playoffs - game one

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 21 Nov 2005, 21:33

we play the flushers again...the game will prolly depend on how many skaters they can gather...im thinking after last night they will get some more and the better goalie back...

we play this sunday, i think thats the 27th at like 10:30 or something crazy late...it also looks like we got into the "easier" bracket since the teams we are going to be playing have mostly been teams we have beaten...
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Husky1
1st Line

Unread post 27 Nov 2005, 19:42

Stickmen 10

Flushers 7

Well, we won. That's about the only good thing that can be said about that game. You might look at the 10 goals and think we played pretty well offensively until you find out that THEY DIDN'T HAVE A GOALIE FOR HALF THE GAME!!! Most of the game was played 6x5 after their goalie pulled his groin. We managed to outscore them after that by a whopping 2 goals. Pretty pathetic. They actually scored twice to take the lead after they initially lost their goalie. Thankfully for us they couldn't find a goalie to fill in, otherwise we may well have lost. They had more players this time but not all of the ringers that they had for the first game. This is one you just forget about and move on. I tip my hat to them for playing so well minus their goalie.

I saw the Rubes won in OT. Generals must have put up a pretty good fight, or else they had a hot goalie. Do you guys know who you play next yet? We get either the Demons or Shame on Ice. Both teams were in the bottom half of the other division. The way we played last night though it might not matter.
HockeyBum
1st Line

Unread post 27 Nov 2005, 20:11

The Generals had a very good goalie. It wouldn't have been that close otherwise. We had a clear advantage in puck posession. They popped in two quick goals late in the game to erase our 3-1 lead. Fortunately we scored quickly in OT.

We play the winner of the Bandits/Ankle Benders game and play next Sunday at the SuperRink. I'm thinking it'll probably be the Bandits.
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread post 28 Nov 2005, 05:23

im **** pathetic, if i dont get it together soon im done, its not fun for me right now
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Husky1
1st Line

Unread post 01 Dec 2005, 08:56

Peters_4_Hobey wrote: im **** pathetic, if i dont get it together soon im done, its not fun for me right now

Don't worry about that last game, Nick. You didn't have your best game but neither did anyone else on the team. They had the puck in our zone 90% of the time after they lost their goalie.

Believe me, I get frustrated all the time. The league keeps getting better and better and it's hard to keep up. Hopefully we will get put in the division with a little more D-caliber talent next session. Otherwise I will have to start skating in more pick-up games to get a chance to actually touch the puck.

Regardless of what happens the rest of the way I'm just glad we didn't lose to the Flushers. Those guys are a bunch of jerks and I'd hate to end a season against them and their pink-socked goon.