Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

New Site Brainstorms/Open thread (Site Updates)

Belly up to the bar and socialize with other SCSU fans while you drink a cold one. No topic is off-topic.

Unread postby Pump It Up » 12 Oct 2011, 12:15

The_Exiled_One wrote: Trying to secure @scsuhockey twitter handle.  If any of you know Max Peterson personally, tell him to answer my email.  We can't pay him, but we'll buy him a beer before the hockey game of his choice (plus give him mad props for being a team player).

Judging by his twitter followers, no one knows him. :o
Pump It Up
2nd Line

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 12 Oct 2011, 12:41

pumpitup wrote: [quote author=The_Exiled_One link=1317679734/0#14 date=1318430871]Trying to secure @scsuhockey twitter handle.  If any of you know Max Peterson personally, tell him to answer my email.  We can't pay him, but we'll buy him a beer before the hockey game of his choice (plus give him mad props for being a team player).

Judging by his twitter followers, no one knows him.  :o[/quote]
:)

I followed him just to see if he'd follow me back so I could message him. I think I found his school email address too.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 12 Oct 2011, 13:07

The_Exiled_One wrote: Trying to secure @scsuhockey twitter handle.  If any of you know Max Peterson personally, tell him to answer my email.  We can't pay him, but we'll buy him a beer before the hockey game of his choice (plus give him mad props for being a team player).

I'm also working on trying to get SCSUHockey on youtube. The account associated with it has been canceled, but it still won't let anyone else register it.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Huskie » 12 Oct 2011, 14:13

mdneilson wrote: [quote author=The_Exiled_One link=1317679734/0#14 date=1318430871]Trying to secure @scsuhockey twitter handle.  If any of you know Max Peterson personally, tell him to answer my email.  We can't pay him, but we'll buy him a beer before the hockey game of his choice (plus give him mad props for being a team player).

I'm also working on trying to get SCSUHockey on youtube. The account associated with it has been canceled, but it still won't let anyone else register it. [/quote]
What's a twitter? ;)
Huskie
1st Line

Unread postby Skeeterman » 12 Oct 2011, 14:17

A twitter is just like a flitter, only way different.
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 12 Oct 2011, 14:37

Already got a response. The only way to clear up a SCSUHockey username is to file a trademark dispute. ::) Since we don't actually have a trademark, we're out of luck on that one. BUT - I have registered scsuhockey.com on YouTube. :)
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby motox » 17 Oct 2011, 14:20

Has anyone else ever come across this site?

http://studentorg.stcloudstate.edu/m_hockeyclub/index.html

I honestly didn't even know there was a club team. Looks like the site hasn't been updated for a couple years but someone put a decent amount of time into it. Looks pretty good.
motox
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 18 Oct 2011, 01:04

motox wrote: Has anyone else ever come across this site?

I honestly didn't even know there was a club team.  Looks like the site hasn't been updated for a couple years but someone put a decent amount of time into it.  Looks pretty good.  

They're not having too good of a year from what I've seen... the site does look good. I've actually been liking my initial design less and less. Think I should work on something new?
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Skeeterman » 18 Oct 2011, 07:31

Do whatever Izzi says.
Skeeterman
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby LadyHusky17 » 18 Oct 2011, 13:55

motox wrote: Has anyone else ever come across this site?

I honestly didn't even know there was a club team.  Looks like the site hasn't been updated for a couple years but someone put a decent amount of time into it.  Looks pretty good.  

Noticed them a few years ago as they'd play around 10pm sometimes after men's games also when looking for videos on Youtube I found one of their games in the mix with a school that does not have a DI program, can't remember which school though.
Come to SCSU! Get whip-Lasch! -LadyHusky17

Did I mention I'm a bad speller? -LadyHusky17
LadyHusky17
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 22 Oct 2011, 22:40

Just a quick update on the site progress. I hit a significant snag while trying to bridge the forum and the rest of the site, and will have to re-build a good portion for different software because they turned out to be incompatible. I hope to have a working site fully implemented by Thanksgiving. Because of the work that needs to be rehashed I will be changing the site design to be more graphically appealing, but will keep the structure the same.

PS. maybe this thread should be moved to McRudys, since it isn't really about SCSU Hockey.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby motox » 22 Oct 2011, 22:48

mdneilson wrote: Just a quick update on the site progress. I hit a significant snag while trying to bridge the forum and the rest of the site, and will have to re-build a good portion for different software because they turned out to be incompatible. I hope to have a working site fully implemented by Thanksgiving. Because of the work that needs to be rehashed I will be changing the site design to be more graphically appealing, but will keep the structure the same.

PS. maybe this thread should be moved to McRudys, since it isn't really about SCSU Hockey.

Sounds good and thanks for the update. Agreed with your suggestion on moving the thread.
motox
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 31 Oct 2011, 02:06

Argh. More delays on the site. I have to send my laptop into Lenovo for troubleshooting. The good news is that they will be sending a brand new laptop, so I'm hoping down time will be a week or less. I'm excited to get a full Husky Hockey fan site rolling. I'll keep you all posted.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 10 Nov 2011, 00:04

Good news: Lenovo has put the order in for my new computer.

Bad news (possibly): My first order took 2 months. Let us hope this one takes much less time.

Ok news: I have a computer to develop on, but it is VERY slow and unable to run my software that makes the process much quicker.

In light of the recent spamming/security concerns, I will not be waiting to release a fully operational site, but will push out a lightly skinned basic one to serve our needs and release updates as soon as I can.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 28 Nov 2011, 02:28

Just to let everyone know, I finally got my new laptop this weekend. I'm hoping for a short week at work so I can regain some momentum on the new site.

Also, the conversion to a new forum is progressing, but there have been a lot of issues, so it is slow. We will provide warning for when the migration will occur, as it will take several hours, and the forums will be down for the duration.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Previous

Return to On The Bench