after I suit up.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Week 2

Unread postby HockeyBum » 18 Jan 2005, 02:46

The_Exiled_One wrote: Thanks for the jersey Jeremy (Chris too).  Carl and Doug, I'll still take yours if I can.  I promiss I'll return them after we get our custom jersies made.  Can I pick them up after your game next week?

Tracy,

Our teams play each other on Sunday. I'll give you my jersey before the game. I think I already gave up my other maroon A4E jersey last session. I want to make sure I get this one back since I no longer have a spare.
HockeyBum
1st Line

Week 2

Unread postby Husky1 » 18 Jan 2005, 20:35

HockeyBum wrote: Carl & anyone else on the Stickmen:

I'm trying to put together an icetime for Wednesday, January 26th... 10:15 - 11:45 PM at Tartan Arena.  Right now we have 17 skaters signed up on POI.com.  I'd like to have one to three more skaters sign up before I put down a deposit on the ice.  Are any of you interested in playing?  Carl?  Greg?  Chris?  Ben?  Anyone?

Let me know.... soon.

Doug,

I noticed you booked the ice already anyway, but i'm willing to skate. I'll sign up on POI.
Husky1
1st Line

Week 2

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 19 Jan 2005, 02:03

HockeyBum wrote:

Tracy,

Our teams play each other on Sunday.  I'll give you my jersey before the game.  I think I already gave up my other maroon A4E jersey last session.  I want to make sure I get this one back since I no longer have a spare.

Hay no problema! Muchas gracias!

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Return to Ice Times