Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

booo

booo

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

booo

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 14 May 2006, 08:47

we lost 7-2, their goalie was friggen awesome...carl notched our first goal and jordan got our second
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

booo

Unread postby pjoyn » 14 May 2006, 22:55

No ringers this year to help you STEAL the champeenship? :D Nice effort though. Carl has become a force. We might have to get him to play on the Rubes. ;)
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

booo

Unread postby HockeyBum » 15 May 2006, 01:07

What happened? Didn't your D-III ringer show up last night?

I knew that their goalie was good. I just didn't expect them to put up 7 goals. The 3 times we played them were all relatively low-scoring games.
HockeyBum
1st Line

booo

Unread postby Husky1 » 15 May 2006, 01:18

HockeyBum wrote: What happened?  Didn't your D-III ringer show up last night?

I knew that their goalie was good.  I just didn't expect them to put up 7 goals.  The 3 times we played them were all relatively low-scoring games.

He was there, but unfortunately they had at least twice as many guys as we did (8 of us vs. 16 or 17 of them). We definitely wore down. Apparently there were a bunch of guys on the other team that he played hockey with growing up. They were shadowing him the whole game, and without him having anyone to pass to really it was tough. When he did get his shots thru the goalie came up big.

BTW, for those interested, the Decapitators beat Old School 3-2 for the other championship. There were a ton of near brawls at the end. Good thing the game was close or it would've been ugly.
Husky1
1st Line

booo

Unread postby HockeyBum » 15 May 2006, 03:20

Husky1 wrote: BTW, for those interested, the Decapitators beat Old School 3-2 for the other championship. There were a ton of near brawls at the end. Good thing the game was close or it would've been ugly.

This doesn't surprise me. Fights broke out every time the Rubes played the Decapitators last session. The one game we played against Old School was surprisingly clean, but apparently you guys had trouble with them. Put those teams together and it's almost guaranteed that fisticuffs would ensue.
HockeyBum
1st Line

booo

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 15 May 2006, 04:36

justin didnt score but his defensive presence sure was there, i couldnt imagine what it woulda been like without him...i mean im not trying to talk him all up like he is a god or anything but it sure as hell helped having him there...

id say our playoff mvp would be carl...then me of course
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Return to Ice Times