Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

March 12th Game

March 12th Game

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

March 12th Game

Unread postby pjoyn » 12 Mar 2006, 18:52

Great win last night guys. If I would have known you were that short, I would have suited up with ya. If the Rubes keep tanking the way we are, we may be facing you in the playoffs. :D ;)
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

March 12th Game

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 12 Mar 2006, 19:43

We won? Cool! Sorry I couldn't make it Nick, but I figured you guys wouldn't want to skate over frozen bumps of phlem. I should get your cell# so I can let you know if it happens again. I'll for sure be there next week. What was the score?
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

March 12th Game

Unread postby Husky1 » 12 Mar 2006, 20:47

The_Exiled_One wrote: We won?  Cool!  Sorry I couldn't make it Nick, but I figured you guys wouldn't want to skate over frozen bumps of phlem.  I should get your cell# so I can let you know if it happens again.  I'll for sure be there next week.  What was the score?

Final score was 7-3. We were down at one point 3-2 but we ultimately wore them down and lit them up in the third. I've never seen us pass that well. The last 4 goals or so were all nice plays. Chris played D with Greg last night and the result was great. With those two on the point for the power play we were able to generate a lot of offense.

Next up I believe is the Rookies at Columbia. Hopefully we can keep the streak going.
Husky1
1st Line

March 12th Game

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 13 Mar 2006, 03:38

it was a great win...there were some really great looking goals...

i think chris and greg playing d was awesome...i think it really helped with the scoring chances, chris is an awesome foward, but i think he is too good for our team if that makes sense...it seems he is always on a breakaway with nobody to pass too...where as if he is playing D there should usually be 3 people ahead of him when he takes it up plus he is fast enough to get back into position if he loses the puck while taking it up...im going to request that he play d again...

who is the kid who got his goal from Petey, he usually plays D and is erics friend, he wears white socks with a blue stripe?

i think thats the only team we have played that we matched up better any line we had out vs any line they had out...

i think i played average, their three goals were all them skating one on one dekeing my defensman out and then scoring on me on a small breakaway...they werent super awesome goals, but a shooters advantage goal...im happy though i guess i didnt let in any easy floppers

jeremy, you couldnt have played anyways, with the new rule that all players must have matching jerseys there wasnt any extras...but i still love this rule
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

March 12th Game

Unread postby Jupiter » 14 Mar 2006, 00:17

Peters_4_Hobey wrote:

jeremy, you couldnt have played anyways, with the new rule that all players must have matching jerseys there wasnt any extras...but i still love this rule

You sure about that? We had a guy play Sunday night that was wearing a POI jersey and not a Rubes jersey. The refs never said anything.
Jupiter
3rd Line

March 12th Game

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 14 Mar 2006, 01:05

they should have...thats why i hate this **** league, the refs just follow whatever rules they feel...if someone on the other team wore a dif jersey id be a ***** about it and let the ref know thats a rule, it eliminates ringers...who was the person on ur team that wore a POI jersey?
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

March 12th Game

Unread postby pjoyn » 14 Mar 2006, 01:27

You mean like the ringers you used to win the league last session? ;) :D

I have half a mind to ***** to Pilar about the Decapitators, but this is what the D league has become.
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

March 12th Game

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 14 Mar 2006, 05:36

ringers yes, but they all had matching jerseys
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

March 12th Game

Unread postby pjoyn » 14 Mar 2006, 20:28

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: ringers yes, but they all had matching jerseys

We have a team, Time Out, that do not have matching jerseys. Half have white league jerseys and half have white Time Out jerseys. I have never seen the refs or Pilar say anything to them.
pjoyn
Hobey Baker Finalist

March 12th Game

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 15 Mar 2006, 07:16

hope we dont run into them in the playoffs cuz ill tattle
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Return to Ice Times