Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

game 4

game 4

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

game 4

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 03 Oct 2006, 10:04

wow...so a couple of you watched part of our game, saw it was completely one sided right...well their goalie stepped up and had about 300 saves...at the start of the third it was 3-0, i had like maybe 4 saves, my half of the ice was still clean and fresh...

so here comes the start of the third...break away, breakaway, breakaway, breakaway...prolly like 5 of them...they get 3 goals out of it and tie it up...then a mess in front of the net, all their team of course, rip off like 5 shots in two seconds and they get the game winner with like a minute left...then an empty netter....

you can obviously have all the individual talent in the world, and it will mean nothing if u never ever pass the **** puck....

you guys and the team u played last night would destroy us...
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

game 4

Unread postby Husky1 » 03 Oct 2006, 11:19

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: wow...so a couple of you watched part of our game, saw it was completely one sided right...well their goalie stepped up and had about 300 saves...at the start of the third it was 3-0, i had like maybe 4 saves, my half of the ice was still clean and fresh...

so here comes the start of the third...break away, breakaway, breakaway, breakaway...prolly like 5 of them...they get 3 goals out of it and tie it up...then a mess in front of the net, all their team of course, rip off like 5 shots in two seconds and they get the game winner with like a minute left...then an empty netter....

you can obviously have all the individual talent in the world, and it will mean nothing if u never ever pass the **** puck....

you guys and the team u played last night would destroy us...

Well, can't say that I'm all that surprised. Our team can skate circles around most others but as you said does not know how to pass. If I had played I imagine I would've sat alone in front of their net all night and everyone else would have just attempted to deke out 4 guys to score by themselves versus throwing it out front and letting me hack away. It's unfortunate. Sounds like the D really let you down last night as well towards the end.

How did the Rubes do? Nick, did you say you were missing our game next week? Do we have a fill-in goalie?
Husky1
1st Line

game 4

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 03 Oct 2006, 12:27

yeah ill be in arizona

i dunno whose going to play goalie buit i told eharm to ask a couple people...ill let ya know
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

game 4

Unread postby HockeyBum » 03 Oct 2006, 13:41

Husky1 wrote: How did the Rubes do?

Rubes lost 5-3. We got down 3-0 in the first period and couldn't quite recover from it. They had one player who scored 3 of their goals and pretty much skated circles around everyone on our team. Oh well. Hopefully we can contain that guy when we play them again in November.
HockeyBum
1st Line

Return to Ice Times