Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

summer session

summer session

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

summer session

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 14 Apr 2006, 04:57

it seems im not geting enough feedback of people wanting to play summer session...it might not happen and we might have to wait till fall? hows people feel about that?
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

summer session

Unread postby Husky1 » 14 Apr 2006, 05:22

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: it seems im not geting enough feedback of people wanting to play summer session...it might not happen and we might have to wait till fall? hows people feel about that?

How many guys do we have so far? I'd really like to play, but if we can't suit up enough guys then I guess we have no choice.

:(
Husky1
1st Line

summer session

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 14 Apr 2006, 22:51

me in

you in

your buddy nathen

chris? (didnt seem interested at all in next session)

greg is out

jordan is out

jon is a maybe

buche, scott, brad, petey are out

eric is in and he has like 2 buddies

tracy is out

its just not looking good, and there is no way im going to put the 200 dollar deposit down untill i get like 12 for sures lol
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

summer session

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 14 Apr 2006, 22:52

but i know 100 percent come fall again i could get enough people
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

summer session

Unread postby Husky1 » 15 Apr 2006, 02:48

I don't blame you for not wanting to put a deposit down with only 6-8 guys interested.

Is Jeremy still making a C team? I wonder what the Rube's status is for next session. If they weren't planning on having a team for some reason but had a few guys who still wanted to play we could maybe recruit a few of them.
Husky1
1st Line

summer session

Unread postby HockeyBum » 15 Apr 2006, 09:48

Husky1 wrote: Is Jeremy still making a C team? I wonder what the Rube's status is for next session. If they weren't planning on having a team for some reason but had a few guys who still wanted to play we could maybe recruit a few of them.

I'm almost positive that the Rubes are taking the summer off. If you ask Jeremy, he could probably tell you if anyone from our team would be interested in playing with you guys this summer.
HockeyBum
1st Line

summer session

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 16 Apr 2006, 06:19

jeremy, what the deal/
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

summer session

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 17 Apr 2006, 01:34

unless i get a lot of signups by the end of this week, summer session is a no go...fall session will be a def yes
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

summer session

Unread postby pjoyn » 17 Apr 2006, 05:05

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Looks like the Rubes are taking the summer off. Interest just was not high enough.
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

summer session

Unread postby Husky1 » 17 Apr 2006, 06:08

pjoyn wrote: Sorry it took me so long to reply. Looks like the Rubes are taking the summer off. Interest just was not high enough.

Perhaps if a half-dozen or so Rubes still want to play this summer we can combine teams. Do you think there would be that many people interested Jeremy?
Husky1
1st Line

summer session

Unread postby HockeyBum » 17 Apr 2006, 08:15

Husky1 wrote:

Perhaps if a half-dozen or so Rubes still want to play this summer we can combine teams. Do you think there would be that many people interested Jeremy?

I don't want to speak for Jeremy, but I there was only one guy that I remember (Lindy) who expressed interest in playing summer session.

On another note, this session has probably been the most fun I've had since I started playing 3 years ago. The parity and level of competition in the D East division has been awesome. The Rubes have both beaten and lost to every team in our division. The DeCapitators are the only team rife with ringers, but we still managed to beat them once.
HockeyBum
1st Line

summer session

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 17 Apr 2006, 12:18

yeah ****, summer session is off i guess, fall session is on though...

our division blows ass, old school whoops on everyone and everyone whoops on us, we lost last night 13-0 lol...our goals for this session is 23, our goals against is 98 lol
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

summer session

Unread postby Jupiter » 17 Apr 2006, 23:22

The Rubes played Old School once last session and lost 6-3... It was a rare game with neither Bacardio or Sagard scored.
Jupiter
3rd Line

summer session

Unread postby HockeyBum » 19 Apr 2006, 20:11

Husky1 and P4H... What can you guys tell us about Old School? The Rubes play them in the first round of the playoffs next Monday. Stang gave us a little info, but I'd be interested in what you guys think. All I know is that Old School is 11-0-1 and have a ridiculous goals-for to goals-against ratio. :o
HockeyBum
1st Line

summer session

Unread postby Husky1 » 19 Apr 2006, 21:36

HockeyBum wrote: Husky1 and P4H... What can you guys tell us about Old School?  The Rubes play them in the first round of the playoffs next Monday.  Stang gave us a little info, but I'd be interested in what you guys think.  All I know is that Old School is 11-0-1 and have a ridiculous goals-for to goals-against ratio.   :o

Basically they are a C team sandbagging in the D league. I don't remember them having a weak skater. They pass very well, but a lot of the smaller forwards tend to try and go coast to coast. They also talk more trash than any team we have ever played. The number 51 (there were 2 51's) that has two different colored socks is particularly mouthy. He repeatedly told us to take off our shoulder pads and learn how to play. He was probably about 18.

Their goalie is an absolute basketcase, so I think your best chance would be to score a few early goals and let him come unglued. When we beat them with a late goal in the title game last session he basically took off his pads and threw them all over the ice. When he went thru the handshake line it looked like he was crying. Beyond that I honestly don't think they have a weakness other than short tempers.

I wish I could give you one guy to watch but they were all good. If you have any more specific questions let me know and I'll try to answer them. Best of luck, I'm rooting for you guys.
Husky1
1st Line

Next

Return to Ice Times