Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Site Maintenance & Updates

Important news and announcements regarding SCSUHockey.com

Unread postby mdneilson » 15 Mar 2012, 02:39

This thread will be for maintenance notifications, and to log all updates made. If you experiencing issues with any update, please post in the 'Site Issues' thread.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Re: Site Maintenance & Updates

Unread postby mdneilson » 15 Mar 2012, 02:41

Automatic day light savings time has been installed. Your time is now set by time zone and should default to Chicago. If your time is still off, please check your board settings to make sure the correct zone is set.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 15 Mar 2012, 02:53

An automatic quote remover has been installed, so users no longer have to manually remove extra quotations. When quoting a user, only the two most recent nested quotes will post in the reply. More than two quotes will still appear when composing a reply, but excess will be trimmed automatically when posted.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 15 Mar 2012, 02:59

The posting.php page that appears after submitting a new post should no longer appear. Upon submission you will be immediately redirected to the previous thread.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 19 Mar 2012, 00:17

Sorry everyone, a plug-in went rogue after installing and took the boards down for a minute. I had to restore from a, automatic back-up made this (technically, yesterday) evening. A few posts have been lost. My apologies! I'll be sure to make a fresh backup first next time. :cry: :roll: :oops: :?
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 02 May 2012, 14:41

Any size image may now be attached or embedded (with the [img] tag). They will automatically be resized, and clickable to view larger.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 06 Jun 2012, 11:09

Our web host is going to transfer the site to a new server. The site may go down for 20-30 minutes while they perform updates.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 13 Aug 2012, 18:26

The site color has been updated to match the scsuhuskies.com site.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 15 Aug 2012, 14:31

I am pushing some of the final updates to the site for full launch. The site may become unavailable for periods of time randomly over the next few days into the upcoming week. Thank you for your understanding.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 19 Sep 2012, 00:58

The forum is now Tapatalk enabled for mobile devices. The Tapatalk app is available for Android, Blackberry, Chrome, and iOS (iPhone and iPad). Links to download can be found here: http://tapatalk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It does cost $2.99 for the mobile versons, but makes mobile posting a breeze.

I hope to have a mobile version of the forums running by Christmas, but time has become very limited to work on the site. However, more updates will be coming soon!
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 01 Oct 2012, 09:17

Did you get my Private Message about the potential logo? I've got better versions available if you'd like to use it, but it's no big deal if you don't want it. If you think it'd be okay with revisions, I could probably go back and ask for some.
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 10 Oct 2012, 21:33

I will be working on integration between the main site and forum over the night, and likely the next few days. I will keep the forums live, but you may have intermittent problems.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 23 Nov 2012, 01:30

There have been several updates to the back end to reduce (and hopefully eliminate) spammers. Our old method is what was causing problems with some users access recently, and the new method should be immune to any similar issues. As always, if you're having any issues, email the site administrator account.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 01 Dec 2012, 15:44

I am working on final site revisions for full release.

This includes default avatars for those who don't currently have one set. It is randomly using strange ugly ones, I am working on getting that resolved. Avatars have been fixed.

All default avatars are hockey figure silhouettes. There is an avatar gallery now with all 6 default avatars that you may choose from by going to the user control panel... or you can just leave the random assignment given to you. :D
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 29 Dec 2012, 16:17

Working on the site, including the forum. Pages or features may experience down time.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Next

Return to News & Announcements