Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Week Whatever

Week Whatever

Set-up ice times with board members, discuss leagues, talk smack, etc.

Week Whatever

Unread postby Husky1 » 04 Apr 2005, 19:25

Stickmen 16 (if not more)

Shame on Ice 1

Well we beat the hell out of those guys. The most impressive thing is that we did it without Matt, who was booted early for telling the ref to go **** himself. ;D Our sub played a pretty solid game on D and the forwards all did really well. That said it appears SOI pretty much gave up after the fifth or sixth goal.

I've never seen a ref get so upset over people not having chin straps securely fastened. He was a real jerk about it too.

I know that A4E lost to the Wolves. How did the Rubes do?
Husky1
1st Line

Week Whatever

Unread postby HockeyBum » 04 Apr 2005, 19:57

Rubes 10

Demons 2

The Demons actually had some decent skaters and puckhandlers. Offensively, if they would learn to play as a team they wouldn't be that bad. They don't play very good defense at all though. We were able to just stand in front of their goal at will. Most of our goals were scored within 3 feet of the crease where their goalie didn't have a chance.

I can't believe the Stickmen beat SOI 16-1. We only beat them 3-2. I'm wondering if they had a different goalie, because the one that played against us was pretty decent. Congrats on the win guys.

I saw the playoff schedule is listed on the Superrink website. They're doing it the idiotic way again, with the top 7 teams in one bracket, and the bottom 6 teams in the other.
HockeyBum
1st Line

Week Whatever

Unread postby Husky1 » 04 Apr 2005, 20:13

HockeyBum wrote: Rubes 10

Demons 2

The Demons actually had some decent skaters and puckhandlers.  Offensively, if they would learn to play as a team they wouldn't be that bad.  They don't play very good defense at all though.  We were able to just stand in front of their goal at will.  Most of our goals were scored within 3 feet of the crease where their goalie didn't have a chance.

I can't believe the Stickmen beat SOI 16-1.  We only beat them 3-2.  I'm wondering if they had a different goalie, because the one that played against us was pretty decent.  Congrats on the win guys.    

I saw the playoff schedule is listed on the Superrink website.  They're doing it the idiotic way again, with the top 7 teams in one bracket, and the bottom 6 teams in the other.  

You must've face a different goalie, because the one we played against had a horrible game. He couldn't stop anything. I give SOI credit for not getting too chippy. The guys I talked to on their team were pretty nice.

Nick played great in goal last night. He made a few big saves early in the game to take the wind out of SOI's sails. Nice work Nick!

Yeah, the playoff schedule sucks. We play the Ice Dogs in the first round, and the winner gets the Wolves. I suppose though it at least gives the less talented teams a chance to make some noise in the playoffs. The Generals will probably have an easy time in the other bracket. If only we had lost a few more games. :)

I love how they put the playoff brackets together well before the regular season is over. Nice work, Pilar.
Husky1
1st Line

Week Whatever

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 04 Apr 2005, 20:59

their goalie was decent but after we ripped a couple really good goals on him he seemed to get really frustrated and then fell apart...i played pretty decent, actually to be honest, i prolly played the best i ever had before...the saves i made werent off soft shots, there were some breakaways i stuffed some rebound shots i stole from them and a some of lucky toe/stick/blocker/blocker u name it saves, but with that said, i prolly had no more then like 12 shots on me with like 7 of them that prolly could have been goals and i wouldnt have felt like a total sieve.

we totally dominated them though, i dont like when we play that much better then a team, its not fair, its if scsu played us...i like that we are good and dont suck, but i just dont think we belong in the D league, yeah some teams beat us and we will prolly loose another game, but on these teams that arnt very good, its gotta suck...SOI wasnt all that great at all so i dont really take this game as it...

but if u look at our record its 6-5-1...not that impressive...

and i guess the only teams we really dominated were the teams at the bottom of the standings minus the rubes but i think there goalie just had an off night....dont really know what to do, id D i think we are maybe to good (im relaly not trying to sound like a conceited ass or anything i swear to God) but i think in C we would get whooped on. and thats not much fun...every team in D has players who have played HS, we have prolly like 3, maybe 4 max...
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Return to Ice Times