Change font size
Login or Register
Background:

Site Maintenance & Updates

Site Maintenance & Updates

Important news and announcements regarding SCSUHockey.com

Re: Site Maintenance & Updates

Unread postby mdneilson » 29 Dec 2012, 23:34

New user registration is disabled while making site updates. Board emails will also be effected. Registration and emails should resume to normal in a day or two at the most.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 20 Apr 2013, 02:18

FYI: The entire site will be down on 4/22 to protest CISPA.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 05 May 2013, 00:01

I will be tinkering with the site tomorrow; both forum and main site. There may be temporary issues or complete down time.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 05 Jun 2013, 01:32

Sorry for the unannounced down time. The site has been moved to a completely new server. I've also done a bunch of optimization on the back-end. You should have better performance now, let us know if it is better or not. Lastly, the forum has a new simple mobile theme! Tapatalk plug-ins are still installed for those who prefer an app. The mobile theme will auto-detect your phone/tablet, but you can manually switch via the links at the bottom of most pages (a couple are at the top). Switching themes will kick you back to the board index, I am working on fixing that script.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 06 Jul 2013, 02:04

I will be working on the site over the weekend. I don't plan for any down time, but it is a possibility. I will be addressing the site performance issues that some have been having, adding security and stability updates, updating info for the new season, and (hopefully) be adding new content to the main site.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 13 Jul 2013, 01:01

The site should be running better for everyone. I know it may not be perfect, I'm working on loading speeds still.

Clicking on smilies and bbcode (bold, italic, underline, etc.) when submitting a post in the forums are working again.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby The_Exiled_One » 15 Jul 2013, 08:52

mdneilson wrote:The site should be running better for everyone. I know it may not be perfect, I'm working on loading speeds still.

Have you looked at this at all?

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights
It's almost like it's something bigger than yourself.
Playing at St. Cloud State has been the best four years of my life.

~ Nic Dowd
The_Exiled_One
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 17 Jul 2013, 00:23

The_Exiled_One wrote:
mdneilson wrote:The site should be running better for everyone. I know it may not be perfect, I'm working on loading speeds still.

Have you looked at this at all?

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights

Yep! Thanks for the tip. I've been using page speed and a wordpress-specific tester. I've been trying to evaluate the forum manually though. :roll:
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 19 Aug 2013, 22:26

The forum app that we support recently updated the HD variant to version 4 on Android. They're having a sale to celebrate with the app at just 99 cents (normally 4.99)! I like the app, since it adds notifications and lower data use. To accommodate all users, we will keep both the mobile theme and app capability live, as long as they don't affect performance.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tapatalkHD

Hockey season is approaching fast. I'll try to make as much time available as I can to make the site run and look better by the time the puck drops.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 05 Sep 2013, 23:34

The site will be under construction for at least the next 2 days and offline. Major updates and performance upgrades incoming.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 11 Nov 2013, 02:03

A few names for forums have been changed.
SCSU Huskies has been changed to Men's Hockey, for ease of use and consistency.
Men's Division I has been changed to Other Hockey Teams, to open discussion to men's and women's teams.
Mc. Rudy's has been changed to On The Bench, since Mc. Rudy's bar is now closed. Temporary change, new name TBD.

I will, hopefully, be bringing the main site back up tomorrow before the coach's show.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 18 Nov 2013, 02:44

The main site is back up. Unfortunately, the server didn't like some of the updates that I was preparing. Once I made them active, the sever stopped responding. I am already working on a HUGE server upgrade to get the site looking and working great.

The logo isn't up yet, I'm working on scaling it to look good. I will be up by Friday.

A store is live, but we don't have product yet. The product in the store are dummy items that I mocked up in a couple minutes. For now, it is just proof-of-concept, but will have actual product to purchase asap. On the same note, I will up upgrading the server to secure connection (https) to keep payment processing secure.

The forum menu is not updated to match the main site yet. Again, it will be asap, tomorrow or tuesday.

There are a few other minor bugs that have arisen, they'll be cleared out as soon as possible as well.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Unread postby mdneilson » 06 Mar 2017, 19:38

FYI, the site will be down this Tuesday, March 7th, starting at 4PM CST. This maintenance is estimated to take up to 3-4 hours to complete.
mdneilson
Hobey Baker Finalist

Previous

Return to News & Announcements