Welcome Anonymous

St. Cloud State Husky Hockey News & Talk | SCSU Hockey
Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Wild in the Playoffs

Wild in the Playoffs

Belly up to the bar and socialize with other SCSU fans while you drink a cold one. No topic is off-topic.

Wild in the Playoffs

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 10 Apr 2008, 11:56

Does anybody else think it's cool that Finger is playing for the Avs while Leopold is a healthy scratch? ;D

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080410/SPORTS/104100018/1002
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Wild in the Playoffs

Unread postby Rabid_Husky » 10 Apr 2008, 17:30

Fings has earned his playing time. Leopold has been hurt so much I'm surprised he's even considered "healthy"
Hating the Gophers and Michigan Fans year round
U-M-D SUCKS!!

Herb Brooks 1937-2003
Tom Black 1958-2006 RIP uncle
Rabid_Husky
Hobey Baker Finalist

Wild in the Playoffs

Unread postby Rookie » 11 Apr 2008, 08:33

Finger is one of the few physical players they have on that team. He's not necessarily a fighter, but their team is so skill oriented that they need him in the lineup to thump guys once in a while. Do the Avs even have an enforcer?

I think the Wild rebound tonight and even up the series. They played well in Game 1, but so many of the comments made it seem like the series was lost just because they lost Game 1 at home. Look at San Jose. They lost Game 1 at home to Calgary, but came back last night to redeem themselves. I think the Wild can do the same.
Rookie
2nd Line

Wild in the Playoffs

Unread postby Boomer » 11 Apr 2008, 10:34

Rookie wrote: Finger is one of the few physical players they have on that team.  He's not necessarily a fighter, but their team is so skill oriented that they need him in the lineup to thump guys once in a while.  Do the Avs even have an enforcer?

Well, they have Scott (The Sheriff) Parker, but he is out with an injury.  Some of the other Avs--Foote, LaParierre, etc. will step up if needed.

Finger has had a great year--and adds some offense from the blue line.  

Arnason's numbers are down, but he is the anchor on the third line, and has been all season.  He had two choice opportunities to end the game Wed. before overtime.

While I don't often watch the Wild, I was impressed with some of the hockey play of Boogaard.  

Very evenly matched clubs--could easily go 7 games.  

I like the Avs--more experience, Forsberg is back, maybe better goaltending.  

Boomer
Hobey Baker Finalist

Wild in the Playoffs

Unread postby Husky_Fan_Roy » 13 Apr 2008, 07:33

I'd love to see the Boogey Man lay out Forsberg, that guy is one of the top 5 whiners in the NHL. As long as Theodore continues to play this well this series is up for grabs. If the Wild can solve him I think the series is over in 6.

Even though I can't stand the Avs it is nice to see Finger and Arnason playing big roles for them.

Go Wild!
Husky_Fan_Roy
1st Line

Wild in the Playoffs

Unread postby Dude_Love » 14 Apr 2008, 03:11

I can't stand Forsberg! I am so glad we didn't get him.
Dude_Love
Hobey Baker Finalist

Return to On The Bench