Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Tigers Game 1

Tigers Game 1

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 18 Sep 2006, 03:54

cool, ill be there....dont disappoint

jeremy, u better rip of some shots, u pass to much...i mean, i ve seen your shot, so i dont really blame you, but i want to see a goal out of you
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby pjoyn » 18 Sep 2006, 03:58

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: cool, ill be there....dont disappoint

jeremy, u better rip of some shots, u pass to much...i mean, i ve seen your shot, so i dont really blame you, but i want to see a goal out of you

Only if you are in net baby. :D See you tonight. Good luck.
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 19 Sep 2006, 03:29

my email to pilar after last nights game...

we played last night, i was looking for you there...we lost, played probably the best team ive ever faced...maybe we can stay in the league we are in and just see how it pans out and then move up next session for sure...so now i guess its all up to you, if you want to move us up cool, if not, cool...we dont have a preferance anymore...i mean, honestly, the players on my team shouldnt be in D....but i see theres still other teams that are about as good as us in D...so it doesnt matter to me...im so sorry ive been a pain in the ass...

-nick

her reply

What made the team you played against last night that good. (I am trying to follow up with any & all teams that do not belong in the D division)

The C team I was waiting on bailed out. Would you still want to skate both C & D, - - with a few players playing either one level or the other (at the most appropriate level, of course)?

my reply just now...

they just played together really well, they didnt really have any weak skaters, but nobody on the team was crazy good or anything...and actually, their goalie was fricken awesome...im not saying they dont belong in D or anything, like im not trying to rat them out or nothing...

would the new C league schedule conflict games with the D league schedule i have now? if we were to move up to C id have me, and two others who would stay behind and play C...woudl i have to call all the people and collect the money to get them play? how much would we each have to pay? if its going to be a huge pain and i might get screwed out of money (like what happens when you run a team) id rather just stay in D i guess and just move up next session...if other teams are going to compete like last night, it was a fun good game, maybe the first team we played was just that bad, i dunno, how have the scores of other games been?

again, if you could reply to both emails id appreciate it

thanks

nick

what do you guys think? im on the fence, id just hate to play more teams like the first team, so if we went to C, i know we woudlnt have that, but if theres teams like the bandits, the pubes, the mudhens with more players, i think wed be okay and not deal with the hassell
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Jupiter » 06 Nov 2006, 13:29

What happened to your team???

I see that you lost to the Northern Warriors last week after completely destroying them in the first game. What gives?
Jupiter
3rd Line

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Husky1 » 06 Nov 2006, 22:18

Jupiter wrote: What happened to your team???

I see that you lost to the Northern Warriors last week after completely destroying them in the first game. What gives?

Well, in that particular case, it wasn't so much what happened to our team as what happened to their team. They found a new goalie, and he is an absolute brick wall. I knew we might have trouble when the Warriors abruptly won a game right before we played them, and it was apparent from the start that they had upgraded. We had the puck in their zone essentially the entire night. I had at least a half-dozen shots on goal, so you can imagine how many the good players had. We gave up an early goal and then a couple more very late. In between the puck never left their zone.

The one thing I will say about our squad is that we make it easy on the goalie by not passing. Granted we were minus two of our best guys that night but the guys we did have were plenty good enough to pass a little to get the goalie moving. That said I will say it has gotten a little better and I am actually enjoying playing for the team now.

On a side note, I wonder if the superink has a Broomball league? I'd like to give that game a try one of these days. Skating has never been my strong point. ;D
Husky1
1st Line

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 16 Nov 2006, 16:57

i saw you won the two games i was gone, i talked to eharm and he said the goalie was crazy good (my replacement) im not going to be there this weekend either, while i was on my cruise i got a mega bad case of strep and was in the er the other night, so im going to take it easy and not play this weekend...good luck chyall
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Husky1 » 17 Nov 2006, 10:36

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: i saw you won the two games i was gone, i talked to eharm and he said the goalie was crazy good (my replacement) im not going to be there this weekend either, while i was on my cruise i got  a mega bad case of strep and was in the er the other night, so im going to take it easy and not play this weekend...good luck chyall

Yeah, that goalie was something. He didn't have to make many saves, but a few of the ones he did make were quite impressive. He made a sliding toe save against the Wolves that really wowed the crowd (or at least it would've had there been a crowd).

Sorry to hear about your strep Nick. Hope you feel better soon. Does Eharm know to check the website to see when we play? According to the bracket we play Sunday at 7 against the Feisty Goats. If we win we get the winner of Bandits vs. Freeze. Then from there the bracket gets needlessly complicated as we play the tier 1 winner of one of the other brackets then if we win that we play some other jerks and then if we win that I think we play a team of Ukrainian all-stars. Seems to me they could've just combined the three leagues into two brackets and gone from there, but I don't run the league.

Anyway, I'm just hoping we have enough guys show up to field a team. Get better Nick, I miss ya! :-*
Husky1
1st Line

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Jupiter » 17 Nov 2006, 14:11

Playoff Bracket...

