Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Site Improvements

Site Improvements

Important news and announcements regarding SCSUHockey.com

Re: Site Improvements

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 02 Jan 2013, 11:48

I'm not as much into the weeds of the site as mdneilson is, but I've been helping out a bit and I thought I'd reassure you all know that the main site is coming along. The design is similar to the forum. It'll have all the cool things you expect from a well made fan site: news, original news (aka: blog), team history, recruit info, alumni info, etc.

So, I beg your patience. If all goes as planned, you'll soon be rewarded with the best fan site in all of college hockey!
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 02 Jan 2013, 21:37

Thanks for the pitch TEO, and thank you more for the help. It has been a long journey, and a lot of learning, but (as TEO said) the main site is very close to launching! Thank you all for your patience, and for your participation in the community.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 18 Feb 2013, 20:10

Is there a mobile version I'm just not finding the button for?
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 18 Feb 2013, 23:07

Peters_4_Hobey wrote:Is there a mobile version I'm just not finding the button for?

You're not missing anything. There is no mobile theme for the forum. Yet. It is on my list, but the main site is my primary focus atm.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby Peters_4_Hobey » 19 Feb 2013, 11:26

how am i sposed to keep up with all these new threads and posts with no mobile version!!!!!

im JK all good :)
Will_Hammer_4_Hobey
Peters_4_Hobey
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 19 Feb 2013, 18:31

Peters_4_Hobey wrote:how am i sposed to keep up with all these new threads and posts with no mobile version!!!!!

im JK all good :)

The forums can be accessed via mobile app. Search for Tapatalk in your app store. A mobile web version is in the works, but won't likely be installed until the summer.

Sent from Tapatalk on Android.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 15 Mar 2013, 01:44

See that? Up there ^^^^ at the top. That's right. The time is near. Very near. Hopefully, I can finish with work very early tomorrow and squeeze some dev time in before the game. With a little luck, and some desperate work, the front page will be up before the puck drops!
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 15 Mar 2013, 16:45

mdneilson wrote:See that? Up there ^^^^ at the top. That's right. The time is near. Very near. Hopefully, I can finish with work very early tomorrow and squeeze some dev time in before the game. With a little luck, and some desperate work, the front page will be up before the puck drops!

Awesome. BTW, is it just me or do you have the News and Blog pages reversed? I would think the RSS content goes in News and original content belongs in Blog. Was that the plan?
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 15 Mar 2013, 19:07

The_Exiled_One wrote:Awesome. BTW, is it just me or do you have the News and Blog pages reversed? I would think the RSS content goes in News and original content belongs in Blog. Was that the plan?

It should be that way. I didn't get a chance to tinker with the site before the game. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from Tapatalk on Android.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 02 Feb 2014, 15:21

Things have finally slowed down from the holidays for me at work, so I'll be getting back to hammering away at the site late this week (I'm front-loading all my contracts). I don't expect any downtime, but things happen. There won't be many visual updates. I'll be, finally, adding the logo to the site, and fixing the issue where images overlap other articles on the front page and other locations. If there are issues that you see that need fixing, or tips to make the site look or run better, let me know and I'll add it to my list.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Previous

Return to News & Announcements