Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Tigers Game 1

Tigers Game 1

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Husky1 » 10 Sep 2006, 10:48



Tigers (us) 18 (could have been 30+)

Warriors 2



Well, that was a joke. You know, I came into tonight thinking there would be a few new faces. As it turns out, Nick and my buddy Nate are the only people I know. The rest of the crew is made up of guys who could whoop up in the C league. I felt bad for the Warriors. It wasn't even fun.



I'm assuming Pilar will move us up to C if at all possible. Obviously that would be for the best considering I don't think there is a D team out there that could stay within 8 goals of us if everyone was playing full speed. Most of the guys gave up on this game after the first.



If we play our first C game and I get worked like I would expect to get worked in a higher league then I may have to re-evaluate my participation. Add to that the fact that I averaged one shift a period and it would be hard to enjoy myself out there too much.



I'm not going to quit on the team or ask for my money back or anything like that Nick, but if things continue the way they are and we end up in C then I might see if I can latch on to a D team out there. I think my buddy Nate is feeling the same way as well. The chances of me getting much ice time or getting passed to on this team are poor at best.



Rant over.
User avatar
Husky1
1st Line
 
Posts: 774
Joined: 21 Jan 2003, 06:35

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 10 Sep 2006, 11:30

carl, i appologize 100%, u know i wouldnt do this on purpose, after nick, scott and petey backed out, i had to tell a buddy to get 3 more people, then brad didnt even show up today nor did he call....



i felt like such a jackass out there, i hated it so much...i felt really bad for carl and nate cuz i know you didnt get to see the ice much, but you have to admit, that was the worst team we had ever faced, ever...their goalie was far worse then i think i ever was before i even bought pads...



we play the bandits next week, i think they won it last year didnt they? i guess we can see how that goes...ill talk to pilar as well....



i really **** this one up, i mean i had so many people back out on me from last session though that theres no way i could have feilded a team anyways, i didnt have many options but to tell eharm to get buddies...he **** me over though, he told the other people that we were going to play C league, so i hope they are all pissed at him for that, all along he knew we were playing D....like i new the people we were going to get would be okay, but its not even fun...



carl, like i said, i didnt do this on purpose, i didnt have many options and it turned out worse then i thought it would, i feel really really bad, trust me....feel free to PM me with concerns or say whatever u dont want to post....we can see what we can do...
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
User avatar
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: 18 Jan 2003, 15:58

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby pjoyn » 10 Sep 2006, 20:01

Wow, that sounds fun. I will be curious to see how Pilar handles you guys. What do you think the odds are they move you up?
User avatar
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: 16 Jan 2003, 18:51

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Husky1 » 10 Sep 2006, 20:44

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: carl, i appologize 100%, u know i wouldnt do this on purpose, after nick, scott and petey backed out, i had to tell a buddy to get 3 more people, then brad didnt even show up today nor did he call....



i felt like such a jackass out there, i hated it so much...i felt really bad for carl and nate cuz i know you didnt get to see the ice much, but you have to admit, that was the worst team we had ever faced, ever...their goalie was far worse then i think i ever was before i even bought pads...



we play the bandits next week, i think they won it last year didnt they? i guess we can see how that goes...ill talk to pilar as well....



i really **** this one up, i mean i had so many people back out on me from last session though that theres no way i could have feilded a team anyways, i didnt have many options but to tell eharm to get buddies...he **** me over though, he told the other people that we were going to play C league, so i hope they are all pissed at him for that, all along he knew we were playing D....like i new the people we were going to get would be okay, but its not even fun...



carl, like i said, i didnt do this on purpose, i didnt have many options and it turned out worse then i thought it would, i feel really really bad, trust me....feel free to PM me with concerns or say whatever u dont want to post....we can see what we can do...



Don't worry about it, Nick. I know you didn't do it on purpose. I admire your ability to even put a team together given the circumstances (people backing out, etc.). I imagine most of the guys on our squad were bored. I know whoever #4 is was complaining about the quality of the other team. We have played that team last night before when they were called the Mighty Northern. They were never good.



I remember the Bandits being a lot better than the Warriors, but I'm not sure that they'll be good enough to really give our team a run. The thing I worry about is if things start getting chippy because of the lopsided nature of our games.



Hopefully the ice time thing will get a little better since we probably won't have a full team that often the remainder of the year. It certainly couldn't get any worse.



I'll be interested to see how Pilar does handle us. If we end up staying in D then I think a lot of our own guys will get sick of playing. I think the team as currently constructed could win C league. As I mentioned before though I'm not sure if I would have any more fun in C. I hope that Eharm guy apologized to you. He sure was loud. I don't think I've ever heard someone talk that much.