Jupiter
3rd Line

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 21 Nov 2006, 14:51

carl, howd it go? what are your plans for the winter session? eharm said most the guys want to move up to C and roll with the goalie that was subbing for me...but i know him, his brother and brother in law want to play in a D league as well as a couple others, im not sure who they are yet...but what were you thinking you were going to do?
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Husky1 » 21 Nov 2006, 17:09

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: carl, howd it go? what are your plans for the winter session? eharm said most the guys want to move up to C and roll with the goalie that was subbing for me...but i know him, his brother and brother in law want to play in a D league as well as a couple others, im not sure who they are yet...but what were you thinking you were going to do?

We won, 5-1. We dominated play for the most part and the few times they did have good chances our goalie stuffed them. You could tell they were frustrated after the game, as very few of them said anything in the handshake line. Now we get the Bandits on Monday.

As for Winter session, I am open to playing D with you, but obviously I would have no interest in moving to C. I'm guessing my buddy Nate isn't interested though, as he hasn't been to the last several games. Do you think we can get enough guys to play?
Husky1
1st Line

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 27 Nov 2006, 11:43

Hey fellas, if you haven't made plans already, I'd like to get back on the ice again.  I've been skating a bit so hopefully I'm not completely rusty.  Also, a former player on my team (Carl you may remember Rich Gilson) wants to play too.  He's really good and has a GREAT attitude.  He plays well with others and can either be a team leader or a team player. As a former team manager, I'm willing to vouch for him paying promptly and showing up consistently.

Let me know if you have room for either/both of us.

P.S. The Jackalopes jersies are still available if you need them.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 27 Nov 2006, 16:57

ill ask a couple people and try to get a team together...itd hopefully look like this if the people i ask say yes

me

carl

tracy

tracys friend

nick buche

scott hopkins

matt peterson

nicks cuzin jeff

nicks cuzin sam

nicks cuzin brad

then i would maybe call a couple people from the old team like john (he showed intrest in playing again) and i dunno who else i guess...

carl you got another friend named nate right? maybe the nate on the tigers team would want to play with this team if he knows its not going to be full of people who think they are so good?
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby pjoyn » 27 Nov 2006, 17:08

Good luck tonight Nick and Carl. I am going to watch you guys after ours.
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby Husky1 » 28 Nov 2006, 09:53

Bandits 3

Tigers 2

And so the season ends. This had to be the most ridiculous game I've ever played in. For the first time in my 3+ years of playing in the D league, the referees checked everyone's ID's prior to the game. This was at the request of the Bandits "captain" (He wore #9) so everyone had to go out to their trucks and get their ID's, which delayed the game by 25 minutes or so. All of our guys were actually legit (or at least rostered, since checking ID's doesn't prove a player actually belongs in the D league) but a few of the guys didn't bring their ID's to the rink, so therefore we were down two guys at the start. One of them actually had his ID but his name was crossed off the roster so they wouldn't let him play. I don't remember his name but I think he was the guy who never paid (he did give Eharm $90 last night, so Nick you should see some money coming your way).

Once the game began it was clear the referees had peaked during the ID check, because some of their calls were horrible. They allowed a blatant high stick to go that resulted in a Bandits goal, waved off one of our goals simply because neither of the two guys was in position to see it, then waved off a Bandits goal for reasons which were unclear to everyone. On top of that they never could keep track of when penalties were to expire. The one referee even went so far as to have us "take a knee" to talk about how important it is to play a clean game.

Anyway, our goalie last night was not the kid who played the past two weeks, but rather an older guy named Bob. He did ok, but considering we out shot the Bandits about 50-8 his saves percentage didn't end up being very good. At least two of the goals were probably more the result of bad D than anything though. Eharm was swearing at one guy in particular who didn't seem to get it through his head that he was supposed to be a defenseman. The main reason we lost however was simply that their goalie was on fire. He robbed Keith point blank many times and in general didn't allow much in the way of big rebounds.

I don't remember the Bandits being that cheap, as historically they have played very clean. Additionally, I have never heard them mouth off as much as they did last night. #9 in particular was mouthy, which is interesting because I must've picked his pocket at least 2 or 3 times. If I can do that to you then you probably better just shut the hell up and go sit on the bench.

I must admit that the guys on the team grew on me quite a bit, and I was sad to see the season end. Eharm may be very loud, but he also shouted many words of encouragement to me last night. The other guys were friendly to me as well, although maybe that was just because half of them were drunk. :) I hope that Bandits get drilled by their next opponent.

Sorry to see that the Rubes lost. I know we had played a few of the guys on that team before last year in the playoffs. Those guys had a pretty bad team this year record-wise, so I'm guessing they loaded up on a few ringers prior to the playoffs. I think we beat them 6-5 last year, but that was only because Nick's cousin played for us.
Husky1
1st Line

Tigers Game 1

Unread postby pjoyn » 28 Nov 2006, 10:26

Tough loss Carl. I am surprised the Bandits were that cheap and mouthy. I don't remember them being that way. All of the games that we ever played against them were fun and clean.

The Violators are suck. They had a guy on their team that played semi-pro hockey and is the head coach for Edison High School. They are an absolute joke. At the end of the game, there was a little minnie mouse of a guy that mouthed off to one of our tallest guys. Poor little winners.
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

PreviousNext

Return to Ice Times