Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

fall league august 2006

fall league august 2006

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

fall league august 2006

Unread postby HockeyBum » 30 Aug 2006, 00:53

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: ****, we got half monday games

We've got all Monday games. That's fine w/ me though. I don't like playing on Sundays.

6 of our 10 games are at 10:30, with 3 of the remaining 4 games at 9:30. That pretty much sucks. >:(
HockeyBum
1st Line

fall league august 2006

Unread postby Husky1 » 01 Sep 2006, 04:31

P4H,

Any word on custom jerseys? While I was in Alberta over this past week I bought a Medicine Hat Tigers jersey and it made me think of our team. If we aren't getting custom, are we going to request Black and Orange league jerseys?

I'm a little saddened by not having the Rubes in our division. I was planning on embarassing Doug by scoring a hattie and then checking Chris into the boards for betraying our team. :o
Husky1
1st Line

fall league august 2006

Unread postby pjoyn » 04 Sep 2006, 23:20

For all of us Superrink players and St. Cloud alums, there is a new outlet for your hockey dollar. The new Hockey Zone store, near Time Out, is open and owned by former Husky player Mike Brodzinski. Rather than give the Superrink any more money, why not funnel it to "one of us".
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

fall league august 2006

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 05 Sep 2006, 01:36

carl, get on that, get them to sponsor some jerseys for us!

Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

fall league august 2006

Unread postby Husky1 » 06 Sep 2006, 20:35

pjoyn wrote: For all of us Superrink players and St. Cloud alums, there is a new outlet for your hockey dollar.  The new Hockey Zone store, near Time Out, is open and owned by former Husky player Mike Brodzinski.  Rather than give the Superrink any more money, why not funnel it to "one of us".

Do they wash pads over there? If they don't, who does? Dave's Sports Shop? My pads haven't even left my bag since that GPL skate at IGH a few months ago, so they are pretty funky.

P4H, are those guys you mentioned who played on a different team previously still going to play for us this session? If so, do you have any idea how good they are? I'm very curious to see how well our team fares this session. The Generals are the only team in our division that I think we have played recently, unless other teams have changed their names.
Husky1
1st Line

fall league august 2006

Unread postby pjoyn » 06 Sep 2006, 21:14

Husky1 wrote:

Do they wash pads over there? If they don't, who does? Dave's Sports Shop? My pads haven't even left my bag since that GPL skate at IGH a few months ago, so they are pretty funky.

P4H, are those guys you mentioned who played on a different team previously still going to play for us this session? If so, do you have any idea how good they are? I'm very curious to see how well our team fares this session. The Generals are the only team in our division that I think we have played recently, unless other teams have changed their names.

In looking at their website, it does not look like it. I know Dave's Sports Shop does it.
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

fall league august 2006

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 07 Sep 2006, 09:43

carl, PM me ur info...name, addy, email, phone number, i have to fill out the roster....oh...nick buche, scott hopkins and petey dropped out on me...3 days before our first game...

carl, u still got a buddy who wants to play? pm me that too...
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

fall league august 2006

Unread postby Saint » 07 Sep 2006, 22:47

I found out the game was Sunday like 4 days in advance and realized how much I hate playing hockey. There is NO excitement for hockey season, so it ain't worth it. If everyone was building up how great and fun this upcoming season was it would be easier to get suckered into it.

If you can't play without me, I'll probably show...I just know that I would wish I was doing something else almost everytime.
Saint
Hobey Baker Finalist

fall league august 2006

Unread postby Husky1 » 07 Sep 2006, 23:11

Saint wrote: I found out the game was Sunday like 4 days in advance and realized how much I hate playing hockey.  There is NO excitement for hockey season, so it ain't worth it.  If everyone was building up how great and fun this upcoming season was it would be easier to get suckered into it.

If you can't play without me, I'll probably show...I just know that I would wish I was doing something else almost everytime.

Interesting. This is a big part of the reason Chris jumped ship to the Rubes. Too many people could not be counted on to show up semi-regularly and rarely was advance notice given. I guess if you really don't like playing then it would be better if you weren't even rostered. I'd just a soon play with a bunch of guys who actually want to be there, and who actually show up consistently. I really don't understand why you ever played at all if this is how you feel though.

Anyway, P4H, I think the other guy I know who wanted to play is probably too busy with other things at this point to join our team. How many players does this leave us at?
Husky1
1st Line

fall league august 2006

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 07 Sep 2006, 23:37

nick, dont worry about, im just giving u ****, i mean it sucks, but whatever...

i dotn know why this is so difficult sometimes...ill be able to get a full team, i just hate rushing **** and running around last minute to do it
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Previous

Return to Ice Times