Well, assuming we are still in D next week, I hope the Bandits can give us a little more of a run. Don't feel too bad, Nick, like I said I don't consider this to be your fault. I ain't mad at ya.
User avatar
Husky1
1st Line
 
Posts: 774
Joined: 21 Jan 2003, 06:35

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 10 Sep 2006, 21:00

holla...



hey carl, im going to pm u the email i sent to pilar, let me know what u think...for those who played that usa hockey team D league had a couple sessions ago, this team was worse...i dont think this team is much better then when i was on the polars, and we got bounced round one of that playoff and i think the teams have only gotten better...
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
User avatar
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: 18 Jan 2003, 15:58

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 10 Sep 2006, 21:04

i forgot to say carl, she said she had a gang of people wanting to play D still...maybe i could have her just say we cant play, keep, me, you, nate, and maybe a couple others who would still want to play, if any, and make a new D league team...id do that myself but i kinda feel bad for people who payed the 40 bucks to be part of the stupid usa hockey...i mean i cant be mad at them they are good ya know what i mean, its not their fault i guess
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
User avatar
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: 18 Jan 2003, 15:58

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Jupiter » 10 Sep 2006, 21:10

The Bandits are on par with the Rubes, maybe a shade better. We were 1-2 against them a year ago.... If I recall, they are a clean playing team made up of policemen. Pjoyn will have to clarify if my memory is not too good.
User avatar
Jupiter
3rd Line
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 29 Jul 2003, 05:25

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby pjoyn » 10 Sep 2006, 21:24

Yeah, that was the Bandits. Surprising they are in your division. They were a very good, clean team that I enjoyed playing. They did not take it too seriously. They did have a better goalie than most D teams and pretty good defense. I think they played the DeCrapitators for the title.
User avatar
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: 16 Jan 2003, 18:51

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 10 Sep 2006, 23:11

it sucks, im not even excited about it, we'll kill them and its not going to be fun...i wish i could say it was cuz of me but i faced like 10 shots, 2 went, one goal i wasnt really payin attn and it was weak, the other my D just let the guy have a breakaway wich was fine with me gave me something to do, he was the best one on their team, prolly about chris' level and he put a nice goal in....then i stopped maybe 2 others that were okay, the rest was from a chick who just kept shooting it right into my chest...
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
User avatar
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: 18 Jan 2003, 15:58

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Husky1 » 10 Sep 2006, 23:16

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: i forgot to say carl, she said she had a gang of people wanting to play D still...maybe i could have her just say we cant play, keep, me, you, nate, and maybe a couple others who would still want to play, if any, and make a new D league team...id do that myself but i kinda feel bad for people who payed the 40 bucks to be part of the stupid usa hockey...i mean i cant be mad at them they are good ya know what i mean, its not their fault i guess



Well, first of all, I think your Email was good. I look forward to hearing what she has to say in return.



I would definitely be open to playing D with a different squad, and I'm sure my buddy Nate feels the same way. I'd be interested to see how the money would work out. It would suck for all the guys who paid 40 bucks to register but if they ever want to play C or anything like that in the near future they would need to be registered anyway.



Let me know what Pilar says and we can figure something out. If nothing else I wouldn't mind playing C and D. I just want to be involved in at least one game a week where I actually have a chance in hell of doing something. :D
User avatar
Husky1
1st Line
 
Posts: 774
Joined: 21 Jan 2003, 06:35

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 11 Sep 2006, 00:05

maybe u can join a squirts team then :D





im jk
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
User avatar
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: 18 Jan 2003, 15:58

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby HockeyBum » 11 Sep 2006, 00:05

I'm curious to see how this will turn out. I can't imagine the league would allow your team to continue in the D-League... at least not without major roster changes. That would really put a dent in their credibility now that they promised everyone more oversight and competitive balance by joining USA Hockey.



Was the officiating any better? It's probably tough to tell in a blowout game like that, but that's the one thing I'm really interested in finding out.
User avatar
HockeyBum
1st Line
 
Posts: 661
Joined: 26 Aug 2003, 06:09

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Husky1 » 11 Sep 2006, 00:37

HockeyBum wrote: I'm curious to see how this will turn out.  I can't imagine the league would allow your team to continue in the D-League... at least not without major roster changes.  That would really put a dent in their credibility now that they promised everyone more oversight and competitive balance by joining USA Hockey.



Was the officiating any better?  It's probably tough to tell in a blowout game like that, but that's the one thing I'm really interested in finding out.



Well, there was only one penalty called, but I'd say it's probably the same. The refs we had were two of the same guys we have always had. The one penalty called was an unsportsmanlike on us for a slapshot. The other ref got a kick out of it. The ref who called it explained the penalty by saying "that goalie can't handle a shot like that".



I think Squirts would be good for me Nick. Best to start with the fundamentals. :)
User avatar
Husky1
1st Line
 
Posts: 774
Joined: 21 Jan 2003, 06:35

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Jupiter » 11 Sep 2006, 01:29

Husky1 wrote: The ref who called it explained the penalty by saying "that goalie can't handle a shot like that".

It usually would not be called like that, but in this specific situation I think the call was okay.
User avatar
Jupiter
3rd Line
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 29 Jul 2003, 05:25

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 11 Sep 2006, 01:48

i agree, i think the goalie **** himself though...it wasnt hard or anything, but im sure this is his first tiome ever playing, and since slappers arent allowed, im sure it caught him off gaurd and it was a huge windup too...the old ref though got like all serious and mad, it was kind of funny actually...i talked to both refs and they both said the team was extreamly bad...the kid only did it cuz he didnt know...
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
User avatar
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist
 
Posts: 1992
Joined: 18 Jan 2003, 15:58

Next

Return to Ice Times

cron

Who is online

  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 546 on 06 Jun 2012, 11:08
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest