Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

d league = poop

d league = poop

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

d league = poop

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 19 Mar 2006, 23:24

im so sick of **** sandbagging teams, we got destroyed yesturday like 11-1, and its not like i played bad either, besides two pathetic goals i let in every other goal they had was a quality goal, i think i played above avg for how i usually play, but from the first puck dropped it was their game no questions asked...im going to send an email to the new lady in charge of the league and ask her if she has any new plans on making teams move up or what...i know our team kind of blows but 2 or 3 years ago when a 4 e first started i think we would be one of the better teams...i wonder how much dif c is from d right now, anyone watch or play in any c games lately? i know 2 years ago when i played c that the teams i play in d now are better then the teams we played...poop on it
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

d league = poop

Unread postby pjoyn » 20 Mar 2006, 01:34

Nick - I could not agree more. We played the Decapitators(Park Center Varsity) last night and got beat 7-3. Doug played well, they just are able to put the puck anywhere they want. It would not be so back the teams being good, but it seems the better teams are, the more aggressive they are. If you think your division is sandbagging, you should see ours. We are an average to above average D team and we have been getting killed the past couple of weeks.

I would like to see the staff of the league take an interest in the teams that are playing in the D league and come out and watch some games. There has to be some people who have an objective opinion on what constitutes a D league. I know our team has players that are not considered D league, but they are also in their 30s and have not played in a while. Quite honestly, only Soren and Bacardio could be counted as players that should not be on D, but they are not the dominating skaters that the Decapitators have.

I thought the rule was too that if a player received a major for fighting, they were supposed to be suspended for the next 3 league games. That little ***** Brennen, was in a fight last week against Time Out and he was skating this week. He tried to start **** again, but could not goad anyone into it. Either the officials are not enforcing the rules or they don't care.
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

d league = poop

Unread postby Husky1 » 20 Mar 2006, 06:33

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: im so sick of **** sandbagging teams, we got destroyed yesturday like 11-1, and its not like i played bad either, besides two pathetic goals i let in every other goal they had was a quality goal, i think i played above avg for how i usually play, but from the first puck dropped it was their game no questions asked...im going to send an email to the new lady in charge of the league and ask her if she has any new plans on making teams move up or what...i know our team kind of blows but 2 or 3 years ago when a 4 e first started i think we would be one of the better teams...i wonder how much dif c is from d right now, anyone watch or play in any c games lately? i know 2 years ago when i played c that the teams i play in d now are better then the teams we played...poop on it

I'm with you on this issue. To me the most ridiculous part of our game was that they had guys sitting at center ice waiting for a breakaway pass at a time when the score was 8-1. What a bunch of jerkoffs. That fat guy they have with the glasses is a world-class tool. Unfortunately for us our next game in two weeks is against the Hosers, who recently tied Old School. Should be another tight one. ::)

I remember Brennen starting something with a guy in the playoffs last session by kicking his legs out from under him. Good thing they had no goalie or otherwise that penalty would've cost us. What is Shorty teaching those guys? :o
Husky1
1st Line

d league = poop

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 20 Mar 2006, 06:53

i never minded brennan i didnt think he was like that :-/

but jeremy you were there when we were talking to the guy on that team and hes like we kinda suck because of our gaolie, but now we got an ex varsity goalie and now we kick ass...at least he admitted they should be in a higher level and if they play next session they have every intention of moving up, old school i know is moving up as well...i hope its not 3 games for fighting or else chris would be gone for our next three games, talk about a killer there...

Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

d league = poop

Unread postby HockeyBum » 20 Mar 2006, 07:15

I was telling Jeremy this yesterday, but D League has gotten to be somewhat of an arms race between the teams. If you don't continously upgrade your roster from session to session, before you know it a good team will become a "bad" team. Look at the Rubes. We went from 11-5-1 two sessions ago, to 6-4-2 last session, to 3-4-1 so far this session. We have had essentially the same roster during this time (with the exception of 2 guys... both of whom would be considered upgrades in talent).

Every team is going to have two or three "ringers" that should be playing up a level or two. That's just a given, and I really don't have a problem with that. Sagard and Bacardio are the only two guys on our roster that I would consider legitimate "C" league caliber players. What burns me is these teams that have a collection of 4, 5, 6 or more players who clearly shouldn't be there.

On top of that, the average age on the Rubes roster is probably 30 or 31, and our best goal scorers are in their mid-30's. The carpetbaggers that these other teams bring in look like they're just out of high school. The difference in speed is just unreal, and I've really started to notice it this session.
HockeyBum
1st Line

d league = poop

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 21 Mar 2006, 00:22

its gayed up, for summer my team is losing about 5-6 players due to softball and other summer activities, in order to compete im going to have to get players that are way above their skill level, it sucks and its dumb it has to be like that but i cant stand losing 11-1, 9-0, 10-2..its dumb, and not fun for me at all...i dont want to have a team a ringers, cuz it makes my team what i hate about the d level

carl, im guessing your playing again right, i hope so...and also tracy?
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

d league = poop

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 30 Mar 2006, 00:20

Sorry I didn't respond Nick, had to talk it over with the boss and forgot to reply. It looks like I'm taking the summer off.

BTW, I'll be in Florida for this week's game, but I'll be back for the 4/10 game. I told Jason he better show up too.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

d league = poop

Unread postby Husky1 » 30 Mar 2006, 05:16

Nick,

I know another guy who could help us out quite a bit this summer. If we have a roster spot open I'd like to invite him to play. I know he is interested. We can talk more about it this Sunday, but I thought I'd mention it since Tracy said he isn't playing.
Husky1
1st Line

d league = poop

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 31 Mar 2006, 00:00

who is he? how good?
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Return to Ice Times